Page 384 of 385 FirstFirst ... 284334374375376377378379380381382383384385 LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 3842

Thread: Atfr2

FORT Fogey

Re: Atfr2

We always have two options. Those who for whatever reason want to continue discussing can, and those who for whatever reason don't want to continue discussing can stop.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Not that I think De is an influential person, but her saying that she picked the wild card and it didn't work (Jesse), rather than the safe one (Jason), could this have influenced Jason in any way? Was he trying too hard to make the right choice and in doing so, he felt that Melissa would be the safer choice, rather than Molly, the wild card?
    If this wasn't scripted from the beginning, then contacting Molly right after he returned from NZ, and Molly being receptive to his call, would certainly account for his change in feelings towards Melissa, and the reason why he didn't try to make it work.
    I believe that Jason shouldn't have proposed to anyone in the state of mind he was in, if that wasn't a red flag to him, I'm not sure what would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3374088;
    Not that I think De is an influential person, but her saying that she picked the wild card and it didn't work (Jesse), rather than the safe one (Jason), could this have influenced Jason in any way? Was he trying too hard to make the right choice and in doing so, he felt that Melissa would be the safer choice, rather than Molly, the wild card?
    If this wasn't scripted from the beginning, then contacting Molly right after he returned from NZ, and Molly being receptive to his call, would certainly account for his change in feelings towards Melissa, and the reason why he didn't try to make it work.
    I believe that Jason shouldn't have proposed to anyone in the state of mind he was in, if that wasn't a red flag to him, I'm not sure what would be.
    I wonder if the Deanna conversation happened AFTER the proposal to offer an explanation or an out for Jason? They may have been scrambling to make the story fit what actually happened and decided to bring De in to cast some doubt and edit it in later knowing what the outcome actuallly was.
    ...The Heart wants what the Heart wants...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3373843;
    The argument is that when Molly is talking with him, what she says registers with him - it dawns on him. He realizes both that she really does care and cares enough to have accepted him, and she is the actual one that has his heart. If this is so, then it isn't too late at that point to undo the mistake of letting her go.
    That's one argument, but not neccesarily the one that Jason is sticking to with any kind of consistency. I think the only time he said that was during the ATFR 1 or 2... he's said so many different things in such a short period of time, that it's difficult to analyze the situation based on his words alone. Personally, I keep going back to the Ellen interview because I think that was the most honest he's been, to date.

Folks, if you separate yourselves from "camps" and look at this thing from what we have been shown in total, something doesn't add up.
    No it doesn't add up, but it probablly never will--no matter what "camp" you're in--what we've been shown in total, isn't the sum total of what took place in reality.

I don't know about you, but I had a really hard time reconciling what I saw on tv with what RS (and others) have suggested. I went back and forth, again and again. The idea that it was a pre-determined plan rings true to me, but I just could not wrap my brain around how Jason could agree to intentionally hurt someone in that way. But after watching his post show interviews, I've been able to reconcile it. IMO, Jason was masterfully manipulated into agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3373958;
    I would have loved to have seen this - that would have been a jaw dropper. He lets Molly go - cut to the scene of balcony anguish. He calls the producer - asks him to stop the limo - Molly comes back and waits. He says good bye to Melissa. Then Jason presents Molly with the final rose...

I actually think that's one of the best suggestions I have heard to date. That way all this insanity and pain could have been avoided. It would also have made perfect sense! You didn't need a degree in psychology to see that Jason was overcome and distraught after letting Molly go and was in no condition to propose to anyone at that moment.

I have rewatched the FRC a few times and there was one moment when I swear I could see it in Jason's eyes when he was struggling to tell Molly that he would let her go. I even freezed it at that one moment so I could look more intently at his eyes, because I think the truth was right there for everyone to see. He says that he doesn't even have a reason he can give her for letting her go. Molly looks down and the realization is starting to set in. It was at that very moment that I actually thought that Jason might just refuse to go through with letting her go. Then he takes a deep breath and says, " But I HAVE to let you go." I put the emphasis on the word "have". I can't try to read too much into, but I couldn't stop feeling that he really did feel compelled or forced to go ahead with it.

How much more real it would have been if the guy just stopped and said, I can't go through with this. He should have run after her and got her back. Then he could have broken up with Melissa. Now that would have been a story and one much more satisfying to everybody. That would have been real.

What Jason did was go through with the stupid plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3374013;
    I still think Jason, Molly, and Melissa were all paid well to cooperate with this scenario - you'll never convince me otherwise!
    For me, I just can't buy it because Jason is a terrible actor. He was terrible all season long at hiding his real feelings, so I don't think he could have pulled off anything.

I'm still leaving the door open for everyone else to be great actors, and for all the manipulation in the world from TPTB, but Jason being able to fool us with his acting? I can't buy that.

Though I could be wrong, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3373765;

Excellent post which I shortened to what I want to address....I could buy this and forget about the whole (intentional) F2 to F1 in any shape, fashion, or form except that when he rejected Molly, Melissa had not yet come. We had not seen any of it.
    There is not one single reason why once he realized that he had made this gigantic mistake in letting Molly go, the producers could not have contacted the limo driver and had Molly taken somewhere with the idea that there had been a change in plans - the approaching Melissa would become the rejected F2. Molly would then return and become the proposed to F1.

We would have never seen Molly get rejected nor the balcony anquish.

As far as what we would have seen, Melissa would have come first and been rejected as F2, and Molly would have come 2nd and been proposed to as F1.

That would have taken care of all of it - his mistake and the whole works. The producers would have gone along with it because they wanted the love story ending.
    I agree.
    I remember reading/watching (I wish I could remember where), in a very early interview, Jason stating the he was grateful to ABC for giving him AS MUCH TIME AS HE NEEDED to make his decision.
    While the debate of how and why might continue for years, in the end, what I have found to be most fascinating is inadvertently being allowed a peek behind the The Wizard's curtain.

Originally, De was supposed to provide the manufactured drama this season, but in usual De style, she did more harm than good by planting the seed of doubt in Jason's mind and had him second guessing his choice. When you have a willing participant, Molly, then you have a scenario ripe for what went on this season. Fleiss said that Jason was taken with Melissa early on, the crew saw it and Jason told Molly at the FRC that he was in love with someone else. Jason is easily influenced and I think De's words were fresh in his mind. The guy can't make a decision and stick with it. Whatever his version of fairytale love is, to him Melissa wasn't cutting it, therefore, he had backup girl on his mind from day one, so it's no wonder he and Melissa didn't make it. As Melissa said he wasn't willing to fight.
    As far as Molly, she knows how to play the other woman game and knows what buttons to push. If she and Jason really are experiencing "true love", then the least they could have done is waited out the course of the show before taking their circus act on the road.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3374285;
    Originally, De was supposed to provide the manufactured drama this season, but in usual De style, she did more harm than good by planting the seed of doubt in Jason's mind and had him second guessing his choice. When you have a willing participant, Molly, then you have a scenario ripe for what went on this season. Fleiss said that Jason was taken with Melissa early on, the crew saw it and Jason told Molly at the FRC that he was in love with someone else. Jason is easily influenced and I think De's words were fresh in his mind. The guy can't make a decision and stick with it. Whatever his version of fairytale love is, to him Melissa wasn't cutting it, therefore, he had backup girl on his mind from day one, so it's no wonder he and Melissa didn't make it. As Melissa said he wasn't willing to fight.
    As far as Molly, she knows how to play the other woman game and knows what buttons to push. If she and Jason really are experiencing "true love", then the least they could have done is waited out the course of the show before taking their circus act on the road.

Oh, Molly knew how to push his buttons all right.

FORT Newbie

I can think of a reason why Jason went through with the plan - I believe ABC gave him money and also exposure for his foundation, which is what he is going to be doing now. HE made a deal with the devil for his future. Jason Mesnick is now a household name, if he had picked Molly and they were together no matter how long, his name would have died down in a short amount of time w/o much fanfare. This way, he got ABC money and notoriety. As soon as I heard Ellen ask him that question and he answered, I had my own Ah Ha moment.