Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelorette 5 Filming Schedule

Re: The Bachelorette 5 Filming Schedule

BlondieGal you must have some good connections or are you just good on the computer? I am glad whichever it is and I can't wait to see Jillian in Charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3359690;
    BlondieGal you must have some good connections or are you just good on the computer? I am glad whichever it is and I can't wait to see Jillian in Charge!
    Nanamary, I think that there are several of us on this board that have both... and more. That is why the Fort is where the best sleuths come to figure out the show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Lellis819;3359442;
    For those that will sleuth Bach'ette 5 I ...........
    All Travel to film location starting 3/13/2009
    Promos and pictures 3/14/2009
    Preparations for filming 3/14-15/200
    How is that possible so soon? Did they already pick potential good matches for Jillian?

I am so ready to see Jillian in the drivers seat. She was my favorite this season probably from the first time I heard her say the word out. I think she is tough but not rude Deanna tough.

I hope she demands that the show be taped in another country so she can get to travel and find someone worth her love.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3359747;
    How is that possible so soon? Did they already pick potential good matches for Jillian?
    They are obviously not going to have time to cast men who "knew" before applying that Jillian was the girl. But the producers would have "known" throughout final casting period that she was the choice, so they in their minds would be picking with her in mind.

Remember they only look for 4-5-6 "serious" candidates, and many of them get cast at the last minute.

Perhaps there are some candidates in the pipeline who are on the fence about whether to do it, who might be persuaded to sign up at the last minute when they see it is her (or not, depending upon tastes!).

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3359613;
    The calendar at medianet for 5/18 shows:

8:00 PM-9:00 PM DANCING WITH THE STARS
    9:32 PM-10:02 PM SURVIVING SUBURBIA
    10:02 PM-11:00 PM CASTLE
    I think that ABC will decide that the Bachelorette is a much better ratings pull than Surviving Suburbia and Castle - whatever they may be. I can't wait to see Jillian!

do you think that they only pick 5 or 6 serious guys? Why not let her pick from lots of nice guys (hot ones too)? What is she doesn't feel attracted physically to the 5 or 6 serious guys abc picks for her??!!
    She should have 25 nice and hot guys.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3359747;
    I'm wondering about that too.She was just announced Friday and their M&G is Mid March? They must have a good number of applicants on the bachelor wait list to get the 25. They have to weed out the undesirables and run whatever tests they have to.Also these men have to get ready too.They have jobs and families too.

Quote Originally Posted by JordynRoses;3359773;
    do you think that they only pick 5 or 6 serious guys? Why not let her pick from lots of nice guys (hot ones too)? What is she doesn't feel attracted physically to the 5 or 6 serious guys abc picks for her??!!
    Unfortunately they have to cast a guy for the stalker role, the guy that is a narcissist, the angry guy, the guy that all the other guys cannot stand, etc.... So many roles to fill!

The 2-week interview, physical, psychological testing, etc... for the finalists was already held in LA last month. They probably have the story board all completed now too.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by JordynRoses;3359773;
    The compressed filming schedule doesn't really allow for many contestants to have a "real" chance to break through, as contestant after contestant tells us in their post show teleconference interviews.

The first night the cameras can only film so many interactions.

The handlers are pre-assigned to handle particular contestants. They bicker about who gets to be with whom, because everyone wants to be with the contestant who has a shot to Exciting Travel to hometown, fantasy dates, meet the parents. Especially fantasy dates.

Some are cast knowing they will be sent home early.

Others are cast "to go far." For these cast members, they get arranged time with the Lead. Think Jillian and her hot dog idea. We were meant to love her from day one. Think of the huge glowing adorable intro she got that first night. From day one, she was a keeper. Because she was at the top of the heap of girls, and selected to be that.

Producers can entice a higher quality (less fame-oriented) contestant to come on the show if it's known that they will go far, and not suffer the embarrassment of early dismissal.

It's also simply practical. They have to scout and plan hometown dates and they need more lead time than 2 days to state the obvious.

I'm not saying the Lead has no say, but it's more marginal than people think.

Another example. They will ask Jillian what kinds of dates and activities she likes, but then do as they please. Does anyone think Jason wanted to go on the set of GH to play act for a day? I don't.