Page 383 of 385 FirstFirst ... 283333373374375376377378379380381382383384385 LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 3842

Thread: Atfr2

Re: Atfr2

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3373750;
    That picture of him and Ty on his myspace and his new single parents site, there is a X mas tree in the background. So he might celebrate it, with Hannukah in a non religious way.
    I'm pretty sure his first wife was not Jewish so it's possible that Ty does celebrate Christmas. A lot probably depends on how active Jason is with his religion.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3373554;
    The public seem to prefer the bachelors to continue with the charade as evidenced by the outrage to Jason's blatant disregard for the politically correct behavior but complained about how phony their engagements were _ 12-0. . What I find so ironic in this experience is the reaction to the rejection of F2. Why is the latter tolerable and the F1's not? They both got rejected on national TV .... hmmmmm. And they both signed up to get 'romanced', 'groped', 'deluded' and 'publically humiliated'. Why is Melissa's public humiliation not OK and Molly's OK?
    I have a couple of comments that might explain why people reacted to Melissa's public humiliation vs Molly's.

1) We were set up to know what was going to happen. Anyone who read RS and some other sources knew what was going to happen before it did. Automatically, it makes people cynical to know that this is going to happen. So they think, "Who gives a sh!t about Molly, she's going to get him anyway."

2) TPTB didn't give anyone time to react to Molly's dumping. Within a two minute commerical break we are transported to ATFR where we see Jason dump one woman and pick up where he left off with the other. There's no time there to say, "man what happened to Molly really sucks" because she gets what she wanted in the next show.

3) I don't know Lorenzo's season, so I can't speak to that. I think people react to Melissa's dumping because she was the chosen one. To be picked and then dumped is much worse. I remember that season where Matt (the football player), I believe gave the wrong girl the rose at the first rose ceremony. They called CH in and they gave him another rose. He kept the girl he was going to reject and gave another rose to the person he intended. It wasn't like the bachelor pulled the rose from her and said, "sorry, I made a mistake." That would have been the ultimate in humiliation (although knowing the guy made a mistake isn't a great feeling either). And it makes you (the bachelor) look like a dumba$$. Now magnify it by 1000x. There's something that doesn't sit right with being proposed to and being rejected. To say, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you please accept this RING" and then not want to is worse than never hearing that and being dumped IMHO. I think the edit set people up to react that way to Melissa. Molly was someone I never felt I got to know, and I think the edit contributed to that.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=cheekychook;3372681;] He rejects Molly. She doesnít react the way he imagined. She maintains her eye contact with him. She is visibly hurt. She tells him he has made a mistake---the last words he wants to hear because making a mistake was what he was trying so desperately to avoid. She continues the eye contact. She doesnít freak out and scream at him, she doesnít pull away from him or slap him, sheís hurt and confused and, in her own quiet way, devastated. He starts to see that what he thought was one-sided on his part is not---she does care about him too. Her eyes are mirroring his hurt and fear. It hits him like a ton of bricks. He closes the limo door. We donít get to see all of his breakdown, but we have heard about it from numerous sources, including Jason---he falls to his knees crying as the limo drives away---when he is able to stand he weaves his way, still in tears, through the house and out to the balcony where he continues to sob. Gut wrenching sobs. ďThatís the hardest I think Iíve ever cried in my lifeĒ he says of it. I am sorry, you can cry because it makes you sad to hurt someone else, but gut-wrenching sobs of that nature come from being hurt yourself. He was devastated, beyond what he even imagined. I believe the PI of him in his FRC suit, crying, while he talks to the camera was shot AFTER Molly left. I donít recall the exact wording but he is saying something about how he never though it would turn out this way. I have a feeling he meant that he didnít expect to still be torn after he had already chosen and let one girl go----I donít think he expected to do his hardest crying ever. I think he thought he had made the right decision and canít understand why he is still feeling so upset. I have no idea what transpires to get him from Point A of sobbing over sending Molly home to Point B of proposing to Melissa and jumping in the pool. I canít really fathom the kind of magic that must have been worked on set that day. I imagine that he was given the pep talk of the century and perhaps a stiff drink (not trying to start any rumors here, just sayingÖ) because he went from basket case to ďwill you marry meĒ and that took at least some visine and some heavy duty foundation---sorry, folks but you cry your eyes out like that and you are not camera-ready any time that day without some serious intervention from the make-up department.

So he proposed to Melissa. And he was happy because she said yes and, in a way he really did love her----just not the same way he loved Molly. And I believe that ate at him from that moment on, until it became the only thing he could think about----and there we have it. /QUOTE]

Excellent post which I shortened to what I want to address....

I could buy this and forget about the whole (intentiona) F2 to F1 in any shape, fashion, or form except that when he rejected Molly, Melissa had not yet come. We had not seen any of it.

There is not one single reason why once he realized that he had made this gigantic mistake in letting Molly go, the producers could not have contacted the limo driver and had Molly taken somewhere with the idea that there had been a change in plans - the approaching Melissa would become the rejected F2. Molly would then return and become the proposed to F1.

We would have never seen Molly get rejected nor the balcony anquish.

As far as what we would have seen, Melissa would have come first and been rejected as F2, and Molly would have come 2nd and been proposed to as F1.

That would have taken care of all of it - his mistake and the whole works. The producers would have gone along with it because they wanted the love story ending.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3373765;

I could buy this and forget about the whole (intentiona) F2 to F1 in any shape, fashion, or form except that when he rejected Molly, Melissa had not yet come. We had not seen any of it.

There is not one single reason why once he realized that he had made this gigantic mistake in letting Molly go, the producers could not have contacted the limo driver and had Molly taken somewhere with the idea that there had been a change in plans - the approaching Melissa would become the rejected F2. Molly would then return and become the proposed to F1.

As far as what we would have seen, Melissa would have come first and been rejected as F2, and Molly would have come 2nd and been proposed to as F1.

That would have taken care of all of it - his mistake and the whole works. The producers would have gone along with it because they wanted the love story ending.
    Two theories:

1. It was part of the plan as was suggested by RS (and others), with alot of "grey" area in terms of the details... who knew? how much? and when?

2. Ellen asked CH why (if Jason was that torn), why didn't he ask for more time before making his final decision. CH said that Jason didn't ask for more time; that he didn't need any more time. When Jason was interviewed by Ellen he echoed the same thing. According to Jason, he rationalized the anguish he felt as being a normal part of the grieving process of ending a relationship with someone he loved, and that in time, he thought he would be able to move on. Jason has said (and has also been said by previous Bachs and Bach'ettes) that the relationship with each of them was completely separate from the other. If Jason had completely separated what he had with Melissa from that of Molly, I can see why he would've failed to connect the dots between the loss of Molly and his subsequent proposal to Melissa.
    Last edited by xocai; 03-07-2009 at 05:46 PM.

[QUOTE=Bloomers;3373765;]
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3372681;
    He rejects Molly. She doesnít react the way he imagined. She maintains her eye contact with him. She is visibly hurt. She tells him he has made a mistake---the last words he wants to hear because making a mistake was what he was trying so desperately to avoid. She continues the eye contact. She doesnít freak out and scream at him, she doesnít pull away from him or slap him, sheís hurt and confused and, in her own quiet way, devastated. He starts to see that what he thought was one-sided on his part is not---she does care about him too. Her eyes are mirroring his hurt and fear. It hits him like a ton of bricks. He closes the limo door. We donít get to see all of his breakdown, but we have heard about it from numerous sources, including Jason---he falls to his knees crying as the limo drives away---when he is able to stand he weaves his way, still in tears, through the house and out to the balcony where he continues to sob. Gut wrenching sobs. ďThatís the hardest I think Iíve ever cried in my lifeĒ he says of it. I am sorry, you can cry because it makes you sad to hurt someone else, but gut-wrenching sobs of that nature come from being hurt yourself. He was devastated, beyond what he even imagined. I believe the PI of him in his FRC suit, crying, while he talks to the camera was shot AFTER Molly left. I donít recall the exact wording but he is saying something about how he never though it would turn out this way. I have a feeling he meant that he didnít expect to still be torn after he had already chosen and let one girl go----I donít think he expected to do his hardest crying ever. I think he thought he had made the right decision and canít understand why he is still feeling so upset. I have no idea what transpires to get him from Point A of sobbing over sending Molly home to Point B of proposing to Melissa and jumping in the pool. I canít really fathom the kind of magic that must have been worked on set that day. I imagine that he was given the pep talk of the century and perhaps a stiff drink (not trying to start any rumors here, just sayingÖ) because he went from basket case to ďwill you marry meĒ and that took at least some visine and some heavy duty foundation---sorry, folks but you cry your eyes out like that and you are not camera-ready any time that day without some serious intervention from the make-up department.

So he proposed to Melissa. And he was happy because she said yes and, in a way he really did love her----just not the same way he loved Molly. And I believe that ate at him from that moment on, until it became the only thing he could think about----and there we have it. /QUOTE]

I thought of that too, when he broke down crying on the balconey, why couldn't they have radioed the limo driver and said bring Molly back. Then his F2 would have been F1 and Mel could be F2 and that would have been a dramatic ending with out all the long term hurt and scandal.
    "I actually thought our relationship was 50 times better than the other guys. I thought it was my job to come back and get her." Reid R.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xocai;3373826;
    Two theories:

1. It was part of the plan as was suggested by RS (and others), with alot of "grey" area in terms of the details... who knew? how much? and when?

2. Ellen asked CH why (if Jason was that torn), why didn't he ask for more time before making his final decision. CH said that Jason didn't ask for more time; that he didn't need any more time. When Jason was interviewed by Ellen he echoed the same thing. According to Jason, he rationalized the anguish he felt as being a normal part of the grieving process of ending a relationship with someone he loved, and that in time, he thought he would be able to move on. Jason has said (more than once, and as have been said by previous Bachs and Bach'ettes) that the relationship with each of them was completely separate from the other. If Jason had completely separated what he had with Melissa from that of Molly, I can see why he would've failed to connect the dots between the loss of Molly and his subsequent proposal to Melissa.

The argument is that when Molly is talking with him, what she says registers with him - it dawns on him. He realizes both that she really does care and cares enough to have accepted him, and she is the actual one that has his heart.
    If this is so, then it isn't too late at that point to undo the mistake of letting her go.

It can't be both ways. He can't have had this lightbulb moment when he realized that Molly did love him and he could actually have Molly and at the same time decide letting Molly go was absolutely right, he doesn't need any more time, almost have a nervous break down, and then propose undying love to Melissa within the next however long that took.

Folks, if you separate yourselves from "camps" and look at this thing from what we have been shown in total, something doesn't add up.

In the long run it isn't going to matter which one of the scenarios is what actually happened, but I sure would like to know the truth.

I believe the whole truth is known by Jason ( if he hasn't now confused it in his mind), and the majority of it is known by Fleiss and the showrunner who for the sake of their own hides sure aren't going to tell it to the buzzing angry crowds.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

[QUOTE=Bloomers;3373765;]
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3372681;
    He rejects Molly. She doesn’t react the way he imagined. She maintains her eye contact with him. She is visibly hurt. She tells him he has made a mistake---the last words he wants to hear because making a mistake was what he was trying so desperately to avoid. She continues the eye contact. She doesn’t freak out and scream at him, she doesn’t pull away from him or slap him, she’s hurt and confused and, in her own quiet way, devastated. He starts to see that what he thought was one-sided on his part is not---she does care about him too. Her eyes are mirroring his hurt and fear. It hits him like a ton of bricks. He closes the limo door. We don’t get to see all of his breakdown, but we have heard about it from numerous sources, including Jason---he falls to his knees crying as the limo drives away---when he is able to stand he weaves his way, still in tears, through the house and out to the balcony where he continues to sob. Gut wrenching sobs. “That’s the hardest I think I’ve ever cried in my life” he says of it. I am sorry, you can cry because it makes you sad to hurt someone else, but gut-wrenching sobs of that nature come from being hurt yourself. He was devastated, beyond what he even imagined. I believe the PI of him in his FRC suit, crying, while he talks to the camera was shot AFTER Molly left. I don’t recall the exact wording but he is saying something about how he never though it would turn out this way. I have a feeling he meant that he didn’t expect to still be torn after he had already chosen and let one girl go----I don’t think he expected to do his hardest crying ever. I think he thought he had made the right decision and can’t understand why he is still feeling so upset. I have no idea what transpires to get him from Point A of sobbing over sending Molly home to Point B of proposing to Melissa and jumping in the pool. I can’t really fathom the kind of magic that must have been worked on set that day. I imagine that he was given the pep talk of the century and perhaps a stiff drink (not trying to start any rumors here, just saying…) because he went from basket case to “will you marry me” and that took at least some visine and some heavy duty foundation---sorry, folks but you cry your eyes out like that and you are not camera-ready any time that day without some serious intervention from the make-up department.

Bloomers, as always, I so enjoy your posts. If this did happen, they could have filmed it all - now that would have also been a shocking FRC - and quite believable!
    Last edited by nutty1; 03-07-2009 at 06:36 PM.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3373843;
    The argument is that when Molly is talking with him, what she says registers with him - it dawns on him. He realizes both that she really does care and cares enough to have accepted him, and she is the actual one that has his heart.
    If this is so, then it isn't too late at that point to undo the mistake of letting her go.

It can't be both ways. He can't have had this lightbulb moment when he realized that Molly did love him and he could actually have Molly and at the same time decide letting Molly go was absolutely right, he doesn't need any more time, almost have a nervous break down, and then propose undying love to Melissa within the next however long that took.

Folks, if you separate yourselves from "camps" and look at this thing from what we have been shown in total, something doesn't add up.

In the long run it isn't going to matter which one of the scenarios is what actually happened, but I sure would like to know the truth.

I believe the whole truth is known by Jason ( if he hasn't now confused it in his mind), and the majority of it is known by Fleiss and the showrunner who for the sake of their own hides sure aren't going to tell it to the buzzing angry crowds.
    Me, too, Bloomers, me too!

To add more to 'what happened', in the mom logic interview, Jason was asked about the balcony scene and how did he propose to Melissa. He said that there was a long time in between so he had plenty of time to collect himself. I'd have to go back and watch for his exact words.

ETA: I went back and watched. It's around the 4min mark or so and he uses the words 'big break'. In fact, he says it twice.

Another thing that makes you go ... hmmmmmmm. (I also have to wonder what was going through Melissa's mind during this time ... waiting.)
    Last edited by Deberoo; 03-07-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Watched the mom logic video again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3373765;

I would have loved to have seen this - that would have been a jaw dropper. He lets Molly go - cut to the scene of balcony anguish. He calls the producer - asks him to stop the limo - Molly comes back and waits. He says good bye to Melissa. Then Jason presents Molly with the final rose...

From bubblybear:

1) We were set up to know what was going to happen. Anyone who read RS and some other sources knew what was going to happen before it did. Automatically, it makes people cynical to know that this is going to happen.

2) TPTB didn't give anyone time to react to Molly's dumping. Within a two minute commerical break we are transported to ATFR where we see Jason dump one woman and pick up where he left off with the other. There's no time there to say, "man what happened to Molly really sucks" because she gets what she wanted in the next show.
    Excellent points! When I watched the FRC, with the last dates, ring choosing, rejection, proposal, jumping in the pool, and how could I forget - Deanna's return, I was really blase about the whole thing. I knew what would happen, so I wasn't that interested. The only thing I was interested in was trying to pick up clues and watching Jason's breakdown. The rest was blah. I was no longer seeing my love story. Even on previous ones, although some were fake, I saw a love story (or tried to). So I basically lost interest in watching this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Bloomers;[/B]3373765;]I could buy this and forget about the whole (intentiona) F2 to F1 in any shape, fashion, or form except that when he rejected Molly, Melissa had not yet come. We had not seen any of it.

This is a great idea, and I think most of us would have preferred this. Why or why didn't they do it this way? The only thing I can think of is Fleiss knew what would happen if they spinned it the way they did. I still think Jason, Molly, and Melissa were all paid well to cooperate with this scenario - you'll never convince me otherwise!

RATINGS, RATINGS, RATINGS!!!!!!!!