Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 71

Thread: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    876

    Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Can someone refresh my memory? When did the first preview come out showing the proposal? Was is before the season 1st episode aired?

  2. #2
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Yes. If you pull up the screencap thread you should see the date of the first preview... and I believe the ring on finger picture was in that very first one.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    876

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3342158;
    Yes. If you pull up the screencap thread you should see the date of the first preview... and I believe the ring on finger picture was in that very first one.
    Good idea. Thanks Broadway. The SCs were posted January 4th. They seem way too obvious not to have been planned carefully to give the viewer the certitude of whom the F1 was.

    Knowing surely took our attention away from the other girls (e.g. Molly) for sure.

    I would say the date of the SCs definitely support RS theory that by the beginning of January, the producers already knew that they had another "love story" to tell (Jason&Molly), which means those 2 must have worked things out during December?

    Now I read somewhere Melissa and Jason spent a week together (around Christmas?) am I wrong?
    Last edited by boomer_lady; 02-23-2009 at 11:00 AM.

  4. #4
    ... Ryvetted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3342156;
    Can someone refresh my memory? When did the first preview come out showing the proposal? Was is before the season 1st episode aired?
    Yes, it was January 4th, during "Sleepless in Seattle".

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey MamaAmyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    800

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3342169;
    Yes, it was January 4th, during "Sleepless in Seattle".
    wait, ABC aired a showing of the movie "Sleepless in Seattle" on 1/4?

    just want to make sure i understand you right, i didn't pay attention that far back

  6. #6
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On the high seas
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    In the movie Sleepless in Seattle, Annie became engaged to Walter but then broke it off to be with Sam....

    Because it was "magic".

    Walter was the respectable, boring one, Sam was THE soul mate.

    Hey, and we never did get to see what happened to Sam and Annie after they met and "knew" it was magic... they just simply walked to the elevator and we were left to figure out the "happily ever after". No ATFR for that one.
    Last edited by CoolCruiser; 02-23-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,051

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCruiser;3342181;
    In the movie Sleepless in Seattle, Annie became engaged to Walter but then broke it off to be with Sam....

    Because it was "magic".

    Walter was the respectable, boring one, Sam was THE soul mate.

    Hey, and we never did get to see what happened to Sam and Annie after they met and "knew" it was magic... they just simply walked to the elevator and we were left to figure out the "happily ever after". No ATFR for that one.
    I didn't see this movie. Who is supposed to be Walter, the respectable, boring one and who is Sam? Who is he ultimately according to this movie supposed to end up with?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3342165;
    Good idea. Thanks Broadway. The SCs were posted January 4th. They seem way too obvious not to have been planned carefully to give the viewer the certitude of whom the F1 was.

    Knowing surely took our attention away from the other girls (e.g. Molly) for sure.
    I would say the date of the SCs definitely support RS theory that by the beginning of January, the producers already knew that they had another "love story" to tell (Jason&Molly), which means those 2 must have worked things out during December?

    Now I read somewhere Melissa and Jason spent a week together (around Christmas?) am I wrong?
    GREAT SUMMARY..I think that is one of the keys to this wacky edited season. There is a reason Fleiss gave that to us sooo easily. Our minds knew the end so we only WATCHED Melissa & Jason hoping to see the "love story" we always wanted. We never saw Molly & Jason our mind was already keyed into watching Melissa. Guess we need to go back and re-watch so we can see the Molly story

  9. #9
    George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Great Texas-Home of George Baby
    Age
    46
    Posts
    892

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3342205;
    I didn't see this movie. Who is supposed to be Walter, the respectable, boring one and who is Sam? Who is he ultimately according to this movie supposed to end up with?
    Well, if I were to say, Walter (played by Bill Pullman) is the respectable, boring one that is great on paper, he is perfect for Annie. However, they lack the passion/chemistry. I would correlate this to Molly. At least the edited version of Molly. Sam (played by Tom Hanks) is the widowed dad who has the "magic" that Annie is looking for. It's like an instant attraction. They never actually meet, but Sam see her in the airport and he's drawn to her. He then sees her again when she is trying to meet him in Seattle. They see each other across the street, say Hello, a truck almost hits her and draws them out of their daze. Then at the end, the meet on top the empire state building. To me, the "magic", spark/passion/chemistry would fit Melissa in her edit.

    JMO of course though.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On the high seas
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    I think it is rather interesting that in the previews for the WTA, the first thing they say about Jason is that he will reveal what actually happened in the tent with Molly!!!

    WHY is this the first thing they mention he will talk about on the WTA?
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.