Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Your advice for the next bachelorette

Your advice for the next bachelorette

First of all, we have reason to believe Jillian is reading messages here at the Fort, someone who claims to know her said she's read messages from fans in her spoiler thread.

So what piece of advice would you give Jillian, other than the most obvious (RUN AWAY). Let's assume she really is going to do it, and a contract has been signed -- I don't think they'd announce her name without a signed contract.

If you liked DeAnna during Brad's season what did she do during the Bachelorette that turned you off? The more specific you can be the better it will help Jillian.

I'll start:

Jillian, keep the drinking to a minimum, you want to keep a clear head.

Remember that there will always be haters, you can't make everyone happy. Some people like to nitpick and they will "hate" you just because you say one wrong thing to their favorite guy. Or they will decide you're selfish because they think you are acting like you should be the center of attention, which is kinda silly since you're the freakin' bachelorette and you ARE the center of attention.

Don't believe everyone who works behind the scenes is actually your friend. I think they will manipulate you to tell a more dramatic story, they'll push you toward the guys who are better on camera, not necessarily the men who are better for you.

Don't accept a proposal unless you think it's for real. Stand your ground and ask to date your F1 outside the show if you know in your heart you need more time to explore your feelings.

Your fans will love you even if you choose nobody in the end. I think most of us now respect Brad for his decision and we will respect you if you decide none of the men are right for YOU.

Ask former bachelors and bachelorettes for advice, there's a small group of people who know exactly what you're about to go through.

Ignore whatever advice you think is lame (including all of my own), and HAVE FUN!
    Last edited by fluff; 02-28-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Re: Your advice for Jillian as the next bachelorette

Have your OWN lawyer look over your contract before you sign it!
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

FORT Fanatic

She better fall in love with the guy that everyone on these boards is routing for and boy don't panic and make a mistake in who you chose

because Jillian your character and your family will be CRUSHED IN NO TIME FLAT!

On the subject of love:

Don't beg (a la Jason) for a bachelor to tell you he's in love with you. (Not that I think you would - it's just too high school and really turned me off this season.)

Don't just stare at the bachelor who's just professed his love (a la Jason -see a theme here, folks?) and let the editors play havok with the dead-air time. RESPOND, even if it's simply, "I hope to be able to tell you how I'm feeling soon." (AND, don't do the Deanna "well, of course you're in love with me" look, either.)
    Last edited by I'msotired; 02-28-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: left out a word sorry

If you need more time to decide who you will pick between the f2,insist that you be allowed to date them both in the real world rather than be pressured to pick one at the FRC.

Stick to your guns and don't allow TPTB push you into picking someone other than who you really want.

TPTB will try to manipulate you into having a more dramatic ending.Don't let them do that.Stick to your beliefs and don't let them dictate the ending to you.

Have an idea of what you want in a guy,but don't eliminate them just because they don't fit all of your criteria.Allow for a little diversity

Don't kiss every guy on the season, please. Jason did too much kissing and not enough talking, haha!

Also, at the MTA, please show some softness. It seems like every past Bach/B'ette is uptight.

Jillian,

Wait a little to kiss the guys. Always leave them wanting a little more...

Remember that even though you will be the center of attention, do not act like the center of attention. I think that is where Deanna went wrong.

Go with your heart. If you can't have the one you love, do not just settle with the one you are with (ie what happened with Graham).

Have fun and be yourself. That is who we all fell in love with!!!

I would want to tell Jillian to make sure that she maintains her creativity... the same creativity that brought us the hot dog theory. Make sure she gets that creativity in her conversations with the guys, and in her ability to talk at the rose ceremonies. Don't allow the producers to mask that very quality that makes Jillian "Jillian."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3355762;
    I would want to tell Jillian to make sure that she maintains her creativity... the same creativity that brought us the hot dog theory. Make sure she gets that creativity in her conversations with the guys, and in her ability to talk at the rose ceremonies. Don't allow the producers to mask that very quality that makes Jillian "Jillian."
    And please object when the producers want to serve hot dogs at the Meet and Greet (and you KNOW they will want to).

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3355762;
    Trust your instincts

When in doubt, don't make a quick decision

Just be your lovely self and have fun!

Know that you have so many fans rooting for your "Prince Charing to get off his lazy butt and sweep you off your feet"
    Last edited by pavalygurl; 02-28-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: I meant Charming not Charing...yikes!

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast