Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

  1. #51
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3351666;
    Yes Melissa got the Jason edit (the is she / he nuts for letting this one get away?) and Molly got the Jesse edit (more subtle)
    If that's true -- and I agree that it could be -- I think they're going to have to rethink how "subtle" you can be and still have the majority of viewers feel satisfied with the ending. ...

    In a really good mystery, the solution doesn't feel like it hits you totally out of the blue with something that still seems outlandish. When you see the solution, you say, Oh -- Yeah, I really should have seen those signs there all along! And while a few people have said that about having Jesse and Molly as F1s, my sense is that the vast majority are saying, WTF????


    Doesn't make for great drama when it doesn't all click together at the end. The directors need some more education, I think.

  2. #52
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3349664;
    RS is annoying. He keeps saying the same things over and over BUT what really matters (at least to me) and what he should be accountable for is the statement he originally made about all being fake and planned.
    Hasn't he always said that that was just pure speculation on his part, though?

    Seems to me that, as a person who's been watching "reality" tv a lot, and seeing some of its calculation and even its brutality, he just concluded -- based on the distrust of reality-tv producers he's developed over the years -- that it was a good possibility that the producers had predetermined this ending, perhaps because it was an ending that they'd never had before. The pattern of reality tv is that they *do* want variation in their endings -- and we do have things like Jeremy, for example, saying something about how he didn't want to be the Bachelor because they wanted him to play it in ways he wasn't happy with, and so on. ... A lot of the other possible -- "I can't decide," "maybe I'm making a mistake" endings have already been done -- with Charlie and Brad, for example -- so, depending on just *how* manipulative you figure Fleiss and company are willing to be, I don't think it's beyond the pale to speculate that they might have hit upon the 'plan it from the beginning' scenario ...

    I kind of doubt that they did do that in this case, but I can see why somebody might speculate that they did, and I don't remember RS ever saying that this part of his idea was anything *but* speculation and theory. Has he?

  3. #53
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    876

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;3352832;
    Hasn't he always said that that was just pure speculation on his part, though?

    Seems to me that, as a person who's been watching "reality" tv a lot, and seeing some of its calculation and even its brutality, he just concluded -- based on the distrust of reality-tv producers he's developed over the years -- that it was a good possibility that the producers had predetermined this ending, perhaps because it was an ending that they'd never had before. The pattern of reality tv is that they *do* want variation in their endings -- and we do have things like Jeremy, for example, saying something about how he didn't want to be the Bachelor because they wanted him to play it in ways he wasn't happy with, and so on. ... A lot of the other possible -- "I can't decide," "maybe I'm making a mistake" endings have already been done -- with Charlie and Brad, for example -- so, depending on just *how* manipulative you figure Fleiss and company are willing to be, I don't think it's beyond the pale to speculate that they might have hit upon the 'plan it from the beginning' scenario ...

    I kind of doubt that they did do that in this case, but I can see why somebody might speculate that they did, and I don't remember RS ever saying that this part of his idea was anything *but* speculation and theory. Has he?
    Is it speculation when ones says "I was led to believe blablabla? --- Don't know. You probably right though. But in the end if it happens to be true, RS will be the first one to tell us "I told you so"

  4. #54
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    The reporter (Lisa - Dish) on Access Hollywood's site says the same as RS and that she was told it was planned from early on. All I know is that Monday can't come soon enough. Hopefully we'll find out SOME day whether it was definitely planned or MF just blundered into an exceptionally intriguing ending.

  5. #55
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    876

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3353192;
    The reporter (Lisa - Dish) on Access Hollywood's site says the same as RS and that she was told it was planned from early on. All I know is that Monday can't come soon enough. Hopefully we'll find out SOME day whether it was definitely planned or MF just blundered into an exceptionally intriguing ending.
    I like her style better than RS. She tells it like it is. I quote "Here's what I know. On February 3, I got a text from my friend/source telling me their was a huge shakeup going down on "The Bachelor." The proposal, the "After The Final Rose" taping, then leaving with Molly and the producers having a hand in the story. I believe the exact words were, "Jason went along for the ride hook, line and sinker... at the expense of Melissa." (source : accesshollywood .com)

  6. #56
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    876

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    It seems it's getting harder to believe that this season was NOT scripted. In that same article from Laura Saltman ( accesshollywood. com) she writes:
    quote:
    "I wasn't 100 percent convinced but based on the fact that this same source told me, before the show even started airing, that he chooses Melissa - I was pretty sure it was the truth. The proof they told me would be in the previews when they showed Jason propose. Melissa would be wearing a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader pinky ring. Well, week one, there it was at the end of the show in a preview of the entire season. At the time this person knew Jason picked Melissa, Jason and she were still together." End of quote

    At this point I have to assume that it was scripted and that abc did indeed tell Jason "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa first".

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey Minney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,443

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3355066;
    It seems it's getting harder to believe that this season was NOT scripted. In that same article from Laura Saltman ( accesshollywood. com) she writes:
    quote:
    "I wasn't 100 percent convinced but based on the fact that this same source told me, before the show even started airing, that he chooses Melissa - I was pretty sure it was the truth. The proof they told me would be in the previews when they showed Jason propose. Melissa would be wearing a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader pinky ring. Well, week one, there it was at the end of the show in a preview of the entire season. At the time this person knew Jason picked Melissa, Jason and she were still together." End of quote

    At this point I have to assume that it was scripted and that abc did indeed tell Jason "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa first".
    Do they think that Mel was in on it too or an innocent bystander?

  8. #58
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    I believe 110% that if the rumors are true, this was in no way planned out from the beginning. As Jason said on the View, he would absolutely not be a part of that.

  9. #59
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    876

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3355082;
    Do they think that Mel was in on it too or an innocent bystander?
    QUOTE___> I spoke to my source last week who revealed that apparently Jason had been seeing Molly behind Melissa's back the whole time and that ABC is going to play it off like he had a "change of heart" to the fans and the media. In a series of e-mails the source obtained (which have also made their way onto the internet), Jason apologizes to Melissa for hurting her. My source has spoken to Melissa to try to get a sense of how she is holding up but she would not reveal anything. END QUOTE

    Hopefully it's ok with the mods if I post the direct link (I truly don't know which links are ever ok and which ones are not) What I Know About 'The Bachelor' Scandal - Access Hollywood

  10. #60
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    66

    Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3355082;
    Do they think that Mel was in on it too or an innocent bystander?

    Time may tell. In the future if she is in anyway associated with Fleiss, I would assume she was involved. If she quietly goes on and lives her life I'd say she really did get her heart broken, and is an innocent bystander.

    Oh wait, you meant Access Hollywood! duh.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.