Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 147

Thread: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

  1. #81
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    353

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;3345222;
    I don't really ABC will respond at all to RS allegations because if they do it is going to just add fuel to the fire. Viewers(internet) are just going to ask what is ABC trying to cover up and the viewers(non-internet) are going to wonder what is going on as they don't know anything about the allegations. Better to let sleeping dogs lay and hope it blows over if the allegations are true.
    ITA. abc is going to get their viewers regardless of RS allegations and they know this. there's no point in responding in their eyes.

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;3345222;
    I don't really ABC will respond at all to RS allegations because if they do it is going to just add fuel to the fire. Viewers(internet) are just going to ask what is ABC trying to cover up and the viewers(non-internet) are going to wonder what is going on as they don't know anything about the allegations. Better to let sleeping dogs lay and hope it blows over if the allegations are true.
    I completely agree with this.

    They will either air a breakup / reconciliation with Molly if that's part of THEIR storyline, or not. If it's not, they will dismiss it as just another rumor, if pressed. And let's face it, since Jan 27 there have been so many unfounded, retarded, made-up rumors, they would have a point in a way. With gag orders all the way around, this season as with any, they get the last word. Which I've come to accept, incidentally. Even if as Steve says Melissa was blindsided at a closed set ATFR taping in mid January, if she were my close friend, I'd tell her to move on. It would take a large personal toll to take on a major TV network, and simply delay that much longer "moving on" to whatever joys and challenges her real life hold in store for her.

    When a true rumor leaks out, the best strategy is to flood the market with other demonstrably false rumors, so that everyone dismisses the whole mess as unknowable. ABC isn't stupid.

  3. #83
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3345271;
    When a true rumor leaks out, the best strategy is to flood the market with other demonstrably false rumors, so that everyone dismisses the whole mess as unknowable. ABC isn't stupid.
    This is exactly what I think is happening. They have writers/interns/whatever flooding message boards with crazy theories to muddy the waters. Maybe it's my imagination but there seemed to be a huge wave of those posts after RS released his videos. So now most people will throw their hands up and say I don't know who to believe, everyone says they have a source.

    For example, a couple days ago there were several people writing in Steve's comments about Jillian coming back and they tried their best to make it sound believable (but it wasn't). I don't think they were all Jillian fans.

  4. #84
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    496

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    I think ABC delegated the job to Chris to respond to RS allegations. I'm not sure he did a very good job. JMO

  5. #85
    Lovely Lilly! StanleyCupCanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3345193;
    Still no word from ABC, huh?
    The only direct response that I have read was a "No Comment" from Cathy Riehl during Jillian's teleconference. They pressed on to ask Jillian directly and that's when she said she hoped not or something like that.

  6. #86
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    When a true rumor leaks out, the best strategy is to flood the market with other demonstrably false rumors, so that everyone dismisses the whole mess as unknowable. ABC isn't stupid.
    Brilliant . I hadnt thought of that, but it makes perfect sense.

    Chris is not very comfortable this week. In his blog, he mentioned several nasty things that internet posters are saying about him and he's clearly not happy about being the mouthpiece.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 02-24-2009 at 06:58 PM.

  7. #87
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    well....MY OPINION ONLY...and since I haven't had the chance to read through all the posts in this section yet it could and has already probably been brought up...but ABC has been playing the "poor Melissa" card for several episodes...how "poor Melissa" just keeps getting "dumped" by all these guys....sounds to me like ABC is trying really hard to set up a PITY PARTY for her so they can have her as the "next bachelorette"....the ONLY one to be picked and then dumped so he could chose the F2 girl instead
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  8. #88
    FORT Regular Pete B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    139

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    I read CH blog and I am posting my comments in this thread since I believe this is as much reaction as we will get from ABC to RSs allegations.

    Analyzing Chris's blog (whose public persona I actually like), I am surprised that he has taken such a snarky, negative approach. From a purely human perspective I would understand that he feels hurt (I certainly would, with all the insinuations and hate flying around), but somehow I can not imagine this blog being written and posted in an emotional moment. CH is such a big part of TB that I have to believe that what he writes somehow gets vetted before going public.

    So assuming this was written for a reason, what would it signify? I have publicly said that I do NOT believe that the RS allegations are a complete and correct version of the events we will see, and that directly or indirectly they were planted by TPTB. Therefore, I think that the CH blog is a first attempt to pacify the situation and indicate to all of us that the lunacy has gone long enough. The potential viewers are all prepped up, the ratings on the 2nd and 3rd will top all records, and there is no more need to play up the Harlequin/Cinderella tragedy! The fact that CH is so sure of himself reinforces my opinion that TPTB has a bona fide "love story" ending which will leave everyone breathless!

    What about the ending of TB - where will the story go? CH comment that ATFR2 has not been shot yet is interesting. Keep in mind that he has not said that it will be live, just that it was not shot yet. Assuming we believe this (and yes, you could put a valid "?" on that statement, but for the moment I will take it at face value), that would mean 2 things:

    1. They want to keep tabs on the (surprise?) ending as long as they can AND

    2. They are not concerned about fallout from ATFR2 since taping it so late would severely restrict their editing abilities. This probably eliminates controversial scenarios where time may be needed to make it pallatable to an average viewer.

    To me, this would seem to boil down to only a few possible ending scenarios but I will sleep on them , and comment later.

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3346217;
    I read CH blog and I am posting my comments in this thread since I believe this is as much reaction as we will get from ABC to RSs allegations.

    Analyzing Chris's blog (whose public persona I actually like), I am surprised that he has taken such a snarky, negative approach. From a purely human perspective I would understand that he feels hurt (I certainly would, with all the insinuations and hate flying around), but somehow I can not imagine this blog being written and posted in an emotional moment. CH is such a big part of TB that I have to believe that what he writes somehow gets vetted before going public.

    So assuming this was written for a reason, what would it signify? I have publicly said that I do NOT believe that the RS allegations are a complete and correct version of the events we will see, and that directly or indirectly they were planted by TPTB. Therefore, I think that the CH blog is a first attempt to pacify the situation and indicate to all of us that the lunacy has gone long enough. The potential viewers are all prepped up, the ratings on the 2nd and 3rd will top all records, and there is no more need to play up the Harlequin/Cinderella tragedy! The fact that CH is so sure of himself reinforces my opinion that TPTB has a bona fide "love story" ending which will leave everyone breathless!

    What about the ending of TB - where will the story go? CH comment that ATFR2 has not been shot yet is interesting. Keep in mind that he has not said that it will be live, just that it was not shot yet. Assuming we believe this (and yes, you could put a valid "?" on that statement, but for the moment I will take it at face value), that would mean 2 things:

    1. They want to keep tabs on the (surprise?) ending as long as they can AND

    2. They are not concerned about fallout from ATFR2 since taping it so late would severely restrict their editing abilities. This probably eliminates controversial scenarios where time may be needed to make it pallatable to an average viewer.

    To me, this would seem to boil down to only a few possible ending scenarios but I will sleep on them , and comment later.



    Jason ending up with Molly is no love story, unless she was pretending to be someone else for months. It is too late for them to spin it that way..... no matter how they edit Melissa. She already has a track record from the DCC show and it is completely positive.

    They can show me Mel dumping him.....but I won't believe it because we know that nothing is as it seems until we get past the reality-show contracts and back to reality. I don't know what happens but I know to view the TPTB spin with skepticism.

  10. #90
    FORT Regular Pete B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    139

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3346255;
    Jason ending up with Molly is no love story, unless she was pretending to be someone else for months. It is too late for them to spin it that way..... no matter how they edit Melissa. She already has a track record from the DCC show and it is completely positive.

    They can show me Mel dumping him.....but I won't believe it because we know that nothing is as it seems until we get past the reality-show contracts and back to reality. I don't know what happens but I know to view the TPTB spin with skepticism.
    Hello ZulaMay. I appreciate and second your healthy scepticism towards TPTB. However, while you are assuming the RS allegations to be true and assuming TPTB to be busy trying to scramble and implement damage control, I believe that the RS allegations were planted by TPTB (with or without RS's knowledge) and that an airtight love story ending has already been prepared! We shall see which one of us is right very soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.