Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

Quote Originally Posted by moreChocolate;3338418;
    I seriously doubt that Fleiss & co. gives a rats ass about an expose from an online blogger. Sure it’s a big deal in The Bachelor online community, but let’s put things in perspective; we only represents a teeny tiny fraction (maybe less than ˝ %) of the show’s total audience who number in millions (over 10 million?). Believe me, if they cared about online community's criticisms and desires, they’d be listening and taking action on our collective advice (i.e. show us a love story, stop with the cat fights, and so on). I doubt that this scoop is even a blip in the world of entertainment news.
    Not so moreChocolate. While the online community is tiny compared to the general viewing audience, the leaked info has slowly trickled into mainstream media and Fleiss & Co do care about them. Now everyone who has ever watched The Bachelor (and a few who never did) will be watching to see what happens and ratings will go up up up!

It is strangely convenient that the info leaked so early (2 weeks before the AFTRs) ensuring that the online speculation builds up and reaches mainstream media! It is also interesting that RSs info was so unwavering on the injustice portion - i.e. Melissa hurt, this being a dastardly scheme from the start, etc!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by minime;3338419;
    I am seriously playing devil's advocate here, because I don't believe the whole "scripted" fluff, but I think, with the bolder actions and contestants they've been seeking out, that they are trying their best to be more than just a "blip" in he world of entertainment news. This, if it plays out as we have heard, could do it.
    I also don't buy the this "set-up"conspiracy and I doubt Fleiss has used a single brain cell thinking about it. I agree, if this season plays out as we've heard (which I do buy) it will definetely cause a buzz - at least for a few days (viewers and media have a short attention span), and could possibly help revive TB franchise.

Why would they - Fleiss believes that viewers want emotional roller coaster not actual romance. Here is his quote to the interview question:
    How does the show stay so popular when its objective—to end in a marriage—has failed to materialize in every season except one (Trista Rehn in The Bachelorette, season 1)?
    "People like to see the emotional roller coaster of romance more than the completed romance."

How did you reinvigorate the show?
    "We made it so it wasn't so predictable. We started taking chances."

Quote from January 13, 2009 Business Week article by Rebecca Reisner
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by moreChocolate;3338428;
    I also don't buy the this "set-up"conspiracy and I doubt Fleiss has used a single brain cell thinking about it. I agree, if this season plays out as we've heard (which I do buy) it will definetely cause a buzz - at least for a few days (viewers and media have a short attention span), and could possibly help revive TB franchise.
    I disagree. Fleiss may be a pitiful human being but he has shown himself to be a very shrewd businessman. We are talking after all about a show where finalists are assigned handlers, contracts are ironclad and the only time info leaks out is when ABC-Fleiss want it to leak out.

He has (unfortunately ) used his brain cells and this whole RS allegation is driving up ratings (and yes reviving TB franchise)!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3338427;
    Not so moreChocolate. While the online community is tiny compared to the general viewing audience, the leaked info has slowly trickled into mainstream media and Fleiss & Co do care about them. Now everyone who has ever watched The Bachelor (and a few who never did) will be watching to see what happens and ratings will go up up up!

It is strangely convenient that the info leaked so early (2 weeks before the AFTRs) ensuring that the online speculation builds up and reaches mainstream media! It is also interesting that RSs info was so unwavering on the injustice portion - i.e. Melissa hurt, this being a dastardly scheme from the start, etc!
    Pete B, no doubt they do use the online bloggers to distribute misleading and salacious rumors - I've seen it happen. I guess my point was that I just don't think fleiss & co. is as concerned about online outrage as some here seem to think.

Are you suggesting that RS's expose is really a leak by Fleiss & co - and that RS unwittingly passed it on to us? That's crossed my mind too, except that I think the part about a conspiracy is RS's speculation - because why would fleiss & co want that out. Lets say the supposed ending that we've heard is a fleiss leak, he wouldn't want the true ending to be revealed, so perhaps he's playing us and really shock us with a totaly unexpected ending. That would be awesome. As much as I hate to compliment fleiss, I think he is a very crafty man and is often two steps ahead of the online sleuths.

Quote Originally Posted by moreChocolate;3338440;
    Pete B, no doubt they do use the online bloggers to distribute misleading and salacious rumors - I've seen it happen. I guess my point was that I just don't think fleiss & co. is as concerned about online outrage as some here seem to think.

Are you suggesting that RS's expose is really a leak by Fleiss & co - and that RS unwittingly passed it on to us? That's crossed my mind too, except that I think the part about a conspiracy is RS's speculation - because why would fleiss & co want that out. Lets say the supposed ending that we've heard is a fleiss leak, he wouldn't want the true ending to be revealed, so perhaps he's playing us and really shock us with a totaly unexpected ending. That would be awesome. As much as I hate to compliment fleiss, I think he is a very crafty man and is often two steps ahead of the online sleuths.
    That is exactly what I think. All this is a little bit too convenient to ABC and strange considering the general secrecy of TB. I laid it out in an earlier post which I am copying below:

How - let me be Fleiss for a minute () and show you how:

Step 1:
    Spread rumours through RS (whether RS realized it and or willingly participated is irrelevant) driving up excitement and frenzy. Make sure rumours go for the jugular (poor little Ty, jilted Melissa, doublefaced Bachelor, etc)

Step 2:
    Prepare an airtight finale with a romatic happy ending (easily done as I pointed out in an earlier post - see below). Ensure that at least part of the leaked info is proven wrong. BTW, this is why I do not believe RSs info to be complete and accurate.

End Result:
    ABC ratings up, Producers with $$$$$, Jason happily engaged, Ty has caring stepmom, 99% of the audience happy (the other 1% always complains and believes in UFOs anyway )

Originally Posted by Pete B

Let me show you what I mean! Even if some of the leaked info on RS is true, how about a few other possible scenarios:

1. Jason proposes to Melissa at the FRC. She decides to go back to her ex shortly after (even her friends mentioned her insecurities) and Jason picks up with Molly. ABC milks it for all it can!

2. After 2 months of dating, Jason and Melissa mutually decide to break up. They are persuaded by ABC to do this on the air at the ATFR - nobody is “hurt” - just good TV. Molly is brought in to provide drama and Jason will break up quietly with her in a month!

3. Even though Jason chooses Melissa, Molly shows up pregnant - Jason does the “honorable” thing and changes his choice, even if it means letting go of “his true love”!

4. Jason chooses Melissa only to find out she was the producer’s plant all along. Brokenhearted he goes back to Molly and tries to start a new relationship!

5. Everything RS leaked has been a “sham” (possibly because someone leaked it that way to him) and the real ending is nowhere close to this. Jason regrets his decision on Jillian and decides to go after her after the FRC. Since the ATFR set is closed, ABC can do anything they want and leak any rumours they want!

FORT Regular

Pete B Ha ha, very well thought out possible scenarios. I agree, I think some of the online chatter is Fleiss generated.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3338465;
    That is exactly what I think. All this is a little bit too convenient to ABC and strange considering the general secrecy of TB. I laid it out in an earlier post which I am copying below:

How - let me be Fleiss for a minute () and show you how:

Step 1:
    Spread rumours through RS (whether RS realized it and or willingly participated is irrelevant) driving up excitement and frenzy. Make sure rumours go for the jugular (poor little Ty, jilted Melissa, doublefaced Bachelor, etc)

Step 2:
    Prepare an airtight finale with a romatic happy ending (easily done as I pointed out in an earlier post - see below). Ensure that at least part of the leaked info is proven wrong. BTW, this is why I do not believe RSs info to be complete and accurate.

End Result:
    ABC ratings up, Producers with $$$$$, Jason happily engaged, Ty has caring stepmom, 99% of the audience happy (the other 1% always complains and believes in UFOs anyway )

Originally Posted by Pete B

Let me show you what I mean! Even if some of the leaked info on RS is true, how about a few other possible scenarios:

1. Jason proposes to Melissa at the FRC. She decides to go back to her ex shortly after (even her friends mentioned her insecurities) and Jason picks up with Molly. ABC milks it for all it can!

2. After 2 months of dating, Jason and Melissa mutually decide to break up. They are persuaded by ABC to do this on the air at the ATFR - nobody is “hurt” - just good TV. Molly is brought in to provide drama and Jason will break up quietly with her in a month!

3. Even though Jason chooses Melissa, Molly shows up pregnant - Jason does the “honorable” thing and changes his choice, even if it means letting go of “his true love”!

4. Jason chooses Melissa only to find out she was the producer’s plant all along. Brokenhearted he goes back to Molly and tries to start a new relationship!

5. Everything RS leaked has been a “sham” (possibly because someone leaked it that way to him) and the real ending is nowhere close to this. Jason regrets his decision on Jillian and decides to go after her after the FRC. Since the ATFR set is closed, ABC can do anything they want and leak any rumours they want!
    1/2/4/5 are your most plausible explanations, IMO. Isn't it interesting how open-ended this is?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

For the last day or two I've been wondering if maybe Fleiss had incorrect info "leaked" to RS. RS decided to keep it to himself, so Fleiss had to do some other things to get RS moving, such as confirming that something "big" did happen, and also either leaking the info to some tabloid, or getting word to RS that a tabloid had figured it out.

What is really nagging at me is how RS happened upon Mel & Jason's personal emails. They should have been in Mel & Jason's possessions, and their possessions only. Only one of them could have shared the emails with somebody else. Who would have done it? And why? I can't think of any logical reason for either of them. Fleiss knows what their email addresses are. The emails could have been faked. I think RS has said that Mel confirmed the emails are true, but if this whole thing is a farce and if Mel happens to be in on it (or if she and Jason are still together but trying to fool people), she would be playing along. Or maybe she's being paid to play along. There are a lot of potential scenarios. I just hope it isn't the one RS posed.

Quote Originally Posted by moreChocolate;3338440;

Exactly. And frankly if RS simply leaked that there was a switch in the final two, it would look more plausible. IMHO, the key to the (planned) leak was the whole "tragic" ending - nothing brings in viewers like perceived injustice. And as I said as long Fleiss has a plausible love story at the end he would not care about temporary bitching on some forum members who will turn up to watch the finale anyway!

I don't know what RSs role was (innocent bystander used by producers or something else) and frankly I don't care but here are a few inconsistencies in the story (from different points of view):

1. Assuming everything RS said is true and complete, why have we not seen more details. If someone close to Melissa was the source and they don't care about contractual obligations (and sending emails is about legally dumb as you can get) then why not keep leaking details. To be sure a few more posters have said they heard the same as RS but none of them had anything meaningful to add - in a true leak situation you would expect little details to emerge from the ATFR (e.g. Jason asked for the ring back and Melissa threw it on the floor, Melissa slapped Molly etc.- I really can't even imagine all the possibilities, but in a situation such as the one RS describes there would be bound to be more "juicy" bits).

2.The scenario RS painted (or that someone painted for RS) asks for too many leaps of faith - Jason turns from good guy to villain, Melissa turns from easy go lucky girl to a scorned Harlequin heroine, Ty's mother is an evil witch who allows all this to play out in front of her 3 year old, Molly becomes Lady Macbeth! Come on, even one of these changes would be too much to digest. I believe this is intentionally going overboard so when the final story comes out everyone can say "how could I have been so wrong?"

3. Finally, for the sake of argument, let's assume that RS is totally correct and the producers planned this all along: "Thou shalt take Molly but only after you jilt Melissa" and Jason agreed and his ex-wife agreed, etc.

As the season unfolds, according to Chris Harrison "everyone sees a beautiful Love Story". Assuming this is between Jason and Molly (and I am not sold on that, but that would be the logical assumption to RS allegations), why would a ruthless (but shrewd) businessman like Fleiss not change the storyline halfway and exploit the emerging love story. Sure, he would love drama to boost ratings, but this is "Risk Management 101" - why risk everything with a very negative reaction from Melissa you can't control when you have a sure fire hit.