Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

Also, the spoiler of "purple dress girl" screen caps were up HERE on January 1, 2009, so I am pretty sure we had Molly pegged before January 4. I believe firmly that Jason decided to break up with Mel PRIOR to Dec 29, so I know TPTB had enough time to do their "spin" and decide the direction of this show.

Now what I haven't figured out, is why Molly didn't get a better edit... Her edit was fine, but not fantastic... For example, why show her "stealing" jason for 1/1 time when she already had a rose... why show that?

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3342797;
    Funny, I assumed network was too darn cheap to give away a trip for 2 to New Zealand WITH airfare plus enough nights to warrant such a long trip, and it was a stupid, pointless prize to give it away WITHOUT airfare and enough nights to warrant a JOURNEY (drink) of that length.

Or that Kauri Cliffs and Matakauri -- the only two places worth staying at -- weren't interested in donating the prize of an extended stay? But you could be right as well.

Plus, think of the tax consequences of such a valuable prize.
    I did think of the taxes and the greater expense of the grand prize, but still couldn't wrap my brain around why not make the grand prize on a lesser scale/a more affordable location or even just prize out the goody bags weekly as in the past?
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3342811;
    I did think of the taxes and the greater expense of the grand prize, but still couldn't wrap my brain around why not make the grand prize on a lesser scale/a more affordable location or even just prize out the goody bags weekly as in the past?
    I remember in Baldwin's season the Grand Prize was a trip to Tahoe, where some of the bachelorettes went when down to the F9, instead of Hawaii where the FRC was held. They could have arranged a Grand Prize trip to Las Vegas (Natalie's date) for this show instead.

Yes, the rose game not being up was the first red flag to me.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;3342807;
    Also, the spoiler of "purple dress girl" screen caps were up HERE on January 1, 2009, so I am pretty sure we had Molly pegged before January 4. I believe firmly that Jason decided to break up with Mel PRIOR to Dec 29, so I know TPTB had enough time to do their "spin" and decide the direction of this show.

Now what I haven't figured out, is why Molly didn't get a better edit... Her edit was fine, but not fantastic... For example, why show her "stealing" jason for 1/1 time when she already had a rose... why show that?
    I think this bothers me as well...TPTB knew that this was going to flip.,..okay I will give Fleiss his big flip...then why not choose NOONE at the FRC...and why not allow us to like both of the girls ...instead they served us Melissa and all her cuteness on a platter and left molly on the burner...they did not show us anything even remotly likeable (IMHO ) about this girl...her "cat that ate the canary grin" her cold aloofness with the others...her self-assuradness that came close to be being "snarky"...why do that knowing that she will be chosen in the end...after the end...well you know what I mean

FORT Fogey

This is the screencap that is the money shot for this show...

"THE FLIP FLOP REVEALED"

Melissa is F1 but it flips to Molly as F1

Water is in correct position in both shots.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3342860;
    I think this bothers me as well...TPTB knew that this was going to flip.,..okay I will give Fleiss his big flip...then why not choose NOONE at the FRC...and why not allow us to like both of the girls ...instead they served us Melissa and all her cuteness on a platter and left molly on the burner...they did not show us anything even remotly likeable (IMHO ) about this girl...her "cat that ate the canary grin" her cold aloofness with the others...her self-assuradness that came close to be being "snarky"...why do that knowing that she will be chosen in the end...after the end...well you know what I mean
    I think they knew this would make the flip-flop even more shocking. They don't care if viewers are angry, they care if people are talking to their friends about the show. Word of mouth is the best advertising, which is why ratings are up this season. Most people who fell in love with Jason and were SO SHOCKED he wasn't chosen last season told their friends all about it. Now those same people are going to be shocked at this ending, and they'll go to work and rant about it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3342860;
    I think this bothers me as well...TPTB knew that this was going to flip.,..okay I will give Fleiss his big flip...then why not choose NOONE at the FRC...and why not allow us to like both of the girls ...instead they served us Melissa and all her cuteness on a platter and left molly on the burner...they did not show us anything even remotly likeable (IMHO ) about this girl...her "that came close to be being "snarky".cat that ate the canary grin" her cold aloofness with the others...her self-assuradness ..why do that knowing that she will be chosen in the end...after the end...well you know what I mean
    I agree of you assesment of Molly. She has always been smug about things. I have the feeling that is how she will be at the AFRC.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;3342807;

Foreshadowing, if it is all true? If you see something you want, with confidence go after it and get it. That was a distinct part of her edit.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

I still think it's possible that the flip-flop is temporary. Maybe Molly keeps going after Jason after the FRC, and TPTB facilitates it. If he and Melissa are not given much time together and Molly is available and heartbroken, he could get confused. Molly's appearance may be intended to pressure Melissa to commit more fully? Not a very good strategy IMO......but definitely an evil Fleissian one.

FORT Fanatic

I guess I am all by myself but I absolutely am a MOLLY fan. I have liked her since day one and I could see something
    between her and Jason. It was subtle, not as so over the top as with Melissa. I'm pulling for Molly and Jason.
    Like I said, I guess I am all alone with my decision.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast