Thread: Atfr2

Re: Atfr2

cheekychook, I enjoyed your post. I'd like to think that's the way it played out, and I'll bet you're very close, if not right on target. I especially enjoyed your insight into Jason's personality/actions. I don't think he's a creep. I think he's human, and this whole thing is upsetting him more than we'll ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3372900;
    So why did he do it then? We are going around in circles. People are saying Jason was not happy proposing, but nobody including him seems to be able to answer why he did it then.

Hmmm......

Doesn't this seem curious?
    It does to me Bloomers. I would really like some opinions. Outside of he's an idiot/weak Even if he's displayed those characteristics a lot he still proposed when he was in love with Molly. Why would someone do that? Unless people are saying he IS that weak and dumb. Nothing more??

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3372560;
    What we know of how this show is run, combined with information from various sources, I would guess that Fleiss had a plan for the season and chose the bachelor he thought would be most easily manipulated to follow the plan.

If Jason out and out agreed, or if he was overtly or subvertly manipulated in some manner, I can't say for certain. Whether he was in on the it from day one, from F5 forward, from the FRC forward, or not at all, I can't tell you that for certain either, but I find it hard to believe he had no culpability. His reaction to sending Molly home (far worse than was shown) can only mean one of 2 things to me........he knew the plot and was sticking to it, or he genuinely made a mistake. The former makes sense to me and is easier to believe than the latter, as anyone who had THAT much feeling for someone, would not logically be proposing to someone else hours later. Of course, men are not the brightest bulbs in the packs when it comes to women, so ANYTHING is possible.

Funny but so true Kresge.

FORT Fan

brilliant post cheekychook. i have a very strong feeling this is pretty close to what REALLY happened.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3372681;
    I have no idea what transpires to get him from Point A of sobbing over sending Molly home to Point B of proposing to Melissa and jumping in the pool. I can’t really fathom the kind of magic that must have been worked on set that day.
    Awesome, AWESOME post...just wanted to comment on your thought...
    What if production or proposal was in a different order than shown? Is it possible that since TPTB knew the moral crisis and/or heartbreak he was facing, they decided to have him propose to Mel first, then, CUT...film him with Molly the next day?
    ...The Heart wants what the Heart wants...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3372973;
    You know what? If that was it, and that is actually what he thinks, then he just needs to admit it and cut out all of this other garbage.
    It still in no way explains Molly, but it would be better than the rest of this song and dance he's been giving which makes no sense.
    How can you be so in love that you propose only to fall completely out out of love in 2 or 3 weeks?
    How can you be so in love that you propose while at the same time you are crying your guts out over the one you let go?

Enough already with the lies. Let's hear the truth, and even if Jason says that he went along with the storyline, I would respect that more than all of this other folderol we have been getting.

I wouldn't. We don't need to hear everything that's wrong with Melissa. Just say the relationship didn't work. I"m not so convinced about Jason's maturity...

People are more criticizing the dumping than the flipflopping. And Jason continually saying Melissa's the "ultimate wife" suggests that Melissa really would be great with kids/a good mother.

Cheeky=I think the only thing we were shown that DID NOT indicate that Jason wanted Molly all along was the fact that he proposed to Melissa. For the entire rest of the show I think it was actually Molly who he wanted. From the meet and greet, where he couldn’t take his eyes off hers and had a nervous goofiness to his manner as he faux golf swung at her demand, on I think he was taken with her. I don’t think there was a slow build with Molly (there was with her edit, a la Jesse’s edit, but in real life I don’t think it was slow at all). I think he was intrigued from that first moment. He liked it when she “went after what she wanted” by interrupting his dance with Raquel. He was captivated by her announcement that “kissing” was her talent. He could have chosen any of the songs so why pick Molly’s? Because it was the best song? No, it’s because that was the date where he knew he’d get to spend real, cozy-home one-on-one time with the girl, with the potential of an overnight if the evening went well. No other one-on-one dates would leave such an easy opportunity for an overnight, so he chose the girl he wanted to spend the most time with---Molly.
    I disagree, I never saw anything that indicated he wanted Molly all along. I saw it with Melissa. I believe it was always Melissa, something happen after the show was done taping, and he just decided he wanted to try Molly now. If Jason was so head over heels with Molly, he couldn't have hidden it. The way he was with Molly was the way he was with the other ladies. Just like someone else on here had said, you wouldn't know he was interested in Molly, except for him telling you because he didn't show it. Chris has even spoken about the love between Jason and Molly that was seen by him and the crew, and that all this has him baffled because they were doing so good. I don't care how much Jason is claiming he loves Molly and he couldn't stop thinking about her, I know what I saw and will stick with it, I've been right with all the others. Not saying I can't ever be wrong, but I've been right on.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3372086;
    You would think, though, that he would question why he should choose Melissa at all. Why not reject her at the FRC - she still would have the popularity and could become the bachelorette. That's the only part of the "plan" that doesn't ring true to me. Anyone with a heart couldn't do it, and everyone has said that Jason is a terrible actor. He seemed pretty sincere at the FRC. I guess the producers could have told him that Melissa was part of the plan? Just doesn't make any sense at all.

I did wonder about the immediate change in Jason, though. You could almost see it after the proposal - he looked very uncomfortable.
    I believe what RS said about the Matt/Shayne season comes into play here. RS said Shayne was, (I forget his exact wording), but more or less a "safe" F2that he could choose if he didn't fall in love. Except that Mel DID fall in love with Jason, and he freaked out at her and decided to end it immediately, thereby forcing an early taping where things had so much time to leak out...
    Of courset TPTB are mad at Jason; if he would have waited like other couples to announce a break up ATFR, none of this would've happened, and none of their or the shows credibility would be further ruined.
    I'm not saying it's right or that I agree, just that RS makes sense to me.
    ...The Heart wants what the Heart wants...

Originally Posted by spunk
    When in the history of this show has any Bach/lette been able to go out and announce that he/she is inlove and engaged to be married. Never!
    Not only Andy, Andrew Firestone said he was in love and engaged, Byron and Lorenzo annouced they were in love.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3373192;
    Not only Andy, Andrew Firestone said he was in love and engaged, Byron and Lorenzo annouced they were in love.
    Lorenzo ~ his lasted about 5 minutes! Like Jason, he showed more emotion letting his F2 go than he did proposing to his F1.
    F3 becomes F1, but not F2.....oh well, he tried.