Thread: Atfr2

Re: Atfr2

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3372757;
    cheekychook, I really like your analysis. But I think it pins too much of the blame on Fleiss and not enough on the perpetrator, who is Jason. As he said himself in the first episode, he was in the driver's seat. And he drove straight over a cliff.
    I didn't mean to imply that Jason is blameless, as I do not think he is, at all! As for Jason being in the driver's seat, though, I think that was either an illusion in his own mind or a producer driven fantasy that he agreed to believe in order to feel like he had some control. In either case, yes, the imaginary vehicle he was steering went straight off a cliff.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Regular

cheekychook...whoever you are, I hope some of your time is spent teaching or writing a novel.
    That post was amazing...
    Thank you for sharing your interpretation of all that transpired in the show.
    I personally agree with your view of things.
    But even if I didn't, I'd be hard put to refute anything you just wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBrown;3372708;
    I still think "divorced parent" gives a truer picture. Then that leads one to the next question of custodity and / or is the other parent in the picture. To me "single parent" implies that one has never been married.
    I am divorced--no kids. When people ask me if I am single, I say yes. Do I need to say, "I am a single divorcee."?

I guess I am weirder than I thought. I clean my fingers with Q-tips, I put on make-up before I do my hair, I curl my hair only to put it back, and now I call myself single when I am really divorced. Someone get me a padded cell.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3372828;
    I am divorced--no kids. When people ask me if I am single, I say yes. Do I need to say, "I am a single divorcee."?

I guess I am weirder than I thought. I clean my fingers with Q-tips, I put on make-up before I do my hair, I curl my hair only to put it back, and now I call myself single when I am really divorced. Someone get me a padded cell.
    Forget the padded cell!
    How about an application for Bachelorette 6??
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3372845;
    Forget the padded cell!
    How about an application for Bachelorette 6??
    You owe me a new computer.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

cheekychook

Great post. I can ALMOST see it happening that way. But I still think Jason is a jerk. If he was THAT torn up about letting Molly go, then he should have known better than to go ahead and propose to Mel. He should have got the limo driver to turn around and bring her back. All he did was compound the problem and hurt ANOTHER person. This is a grown man after all, not a lovestruck teen.

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3372828;

Well shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3372681;
    I'm not sure what thread this should go in---mods, please feel free to move it elsewhere if necessary.

I realize that I havenít posted hardly at all this season, but I have some final thoughts that I would like to express.

....clipped for space...
    Thanks for taking the time to think that through (and type it out!). I bet your version is pretty darn close to the truth. I hadn't noticed the mirroring aspects of Jason's interactions, but now that you have pointed them out, they're quite obvious. A lot of posters have said Jason was "moldable." You really laid out a good case for how that could have been put into practice. It's very easy to visualize the "story line" being put into place using your theory as the basis. Thanks, again. Fascinating, fascinating scenario.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Frak;3372736;
    Who knows why he did that. He was probably still scared at that point.As for the last question...depends on who you ask. Not everyone saw him being so happy.
    Scared of what?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Frak;3372736;
    Who knows why he did that. He was probably still scared at that point.

As for the last question...depends on who you ask. Not everyone saw him being so happy.
    So why did he do it then? We are going around in circles. People are saying Jason was not happy proposing, but nobody including him seems to be able to answer why he did it then.

Hmmm......

Doesn't this seem curious?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?