Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3338723;

What is really nagging at me is how RS happened upon Mel & Jason's personal emails. They should have been in Mel & Jason's possessions, and their possessions only. Only one of them could have shared the emails with somebody else. Who would have done it? And why? I can't think of any logical reason for either of them. Fleiss knows what their email addresses are. The emails could have been faked. I think RS has said that Mel confirmed the emails are true, but if this whole thing is a farce and if Mel happens to be in on it (or if she and Jason are still together but trying to fool people), she would be playing along. Or maybe she's being paid to play along. There are a lot of potential scenarios. I just hope it isn't the one RS posed.
    Weren't they posted on the Reality Steve Blog site as a comment from a poster who had received them and had forwarded them on to her mother, or something? Anyway, they got to his site through another poster. He pulled the contents the day they arrived - but he still has the text in his possesion.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

HOW WILL ABC ADDRESS REALITY STEVE'S ALLEGATIONS?

1. With a process server?
    2. With an Avid editor?
    3. With joy?
    4. With higher advertising rates for next season?
    5. With additional approval of Next Entertainment's practice of specialized casting of final 4 and scripted productions in other seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by amrie81;3335321;
    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

I think that since all of this came out they should just scrap the WTA and air everything that's supposed to be aired on 3/2 this coming Monday. The WTA is going to be a pointless show now if you ask me. I doubt ABC will do anything to block or try and change things as they stand right now because let's face it the boards are buzzing like crazy and people will tune in to watch whether or not they agree with what went down because we want to see happens and how it was done (not that we'll get the full story). I don't think Fleiss is panicking I think he's on Cloud 9 right now because he finally has The Most Dramatic and Most Talked About Show in Bachelor History. Bad Publicity is still publicity and people will watch.

I thought this was better over in this thread.
    Finally someone posted the same thought I was having about the WTA....what a WTJ (joke) WTF?
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

[QUOTE=Pete B;3338465;]That is exactly what I think. All this is a little bit too convenient to ABC and strange considering the general secrecy of TB. I laid it out in an earlier post which I am copying below:

How - let me be Fleiss for a minute () and show you how:

Step 1:
    Spread rumours through RS (whether RS realized it and or willingly participated is irrelevant) driving up excitement and frenzy. Make sure rumours go for the jugular (poor little Ty, jilted Melissa, doublefaced Bachelor, etc)

Step 2:
    Prepare an airtight finale with a romatic happy ending (easily done as I pointed out in an earlier post - see below). Ensure that at least part of the leaked info is proven wrong. BTW, this is why I do not believe RSs info to be complete and accurate.

End Result:
    ABC ratings up, Producers with $$$$$, Jason happily engaged, Ty has caring stepmom, 99% of the audience happy (the other 1% always complains and believes in UFOs anyway )

Bolded above is the best quote of the day!!!! LMAO...thanks.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Fogey

ABC suddenly closed the set to DeAnna's ATFR taping. When the news leaked out anyway that Jesse was F1, there was this huge cry from the multitudes on the boards. The Engagement Party which had been taped and scheduled to air I believe the next week was promptly scrapped with no explanation; however, the couple had not broken up. Why? They were engaged, weren't they?

This leads me to believe that perhaps the "suits" at ABC were once again exerting their influence over what Fleiss could and could not show based on what they thought would be viewer reaction, the same as they did with the last scene in Brad's season where Fleiss said he was denied the right to show Brad nonchalantly eating a sandwhich and changing stations after breaking the hearts of 2 women and leaving them in tears.

Now, back to the cancellation of the already taped Engagement Party. Why would that be cancelled when in retrospect, DeAnna and Jesse stayed together for several months as an engaged couple? The answer has to be because of the extremely negative online reaction to the leaked information coming out of the closed set ATFR that Jesse was F1.

I believe that although we are only a small percentage of the viewer audience, they are very well aware of the online reaction, and they are monitoring closely.
    I highly suspect that Fleiss has been in with the "suits" arguing like crazy to show his "freakish" and every other crazy word ending that he has manipulated in just the manner that he wishes it to be shown.

Whether he wins out and it is shown in the twisted way in which Fleiss would like to show it remains to be seen.
    Whether we ever learn the entire truth also remains to be seen as well.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3338933;

I believe that although we are only a small percentage of the viewer audience, they are very well aware of the online reaction, and they are monitoring closely.
    I highly suspect that Fleiss has been in with the "suits" arguing like crazy to show his "freakish" and every other crazy word ending that he has manipulated in just the manner that he wishes it to be shown.

Whether we ever learn the entire truth also remains to be seen as well.
    Bloomers, I agree with this so hard!

I think that even though we may be a small group, we represent the demographic of viewers who have been loyal to this show and we're viewers who ABC would be crazy to want to lose. It certainly wouldn't help them garner their advertising buck either to lose so many faithful fans who buy into a premise they've sold us and then sullied.

However, I think the truth behind this season (and others) will remain forever hidden - thanks to some pretty airtight contracts, some pretty powerful stuffed suits, a masterful Fleiss (and it kills me to call him that) and some savvy entertainment lawyers.

:nono

The more i think about this, the more I suspect the ending will be an airtight love story. I wouldn't be surprized if there is a wedding at the ATFR2!?!

One thought on the legality of what RS did and ABCs reaction. The logical ABC reaction would be to sue RS for defamation of the show. So far many posters assumed the reason why ABC is not doing it is because RS was right but that is not how lawsuits work. ABC could have sued, tied up RS in court and potentially bankrupted him as a purely preventative measure.this is irrespective of what happens on TB!

The fact that they didn't really means one of 3 things:

1. They used RS (with his knowledge and permission) and want to perpetuate the story and RS has some form of legal release to do what he is doing.

2. They feel RS is too small a fry to bother (unlikely - they go even after small fry) OR

3. Their ending is so "love story airtight" they are playing along for now and will slap a lawsuit once the show ends (this assumes RS is an unwilling party to all of this)
    Last edited by fluff; 02-22-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3338907;
    HOW WILL ABC ADDRESS REALITY STEVE'S ALLEGATIONS?

1. With a process server?
    2. With an Avid editor?
    3. With joy?
    4. With higher advertising rates for next season?
    5. With additional approval of Next Entertainment's practice of specialized casting of final 4 and scripted productions in other seasons?
    Possibly all of the above.

And number 1 will only help with 2 through 5.

I would hope that "Nielsen's America" rejects the notion of Jason marrying any of these women in March 2009, given the process and events to date as grossly premature, under any circumstance, but most profoundly premature where a child is in the mix.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-22-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3338893;
    Weren't they posted on the Reality Steve Blog site as a comment from a poster who had received them and had forwarded them on to her mother, or something? Anyway, they got to his site through another poster. He pulled the contents the day they arrived - but he still has the text in his possesion.
    I've seen a few people say this so I'll jump in here and say nobody posted the emails in Steve's comments. Someone said she had them, revealed a bit about what they said, and decided to send them to Steve. He told her they were "good stuff" and said in his blog he confirmed they were real -- without going into detail how he confirmed that. So you can believe him or not, but I just want to be clear that nobody posted the actual emails, she just briefly described a few things that were said and the general tone.

It looks like Steve deleted several of her comments that referred to the emails, I think he did that to protect his big news about what happened at ATFR #1 (but it still leaked out quickly, because of the email contents we were discussing it here before he posted the youtube videos that same night). He had already filmed the videos before he saw the emails so the emails were not one of his sources.