Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

Quote Originally Posted by GracieJardine;3342457;
    This isn't true at all. When information leaks from a controlled environment that is locked down with confidentiality agreements, often the most you get is a few tidbits from each source. They don't want to share any information that only *they* have because they dont want it traced back to them. They wouldn't share that Molly cried when she found out she was #2, etc. because then that would ID the source as being THERE when it happened. The sources don't just fear for the legal consequences, but for their professional reputation. Once a person in the industry gets a reputation for gossiping to the media / outside the industry, they are edged out of the game and no one wants to work with them because they can't be trusted.

Also not true. If a person is 'in the know' enough to have a single source, then they probably have multiple sources. I used to work in LA in the movies/TV and I can tell you that it is very likely that if you know the cameraman, you probably also know a PA, a wardrobe assistant, etc. You could confirm information independently, for sure. People in the industry gossip amongst themselves all the time and keep the info an 'open secret' within the industry. But to leak it outside the industry or to the media isn't cool.
    Thank you for an intelligent in the know response to questions many are asking.
    If I had a source, and you think I am going to come forward and name/hint who my source is in any way to jeopardize that source- it ain't happening.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3342506;
    Thank you for an intelligent in the know response to questions many are asking.
    If I had a source, and you think I am going to come forward and name/hint who my source is in any way to jeopardize that source- it ain't happening.

A quick reply to both Gracie and Kasha!

1. Details not coming out - I on the other hand do not agree with your thoughts on this, and the reason is basic human psychology. If something is out and you know it, you would want to put in your 2 cents, add to the story or just reiterate some points in more detail. Because the story is already out in the open, you would be less likely to hold back (this phenomenon is well known in psychology). Note that I am not suggesting that the same source would provide more details - there must be at least 30 people or more who know where this is going and some of them would weigh in! If on the other hand the story is incorrect (or misleading), you would stay quiet and wonder what is going on!

2. Story verification - KashatheDiva, you basically made my point of why I do not trust this story. If RS confirmed the story the way you describe it, in an industry full of gossip and innuendo, I just do not buy it. This is what I meant by my (or anyone else's) standards for verification may be much higher than those used by an online blogger! So I am not suggesting that RS should have revealed his sources - just that he has packaged a story that is just too convenient and where the only person that benefits IMHO is Mike Fleiss!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3342598;

1. Details not coming out - I on the other hand do not agree with your thoughts on this, and the reason is basic human psychology. If something is out and you know it, you would want to put in your 2 cents, add to the story or just reiterate some points in more detail. Because the story is already out in the open, you would be less likely to hold back (this phenomenon is well known in psychology). Note that I am not suggesting that the same source would provide more details - there must be at least 30 people or more who know where this is going and some of them would weigh in! If on the other hand the story is incorrect (or misleading), you would stay quiet and wonder what is going on!

2. Story verification - KashatheDiva, you basically made my point of why I do not trust this story. If RS confirmed the story the way you describe it, in an industry full of gossip and innuendo, I just do not buy it. This is what I meant by my (or anyone else's) standards for verification may be much higher than those used by an online blogger! So I am not suggesting that RS should have revealed his sources - just that he has packaged a story that is just too convenient and where the only person that benefits IMHO is Mike Fleiss!

Pete, I agree with you in that RS's story is incredibly conveninet for Fliess as well as the fact that, there has been no comment from ABC AT ALL. Its like they're sitting back and saying "yeah, let's let everyone beleive this". I remember RS said he would break the news a day before...what?!?! no one's going to try and stop him? gotta be kidding me... Are we really supposed to beleive that's fine by ABC's standard to let some random dude spill the goods on its baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3342598;

I made a 2 sentence answer to how I would and do handle my own situation. So how did RS get involved in my response? What I can tell you there are people who have heard rumblings of what RS is saying. So he is not out there all alone. Nor is quite a bit of what he has said foreign. All you have to do is a search on my posts and it's pretty clear how I feel about your #1 point.

If I know something, I may post what I know when I feel it will be most receptive, especially if it's not going to be received well. I think timing has a lot to do with when to post something. At the point when various posters are coming out with similar things to what I have heard, I will post to reconfirm that that is what I also, heard.

I am not going to post my source. Sorry. I don't care if it's the coordinating producer, Colonel Plum or from the mother, Mrs. White or from another poster who I have known for years on FORT. It's not going to happen. If people don't want to believe my posts, that is certainly their choice. What I hear is not 100% true 100% of the time. So I have no problem with that.
    But trust is paramount to me.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3342663;
    I made a 2 sentence answer to how I would and do handle my own situation. So how did RS get involved in my response? What I can tell you there are people who have heard rumblings of what RS is saying. So he is not out there all alone. Nor is quite a bit of what he has said foreign. All you have to do is a search on my posts and it's pretty clear how I feel about your #1 point.

If I know something, I may post what I know when I feel it will be most receptive, especially if it's not going to be received well. I think timing has a lot to do with when to post something. At the point when various posters are coming out with similar things to what I have heard, I will post to reconfirm that that is what I also, heard.

I am not going to post my source. Sorry. I don't care if it's the coordinating producer, Colonel Plum or from the mother, Mrs. White or from another poster who I have known for years on FORT. It's not going to happen. If people don't want to believe my posts, that is certainly their choice. What I hear is not 100% true 100% of the time. So I have no problem with that.
    But trust is paramount to me.
    For the record (once again), I do not expect you, RS, Mrs White or Professor Plum (It was Professor Plum and Colonel Mustard I believe ) to reveal sources. I am just pointing out that my standards of verification may be higher than someone else's and I will not trust in them blindly :nono (even if I know them or respect them, let alone if I don't), and especially if the story reads like a Harlequin tragic romance!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PotstickersRgud;3342485;
    I agree with almost all of your post. An engagement party would be nice. I hadn't thought of that before. It could be an explanation for the closed set.
    It could also be that the ratings are good, and they decided to make it last.
    I think my theory explains the need for the closed set- they don't want the happy surprise coming out. CH has even said that Jason exceeded their expectations. I can't imagine that they'd have an AFRC show that hurts or humiliates one of the ladies, and expect us all to tune in the next night.

I think they finally, finally have their love story, and they're going to run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3340317;
    Many of us have believed for a long time that this was scripted and set up to a certain extent. So that won't surprise us or stop us from watching unless something better comes along.
    And this board stays pretty constant. We enjoy each other and will come back either on other forums or most likely this same one.
    Fan boards might *gasp!* implode over this, but FORT will carry on as usual. This is just another shark and we'll eagerly await the next one.

ETA: To all of the "sourcing" skepticism. Whatevah. I know whom I believe. This story is already "in the can" for me even though the After After has apparently not been filmed. I am so done with this season--notice I didn't say with the show. I'll be watching for the next shark attack . . . AND it'll be summer, the height of shark sightings.
    Last edited by bamabrain; 02-24-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3344363;
    Fan boards might *gasp!* implode over this, but FORT will carry on as usual. This is just another shark and we'll eagerly await the next one.

ETA: To all of the "sourcing" skepticism. Whatevah. I know whom I believe. This story is already "in the can" for me even though the After After has apparently not been filmed. I am so done with this season--notice I didn't say with the show. I'll be watching for the next shark attack . . . AND it'll be summer, the height of shark sightings.
    duhduh..duhduh...duhduh...*I can hear the music from "jaws" as I read this....

Still no word from ABC, huh?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3345193;
    Still no word from ABC, huh?
    I don't really ABC will respond at all to RS allegations because if they do it is going to just add fuel to the fire. Viewers(internet) are just going to ask what is ABC trying to cover up and the viewers(non-internet) are going to wonder what is going on as they don't know anything about the allegations. Better to let sleeping dogs lay and hope it blows over if the allegations are true.