Thread: Atfr2

Re: Atfr2

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3372628;
    I have to disagree with you on this one. Single parent implies that there is only one parent in the picture, and that is not the case with Jason or any of the millions of parents who are co-parenting with joint custody.

My son had custody of his son and adopted a little girl. Yes, he has us (the family) as a support system, but he was a true single parent.
    Jason is a single parent. All that it means is that he's a man who has a child and does not live with the child's mother. You can then add words to change the meaning like custodial single father, widowed single father, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3372622;
    I have yet to figure out what the big deal here is. I know that sometimes logic can blow you out of the saddle, but he is a dad. Since he is no longer married, he is single; therefore, logically he is a single dad.

I agree, though, that the producers decide the original spin, and that is the way it is going to be.
    Single Parent An individual who is unmarried or legally separated for a spouse, and has a minor child or children for which the parent has with custody or joint custody.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3372665;
    I always thought if you aren't married, you are single.

Where I live, in many circles they are kindly called "singles again".

Listen! I have not let Jason off the hook at all for not following his contract and waiting until after the FRC to announce his break-up before pursuing Molly. I think he caused a huge stink and controvery. He has wrecked his good name, he destroyed the privacy of his ex who never signed up for this, he caused overall havoc, and he ruined my show. He has been overall selfish and self-absorbed in going after what Jason wants.

BUT....I don't begrudge him the title of single dad. He is single and he is a dad. He also is in the doghouse right now.

ITA. I will absolutely give him the single dad thing. But I won't let him hide behind it to excuse his actions.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mommyluvsnoah;3372667;
    Just out of curiousity I googled single parent and this is the definition by Wikipedia:

It goes on to say . . ..

Single parent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I still think "divorced parent" gives a truer picture. Then that leads one to the next question of custodity and / or is the other parent in the picture. To me "single parent" implies that one has never been married.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Frak;3372716;
    Wow...well, when you put it like that! I completely buy this. What an incredibly well thought out post. And yes, I read every word of it Good stuff.
    Wow!

What I don't get is this: when Jason sees the hurt and anguish in Molly's eyes, when she keeps telling him he is making a mistake, why doesn't he stop right there? At that point she was sending him clear signals. He definitely had the leeway to stop and change his mind at that point.

And how did he seem so happy proposing to Mel?

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3372730;
    Wow!

What I don't get is this: when Jason sees the hurt and anguish in Molly's eyes, when she keeps telling him he is making a mistake, why doesn't he stop right there? At that point she was sending him clear signals. He definitely had the leeway to stop and change his mind at that point.

And how did he seem so happy proposing to Mel?
    Who knows why he did that. He was probably still scared at that point.

As for the last question...depends on who you ask. Not everyone saw him being so happy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Frak;3372736;
    Who knows why he did that. He was probably still scared at that point.

As for the last question...depends on who you ask. Not everyone saw him being so happy.
    Why still scared? What did the girl have to do to prove herself? She told him she loved him.....the whole deal. It doesn't make sense.

And if he wasn't happy proposing to Mel then he shouldn't have done it. The guy has issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3372738;
    Why still scared? What did the girl have to do to prove herself? She told him she loved him.....the whole deal. It doesn't make sense.

And if he wasn't happy proposing to Mel then he shouldn't have done it. The guy has issues.
    I would never claim any different

FORT Fogey

cheekychook, I really like your analysis. But I think it pins too much of the blame on Fleiss and not enough on the perpetrator, who is Jason. As he said himself in the first episode, he was in the driver's seat. And he drove straight over a cliff.

Please stop quoting long posts only to add a sentence about them. Just refer to the post number, or poster and then add your thoughts. Thanks.