Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

FORT Fogey

Re: Obvious F1 from Day1 (per preview) - Blunder or Planned?

Quote Originally Posted by mommadeb;3342612;
    Well, if I were to say, Walter (played by Bill Pullman) is the respectable, boring one that is great on paper, he is perfect for Annie. However, they lack the passion/chemistry. I would correlate this to Molly. At least the edited version of Molly. Sam (played by Tom Hanks) is the widowed dad who has the "magic" that Annie is looking for. It's like an instant attraction. They never actually meet, but Sam see her in the airport and he's drawn to her. He then sees her again when she is trying to meet him in Seattle. They see each other across the street, say Hello, a truck almost hits her and draws them out of their daze. Then at the end, the meet on top the empire state building. To me, the "magic", spark/passion/chemistry would fit Melissa in her edit.

JMO of course though.

I totally agree. Because I knew from the beginning that Molly was in the F2, I was definitely watching for a love story there too. Nothing. Yes, they showed a "connection" and an overnight date. But it all just felt kind of flat.

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3342652;
    I totally agree. Because I knew from the beginning that Molly was in the F2, I was definitely watching for a love story there too. Nothing. Yes, they showed a "connection" and an overnight date. But it all just felt kind of flat.
    I totally agree there. I tried to get a connection with the others beause I didn't come and see who was supposed to win until after the 2nd epi. I wanted to try and find my favorite first and then see who was supposed to make it. It actually happened this season where my favorite was the one picked to win and I was soo happy. But now everything that is going on, I have looked back to try and see something I had missed, but there is nothing, nada, zippo to see.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

I know it doesn't fit the story line, but I think the boring "Walter" = the equally boring "Jason"!

When do we normally get the Rose Game?

I think the Rose GAme should have been up before the show for people to sign up and do their picks. The big red flag of no Rose Game slipped right past me.

I don't think the hand was a slip up. I think the Rose Game was skipped because this time, there wouldn't be a real winner and why complicate things with that game.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I thought the preview we all saw was earlier than January 4... Because we had it ALL figured out by the time we saw the show on January 5. If you look at the posts, it's a done deal by the first night (from a sluething perspective). I stand by my own theory that sometime shortly before that preview aired is when Jason had the change of heart. In hindsight, I DO believe that Sleepless in Seattle was set to air and knowing the "twist" that was coming, was very telling to show that movie.

I still don't believe that Jason was in on some scam from October on... I think the poop hit the fan in late december and Jason wanted to break up with Melissa but was under contract to "stay in the relationship" until the finale aired. I believe Jason hounded them because he wanted to be with Molly and so they had the AFRC Jan 18 to free up Jason to see Molly guilt free. Did Jason see Molly before jan 18? Probably... I wouldn't be surprised if he had his change of heart within 48 of the taping on Nov 22.. and Fleiss allowed him to see both girls, knowing this could potentially make bachelor history. After the fiasco with Alex in season one (Calling Trista the same night as the FRC), there was in the contract a clause that the bachelor could NOT see the F2 person until the AFRC... Maybe that was in the contract and jason was hounding them to allow him to see Molly.. I don't know, but I don't buy that Jason was in on some conspiracy from Oct on....

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;3342693;

I think the Rose GAme should have been up before the show for people to sign up and do their picks. The big red flag of no Rose Game slipped right past me.

I don't think the hand was a slip up. I think the Rose Game was skipped because this time, there wouldn't be a real winner and why complicate things with that game.
    Normally the game is up the weekend before the first show (usually Thursday).. it has been known to start the DAY of the first show and it has also been known to start AFTER the first show. It was a HOT topic of discussion of WHY there was no rose game, and I feel very confident that the producers knew it would be mute, because Jason was dumping Mel for Molly... I am 100% sure they knew what was coming when that preview aired during sleepless in seattle. That is the reason there was no rose game.

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;3342693;

How can that be, if supposedly all this took place after January 4? At least that's my understanding of the timing of the whole series of 'shocking' events.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3342762;
    How can that be, if supposedly all this took place after January 4? At least that's my understanding of the timing of the whole series of 'shocking' events.
    Something to think about:
    Brad's season--there was a RCG, even though they (TPTB/ABC) realized there would be no F1/F2 at the end. If I remember correctly (someone please correct me if I have gotten this wrong) they disqualified the last week of the RCG and went from there to pick the winners.
    This season was done filming by Thanksgiving. The major scs went up by Jan 4,2009. No RCG went up per usual. Why?
    IMO something was off from day 1 in the planning. Maybe not all the cast was aware of what that "something" was. I am not sure how all the details will fall into place. But the very first strange thing I can account for is no RCG--TPTB do not pay for those prizes. The prizes come from a marketing firm--LeadDog--and are donated by the advertisers. So it is no skin off Fleiss'/ABC's back to continue with the RCG.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

I think there was no RSG because Jason had already decided to break up with Mel by then and fleiss was focused on the "shocker" ending and could care less about drawing viewers in with the rose game...

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3342789;
    Something to think about:
    Brad's season--there was a RCG, even though they (TPTB/ABC) realized there would be no F1/F2 at the end. If I remember correctly (someone please correct me if I have gotten this wrong) they disqualified the last week of the RCG and went from there to pick the winners.
    This season was done filming by Thanksgiving. The major scs went up by Jan 4,2009. No RCG went up per usual. Why?
    IMO something was off from day 1 in the planning. Maybe not all the cast was aware of what that "something" was. I am not sure how all the details will fall into place. But the very first strange thing I can account for is no RCG--TPTB do not pay for those prizes. The prizes come from a marketing firm--LeadDog--and are donated by the advertisers. So it is no skin off Fleiss'/ABC's back to continue with the RCG.
    Funny, I assumed network was too darn cheap to give away a trip for 2 to New Zealand WITH airfare plus enough nights to warrant such a long trip, and it was a stupid, pointless prize to give it away WITHOUT airfare and enough nights to warrant a JOURNEY (drink) of that length.

Or that Kauri Cliffs and Matakauri -- the only two places worth staying at -- weren't interested in donating the prize of an extended stay? But you could be right as well.

Plus, think of the tax consequences of such a valuable prize.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast