Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 147

Thread: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey hopelessroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3339040;

    I would hope that "Nielsen's America" rejects the notion of Jason marrying any of these women in March 2009, given the process and events to date as grossly premature, under any circumstance, but most profoundly premature where a child is in the mix.
    I agree with the vulgarity of the notion. . . however with Fleiss. . as we know it is about ratings. And Jason, as pliable as he clearly is would probably be all over it. Blech...!
    Last edited by fluff; 02-22-2009 at 02:45 PM.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

  2. #42
    FORT Fan Jagfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    356

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3335405;
    I can't believe that TBTB would honestly think anyone would like this story. They couldn't be that dumb! Sure it may get ratings this time around, but what about the next show? Could be that they let RS release his scoop as a test balloon, although somehow I feel they don't care that much.
    Those who like Melissa absolutely hate the thought of what's coming, and I can't help but think that Jason going back with Molly shows a man who is in serious need of help. As far as Molly, what the heck was she thinking, surely she can't be that desperate.
    But she could be that competitive, especially when the competition consists of other women and you've been told that your chief rival will be chopped off at the knees on national tv in favor of you.

    I think Disney/ABC's massive legal department is paying very close attention to how this is playing out and is probably advising people (RS, Melissa, and ? ) that it's really in their best interest to cease and desist whatever they're doing.

    And while ABC publicly is downplaying these "rumors" so that nothing is admitted, they'll be furiously working with fleiss on the finale and AFTR.

    JMHO

  3. #43
    FORT Fan Jagfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    356

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3338907;
    HOW WILL ABC ADDRESS REALITY STEVE'S ALLEGATIONS?

    1. With a process server?
    2. With an Avid editor?
    3. With joy?
    4. With higher advertising rates for next season?
    5. With additional approval of Next Entertainment's practice of specialized casting of final 4 and scripted productions in other seasons?
    With the ratings this season, I'm going with 3, 4, and especially 5.

  4. #44
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3339065;
    I've seen a few people say this so I'll jump in here and say nobody posted the emails in Steve's comments. Someone said she had them, revealed a bit about what they said, and decided to send them to Steve. He told her they were "good stuff" and said in his blog he confirmed they were real -- without going into detail how he confirmed that. So you can believe him or not, but I just want to be clear that nobody posted the actual emails, she just briefly described a few things that were said and the general tone.

    It looks like Steve deleted several of her comments that referred to the emails, I think he did that to protect his big news about what happened at ATFR #1 (but it still leaked out quickly, because of the email contents we were discussing it here before he posted the youtube videos that same night). He had already filmed the videos before he saw the emails so the emails were not one of his sources.
    I think I didn't express what I was really asking. I don't care so much about how RS got the emails - I just wonder about the legitimacy of them. Just because they really have Jason's and Melissa's email addresses on them doesn't mean they really were correspondence between them. If Fleiss was trying to anonymously provide more proof to RS to support what he had heard, then Fleiss could have easily made up these email exchanges and made it look like they had been sent between J & M. I thought I had heard that RS confirmed with Melissa that the email addresses and/or the exchanges were legit, but she may be under contract (or even in on the scam) to go along with the lie. I'm not saying the emails aren't legit - just suspicious.

  5. #45
    FORT Regular Pete B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    139

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3339148;
    I think I didn't express what I was really asking. I don't care so much about how RS got the emails - I just wonder about the legitimacy of them. Just because they really have Jason's and Melissa's email addresses on them doesn't mean they really were correspondence between them. If Fleiss was trying to anonymously provide more proof to RS to support what he had heard, then Fleiss could have easily made up these email exchanges and made it look like they had been sent between J & M. I thought I had heard that RS confirmed with Melissa that the email addresses and/or the exchanges were legit, but she may be under contract (or even in on the scam) to go along with the lie. I'm not saying the emails aren't legit - just suspicious.
    Hear, hear . The thing that is most concerning with RS is how his allegations were taken like Manna from Heaven. Even if he is legit, who says that the info that was leaked to him was accurate, complete or even real? How do we know that he has checked it and covered all the basis? Finally, how do we know he has not been enticed by TPTB (many here do not have a problem believing Jason sold himself - why not RS)?

    The short answer to all of these questions is that we don't know, so we should look at the facts he is presenting and judge them on their own merit. This is where, for me at least, his theories come up short. He is asking for a lot of leaps of faith that frankly do not match what I have seen on this show.

    Just to be clear I believe that the producers of TB would manipulate and sell their soul for a single Nielsen point and would possibly stoop even lower than what RS is saying (and for all I know did), but this kind of a "nicely packaged" leak was suspicious from the start. :nono It mixes love and injustice and appeals directly to the most basic emotions in all of us, ensuring TPTB will drive up ratings!

  6. #46
    Forum Assistant Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,748

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Thank you, Terabitha, for clearing up my awkward memory.

    Publicity is never bad. Next day water cooler buzz generates more eyes for the sequel. More eyes, more advertising dollars. The only time I can think that ABC might take exception is if any of this crosses the line with their Standards and Practices manual. Then they would go head to toe with Fleiss to make script changes. Otherwise - give us those eyes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  7. #47
    Premium Member jelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under the big umbrella
    Posts
    3,914

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    You know what PeteB? You can say all day that Reality Steve's is incorrect or incomplete, but how do you explain that there were multiple confirmations of the same information that came from different sources? It wasn't only Reality Steve that was hearing things, many others were hearing similar reports. This is not just one man with one source.

    No one is going to say who told them what or where they got their information. No one is going to incriminate the people who talked about the show. It is great to get information here, but it would be terrible to get someone in trouble for saying it.

    Wouldn't it be wonderful if we are all wrong?
    But what would the ideal scenario be now? Should we expect to see Molly as the F1 at the FRC? Should we see Melissa engaged to Jason and happy at the AFTR? Should we see Melissa dump Jason at the AFTR? What would be the right ending now that there are so many out there?

    The only way this information passes muster as a deliberate leak is if the information is true, and the producers wanted to let it percolate for awhile to blunt the effect while driving up viewing for the FRC and the ATFR1
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

  8. #48
    FORT Fanatic Squaredpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In My Own Reality
    Posts
    596

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3339702;
    Hear, hear . The thing that is most concerning with RS is how his allegations were taken like Manna from Heaven. Even if he is legit, who says that the info that was leaked to him was accurate, complete or even real? How do we know that he has checked it and covered all the basis? Finally, how do we know he has not been enticed by TPTB (many here do not have a problem believing Jason sold himself - why not RS)?

    The short answer to all of these questions is that we don't know, so we should look at the facts he is presenting and judge them on their own merit. This is where, for me at least, his theories come up short. He is asking for a lot of leaps of faith that frankly do not match what I have seen on this show.

    Just to be clear I believe that the producers of TB would manipulate and sell their soul for a single Nielsen point and would possibly stoop even lower than what RS is saying (and for all I know did), but this kind of a "nicely packaged" leak was suspicious from the start. :nono It mixes love and injustice and appeals directly to the most basic emotions in all of us, ensuring TPTB will drive up ratings!

    RS has made a big mistake. He has been told things from people who were eager to shed some bad light on Fleiss and the show. Angry ousted contestants and angry (ex) employees of the show. IMO not the most reliable sources.
    His biggest mistake was making up his own story around the things he was told.

    Dates he mentioned don't match with what other sources know.

    Jason's own family keeps telling us he doesn't know a thing and he made up a story around some tidbits he has heard.

    If I have to choose between a story of some angry ex contestants and ex employees and a story of a first grade relative of Jason's, my choice is not to difficult.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

  9. #49
    my scottie is who'stheboss?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    8

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Squaredpants;3339899;
    RS has made a big mistake. He has been told things from people who were eager to shed some bad light on Fleiss and the show. Angry ousted contestants and angry (ex) employees of the show. IMO not the most reliable sources.
    His biggest mistake was making up his own story around the things he was told.

    Dates he mentioned don't match with what other sources know.

    Jason's own family keeps telling us he doesn't know a thing and he made up a story around some tidbits he has heard.

    If I have to choose between a story of some angry ex contestants and ex employees and a story of a first grade relative of Jason's, my choice is not to difficult.
    I sure hope you're right because I can't imagine Jason going along with everything he's being accused of.

  10. #50
    FORT Regular wonderintern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    147

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3339844;
    You know what PeteB? You can say all day that Reality Steve's is incorrect or incomplete, but how do you explain that there were multiple confirmations of the same information that came from different sources? It wasn't only Reality Steve that was hearing things, many others were hearing similar reports. This is not just one man with one source.

    No one is going to say who told them what or where they got their information. No one is going to incriminate the people who talked about the show. It is great to get information here, but it would be terrible to get someone in trouble for saying it.

    Wouldn't it be wonderful if we are all wrong?
    But what would the ideal scenario be now? Should we expect to see Molly as the F1 at the FRC? Should we see Melissa engaged to Jason and happy at the AFTR? Should we see Melissa dump Jason at the AFTR? What would be the right ending now that there are so many out there?

    The only way this information passes muster as a deliberate leak is if the information is true, and the producers wanted to let it percolate for awhile to blunt the effect while driving up viewing for the FRC and the ATFR1
    The thing is, at this point, that no matter what is shown, what is believed?
    Spin master in training

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.