Page 381 of 385 FirstFirst ... 281331371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385 LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 3842

Thread: Atfr2

Re: Atfr2

Wow I just read Cheekychook's great post and wanted to say that it is a very impressive observation and post. Even though I was a Melissa fan from the beginning. (who wouldn't warm to her cute little puppy actions) I was seeing a lot of what Cheeky saw and kept having a nagging feeling that Melissa was not the only one in the running for F1. I honestly held my breath for a minute because even though we had sluethed Melissa as F1...I expected to see Jason run after the limo and get Molly to come back. I admit I cried harder watching this than when he broke up with Melissa. I actually felt more pain for Molly when he let her go. She had bought into them as a couple 100%. There was no doubt in her mind that she was the one he would choose. She was really knocked down for the count when he told her that he was choosing Melissa. Melissa seemed a lot more resigned to the chance that she might not be his chosen one. She was more prepared to go.

I hope that whatever happens that Jason and Molly can weather the storm and stay together.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

So Ty is going to sleep every night dreaming about his new step-mom...

Re: Just a thought about the phone and Molly....

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3373573;
    The problem I have with this 'The phone is Molly' tag is the inherent misrepresentation.

By the way, Jason admitted to have asked the producers/management for the right to speak with Molly regarding the NZ incident: he felt he needed to know how she was, having experienced that with DeAnna. He did so with the management's approval ... so where was the betrayal in that instance. He did not contact her on the sly like Alex supposedly did with Trista. Of course, I may have misinterpreted the use of this tag and if I have, I apologize.
    No need to apologize at all. No, it wasn't a statement of the circumstances, it was a pure gut reaction to the imagery of his statement. I'm looking forward to scoping out a funny line for the next season. BTW, I'd have tagged anyone from the show if I thought it was a good blooper. Lord knows, I've said plenty of of stuff in my lifetime that could be tagged...
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Newbie

Cheekychook,
    You're dead on right. I went back and rewatched all of Molly and Jason's parts before the finale. Not only did I observe everything you posted, but I also noticed that Molly received a lot of first rose's during the actual rose ceremonies. I've been watching this show since Andy Baldwin's season, and I realized that, whoever recieves the first rose after the hometown dates is the F1 (Molly, Shayne, Jesse, Tessa).

Molly is also the one that interrupted Megan's 1on1 before the rose ceremony, eventhough she already had a rose from the tent date (which caused Megan and Erika's fight). She is a tom boy go pretty who loves fast foods.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3373570;
    I have a quick question for those of you with better memories that mine. At one of Jason's interviews (prior to the end of the show) he stated that "she's the same away from the camera as she was on the camera" or something like that. This statement could be very telling if it was said 'after' he and Melissa ended things - if it was said before then I really am at a loss.
    I heard the other bachelorettes commenting about Melissa being herself 24/7. Of course, that comment should be placed in the right context: her persona did not seem to vary with different situations in the Bachelor. Jason in AFRC part 1 spoke about how things were not the same after the cameras were gone. All of a sudden, they couldn't have the kind of conversations they enjoyed when they were in the Bachelor. The 'sparks' that brought them together went out with the 'Bachelor' cameras. Melissa expressed a similar view in her 'Ellen' interview. I think, it is easy to be 'different' or a 'certain way' when you have the cameras recording your every move. We all behave differently when we know no one is looking .... that is a given! When I am inside my bedroom, i don't care how i am dressed ... my appearance and my behavior but when I am in the company of people I want to give a good impression to ... I do behave my very best. Is this necessarily malicious ... disingenuous? I don't think so. I believe it is all 'relative'. I'd add also that ultimately, it is all 'about' intents and timing. The latter often defines where a choice becomes viable or not which again is a very subjective and relative thing. Jason thought he had to do the break-up on camera - a very obvious interpretation given his contract - he did sign up to have his romantic journey filmed, and the bachelorettes who agreed to take part made a similar deal. When he learned he could not stay engage to Melissa because his heart belongs to Molly, he decided to tell the producers of the unlikely development. Apparently, he notified them of the change before the season aired so the management sort of panicked and rightly so, the Finale was already shot. So they decided to do the emergency AFRC part one hoping to explain the 'change' that the tabloids would have a field day discussing afterwards. I studied theatre (I have yet to use or apply that training and education) and I know that a theatrical production's entertainment value is often tied with the 'ending' ... (we often feel cheated when the ending does not seem to mesh with the story-line) so the management's concern was valid. The question was how should this new 'shock' be handled? The premise of the show is tracking the romance _ the ups and downs, the good and the bad, etc. and so they decided to go with that premise. Did Jason have a control over the outcome, yes! Did Melissa have the same control? A resounding YES! So why did it end the way it did? I'd look to Jason's perception of the process and his real intents and I'd say the same applies to Melissa. Jason in one of his interviews spoke about the difference in their communication styles which is very telling of his decision to end the engagement. I'd like to quote this view by Stephen Covey which I feel explains my theory relating to the 'control' I speak about:
    “Look at the word responsibility—“response-ability”—the ability to choose your response.
    Highly proactive people recognize that responsibility. They do not blame circumstances, conditions, or conditioning for their behavior. Their behavior is a product of their own conscious choice, based on values, rather than a product of their conditions, based on feeling.”
    By the way, Jason's choosing Melissa then is analogous to the hiring of someone who in paper, interview ... seems to be THE perfect candidate only to find out later that what seems perfect then in the context of the employer's hiring standards is not the perfect fit. I am stating this from my HR experience; oftentimes there were two or three we felt good about ... that we felt compelled to go by the accepted guidelines. Melissa embodied what he thought was his ideal mate ... and he felt there was also the 'spark'. When one is in that 'mode', it is easy to get blindsided.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3373696;
    By the way, Jason's choosing Melissa then is analogous to the hiring of someone who in paper, interview ... seems to be THE perfect candidate only to find out later that what seems perfect then in the context of the employer's hiring standards is not the perfect fit. I am stating this from my HR experience; oftentimes there were two or three we felt good about ... that we felt compelled to go by the accepted guidelines. Melissa embodied what he thought was his ideal mate ... and he felt there was also the 'spark'. When one is in that 'mode', it is easy to get blindsided.
    Or could it be that from the moment he let Molly go he realized he didn't want to make it work with Melissa so he didn't try?

FORT Regular

I feel awful for Jason (and Melissa and Molly). I really do. I think we have all been regretful for a decision / thought / action. The challenge is when you make that mistake on T.V. I think everyone except Fleiss is sorry for what happened.

I believe we need to give the guy a break. He clearly made a mistake, and he allowed Fleiss to take control and manipulate him, just as we all have been manipulated by familly, friends, co-workers, bosses, etc.

Instead of pointing fingers and getting angry at Jason, maybe we can learn from Jason and make sure 1) we take responsibility for our own actions 2) we don't let other manipulate us 3) we consider the feelings of others 4) we put our loved ones first 5) the list goes on.

**I enjoy trying to figure out what happened, but it saddens me when people get angry and are hurtful towards others.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home;3373709;
    5) the list goes on.

and on and on and on

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3373703;
    Or could it be that from the moment he let Molly go he realized he didn't want to make it work with Melissa so he didn't try?
    I think he was resentful that he had to let go of Molly, and he took that out on Melissa. He couldn't accept that he had to make a choice between the two. It could have been the other way around, IMO. If he had decided to let Melissa go, he might have cried like a baby too. And then he might have had trouble focusing on Molly because he couldn't stop thinking about Mel. The guy just has issues.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3373703;
    It is easy to say that _ he didn't try hard enough. Was it worth the time? Did they have enough compelling bases to work from? I don't know the 'realities' of their circumstance, I'd say if their communication styles are so vastly different (and based on their interaction in AFRC part 1, they spoke from opposite ends of the spectrum _ never even came close to the center) then 'talking' their problems out will be a very challenging exercise. Generally, that's the culprit in the breakdown of most marriages or relationships. Sometimes we seem to say the same thing ... and then we get shocked at the interpretation as translated in our actions and decisions. That's the 'individual' in us that makes 'co-existence' such a challenge, a problem and exciting and a learning experience as well.