Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Your advice for the next bachelorette

Re: Your advice for the next bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;3371417;
    Okay, I am a Canuck, what is boneyize her???
    Here's what I found...

a true Westcoast Canadianism which does appear in one of the current best reference works for slang. The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English, on page 225, states that boneyize means to lay claim to something. It is a Canadian kids' expression from the late 1940s meaning "first dibs." On the Canadian prairies, it has been reported to mean "covet."

The root is probably "Boney," one of the playful nicknames in English for Napoleon Bonaparte, who claimed first dibs on most of Europe at one time or another.

My advice to Jillian, DO NOT answer the door if Jason comes to give advice!

Quote Originally Posted by rockyone;3371612;
    My advice to Jillian, DO NOT answer the door if Jason comes to give advice!
    That is great advice! Hopefully he'll be too busy with Molly and his own love story, that he won't have time to give advice!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles245;3371617;
    That is great advice! Hopefully he'll be too busy with Molly and his own love story, that he won't have time to give advice!
    or busy in the tent.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3371501;
    Here's what I found...

a true Westcoast Canadianism which does appear in one of the current best reference works for slang. The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English, on page 225, states that boneyize means to lay claim to something. It is a Canadian kids' expression from the late 1940s meaning "first dibs." On the Canadian prairies, it has been reported to mean "covet."

The root is probably "Boney," one of the playful nicknames in English for Napoleon Bonaparte, who claimed first dibs on most of Europe at one time or another.
    boneyize.

It's like the reciprocated response of someone who wants something really bad and gets it (the response) first. ie. Who will be the first guy to get the first impression rose? Who will be the first to lay claim to her? Who will be the first to say, "she's mine".

A Timmys might just do it. And what were you thinking this Canuck was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3371501;
    Here's what I found...

Thanks for the explanation. That is SO not what I imagined.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by JordynRoses;3371684;
    :
    A Timmys might just do it. And what were you thinking this Canuck was talking about?
    Mmmmmmmm... I loves me some Timmy's.

Quote Originally Posted by JordynRoses;3371684;
    boneyize.

It's like the reciprocated response of someone who wants something really bad and gets it (the response) first. ie. Who will be the first guy to get the first impression rose? Who will be the first to lay claim to her? Who will be the first to say, "she's mine".

I read it's some type of coffee? Never heard of it though.

I just read that Jillian got into her contract to talk to her parents once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3371775;
    I just read that Jillian got into her contract to talk to her parents once a week.
    Yes because during Jason's season she wasn't allowed to speak to them throughout the whole thing so she made sure that she could call them once a week during her season.

Boneyize is a true Westcoast Canadianism which does appear in one of the current best reference works for slang. The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English, on page 225, states that boneyize means to lay claim to something. It is a Canadian kids' expression from the late 1940s meaning "first dibs." On the Canadian prairies, it has been reported to mean "covet."