Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

FORT Regular

Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

If Melissa was an innocent bystander was it real that her parents were against the "publicness" of everything ? Or were they trying to protect her from this farce?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3355224;
    If Melissa was an innocent bystander was it real that her parents were against the "publicness" of everything ? Or were they trying to protect her from this farce?
    I would not be willing to go on The Bachelor with one of my girls.

I can see if her parents watched the show in the past, they would refrain from becoming part of the edit like Bettina's family or Lanny's or Ian's brother or others too many to name.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;3342712;
    I thought the preview we all saw was earlier than January 4... Because we had it ALL figured out by the time we saw the show on January 5. If you look at the posts, it's a done deal by the first night (from a sluething perspective). I stand by my own theory that sometime shortly before that preview aired is when Jason had the change of heart. In hindsight, I DO believe that Sleepless in Seattle was set to air and knowing the "twist" that was coming, was very telling to show that movie.

I still don't believe that Jason was in on some scam from October on... I think the poop hit the fan in late december and Jason wanted to break up with Melissa but was under contract to "stay in the relationship" until the finale aired. I believe Jason hounded them because he wanted to be with Molly and so they had the AFRC Jan 18 to free up Jason to see Molly guilt free. Did Jason see Molly before jan 18? Probably... I wouldn't be surprised if he had his change of heart within 48 of the taping on Nov 22.. and Fleiss allowed him to see both girls, knowing this could potentially make bachelor history. After the fiasco with Alex in season one (Calling Trista the same night as the FRC), there was in the contract a clause that the bachelor could NOT see the F2 person until the AFRC... Maybe that was in the contract and jason was hounding them to allow him to see Molly.. I don't know, but I don't buy that Jason was in on some conspiracy from Oct on....
    This conspiracy theory, I believe, is bull! As regards the socalled 'edit', the participants set themselves up unwittingly for behaving the way they did. The show's editor work with what they have and, without doubt, because they, like us, are 'opinionated' people shape things according to their biases and predisposition. It is true, there is the question and concern of contractual obligation, but I am sure film editors try to walk the line that falls within the purview of what is still legally viable. Megan complained about being bleeped too much ... but the other women did notice her 'potty' language. And Natalie said she got judged harshly and unfairly but her 'language' and behavior in the WTA interview simply validated the ugly impression.

I believe Jason miscalculated his emotions, the situations, etc ... (not a farfetched conclusion considering the emotional fatigue he was under) in his desire to have a great 'finish' _ not wanting to duplicate the blunders his predecessors made but in so doing unwittingly committed the most hated outcome. Why would someone who tried hard to be sensitive, likable, and gracious in early stages deliberately set himself up for ridicule and unpalatable controversy? It does not make sense considering his behavior prior this episode. Why would he do that? Money? Geez, I doubt he was that desperate, he would sell his soul to the devil. Chris is right _ what happened had nothing to do with the producers' evil plots ... the outcome was the by-product of human frailties and vulnerabilities at work or in action.

Then my question would be: How did Melissa's parent know of the "farce," but not Melissa? ETA: Why didn't Melissa "already know" that her family would NOT participate due to the "publicness" of everything? From what I've read, Naomi said that Melissa was really, really upset when she found out that they would not participate. My question to this has always been....why didn't she know how her parents would react???
    Last edited by MissThing; 03-06-2009 at 04:14 PM.

The theme for Jason's Show is "Sleepless in Seattle." So I'm guessing that there should be some sort of correlation between the "Movie" and the "Show." This to me would be easiest way to determine if the Show was scripted from the beginning. I can't remember the details of "Sleepless in Seattle-the movie. In the movie, is there some sort of confusion with the main character and his/her choices. Did they choose one and then changed their mind and chose the other person? Are there many similiarities between the Movie and the Show???

Today I'm convinced that by showing Melissa F1 through the SCs from Day1, abc wanted a maximum of viewers rooting for her at the END Part1/2. No script. No blackmailing Jason to pick Melissa if he wanted Molly. It's all of Jason's doing. The guy is a major flake (or so it seems) and easily manipulated. Abc used Jason's change of mind to build a new story but they surely don't seem to have any respect and love for him (e.g. his edit was not very good, all that kissing and lack of conversation). In the end it is a sad season witch leaves me with a sour taste.
    Last edited by boomer_lady; 03-03-2009 at 03:34 PM.

FORT Fogey

My feeling is that this whole season was not planned. I am sure Melissa was a producer favourite from the begining since she had all the physical qualities Jason admired in women. His ex and Deanna. That the producers encouraged them to spend much time together. I remember Megan saying you could not just go to the bachelor and speak to him. There were handlers. Everything went as planned. Not literally scripted but according to the flow arranged by the producers. I am sure Jason begun to have feelings for Molly but was encouraged toward Melissa by his handlers. I remember there was something about Deanna being encouraged to choose Jesse. Anyways. After the FRC they get to real life and things do not work out pretty quickly. Jason and Mel had a strong physical chemistry but once that is satisfied, usually there is not much else that remains. Over the holiday period he must have realised there was no way he could spend a month let alone a life time with Mel. It is posible he could pretend for 3 months and break it off but he was thinking about Molly. He was really in love with Molly. Waiting 3 months for Molly might be too late. CH said when he came back from the holidays he heard Jason and Mel were finished. Meaning, it happened before the end of the holidays at it is likely to pass through others before CH gets to hear about it. And he was away.

Now, this all happened before the season started airing. Fleiss grew brains and it was decided to change the end by adding the separation, with Jason and Molly coming together. someone may have tentetively tried to find out if Molly was open without letting her know to get a real reaction from her when Jason told her. Now, they have their outcome, the put out the ring with freckles and PDG and all to mislead us. On one hand the editing is finished but I am sure they tweaked it a little to give Molly an F1 and Melssa and F2 edit. Because, everything on the show pointed to Melissa as F2 which clashed with the freckles proposal shot.

The F2 is always over exposed and the F1 is hidden, the F2 gets the physical chemstry edit, and so forth. Though it was not scripted,it was not a blunder, because it just confounded people and was meant to make the season more interesting. Without the distraction of the freckles and pinky we would have put Mel as F2. The freckles and pinky were releazed earlier to confound us. Even with it, the discrepancies in the edit were clear to show something was up.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=2observe;3355757;]
    If Melissa was an innocent bystander was it real that her parents were against the "publicness" of everything ? Or were they trying to protect her from this farce?[/QUOTE]

Then my question would be: How did Melissa's parent know of the "farce," but not Melissa? ETA: Why didn't Melissa "already know" that her family would NOT participate due to the "publicness" of everything? From what I've read, Naomi said that Melissa was really, really upset when she found out that they would not participate. My question to this has always been....why didn't she know how her parents would react???
    some people never learn, through DCC where her parents never came to watch her etc. And who knows what else, maybe, she told her parents she was coming on the Bachelor. They may have been against it but she came anyway. Then she expected them to be glad because she was really ahead and may even be the F1. But, her parents were not buying into it. WHY, many they have had experience of other such antics with Mel. We do not know but i feel there is something major here. Jason is being good by not saying what really made him change his mind about Mel, but I am sure sure he is taking care of Mel by not releasing it. It is also posible she still does not have a clue as to why her parents never came to a game or Jason dropped her.

FORT Regular

[QUOTE=Living;3372187;]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3355757;

some people never learn, through DCC where her parents never came to watch her etc. And who knows what else, maybe, she told her parents she was coming on the Bachelor. They may have been against it but she came anyway. Then she expected them to be glad because she was really ahead and may even be the F1. But, her parents were not buying into it. WHY, many they have had experience of other such antics with Mel. We do not know but i feel there is something major here. Jason is being good by not saying what really made him change his mind about Mel, but I am sure sure he is taking care of Mel by not releasing it. It is also posible she still does not have a clue as to why her parents never came to a game or Jason dropped her.
    I agree, what good does it do to come out and end it with someone and then start listing the qualities or things you don't like about them that makes you not like them. Basically, Jason was "just not into" Mel as they say. It happens to good people all the time.

There's a reason Melissa has had a string of bad relationships and continues to pick the wrong people. I think she's probably a really nice person but has some soul searching to do. I bet this show will actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise once the dust settles.

FORT Fogey

We don't have any reason to believe that Melissa had some fatal flaw that caused Jason to sour on her. He was obviously just confused. Maybe they were wrong for each other; but that does not mean there was anything wrong with Melissa. These are baseless speculations. She has a very good reputation among those who know her and has handled herself well.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast