Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 147

Thread: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

  1. #11
    FORT Regular LisaMondello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    143

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Locarber;3334538;
    Let's hope ABC/Fleiss learned his lesson bigtime. The Bachelor is a show for romance....not tragedy.
    Thank you!! This bit about people tuning in for the rollercoaster ride ONLY works if you give them the happy ending. You deny them that and they feel like crap. I don't care if Molly and Jason live happily ever after. What they did to Melissa is unforgivable.

  2. #12
    FORT Fanatic Flori da's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    611

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    I can't believe that TBTB would honestly think anyone would like this story. They couldn't be that dumb! Sure it may get ratings this time around, but what about the next show? Could be that they let RS release his scoop as a test balloon, although somehow I feel they don't care that much.
    Those who like Melissa absolutely hate the thought of what's coming, and I can't help but think that Jason going back with Molly shows a man who is in serious need of help. As far as Molly, what the heck was she thinking, surely she can't be that desperate.

  3. #13
    FORT Fan wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    307

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by amrie81;3335321;
    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I think that since all of this came out they should just scrap the WTA and air everything that's supposed to be aired on 3/2 this coming Monday. The WTA is going to be a pointless show now if you ask me. I doubt ABC will do anything to block or try and change things as they stand right now because let's face it the boards are buzzing like crazy and people will tune in to watch whether or not they agree with what went down because we want to see happens and how it was done (not that we'll get the full story). I don't think Fleiss is panicking I think he's on Cloud 9 right now because he finally has The Most Dramatic and Most Talked About Show in Bachelor History. Bad Publicity is still publicity and people will watch.

    I thought this was better over in this thread.
    I agree. The Women Tell All seems redundant to me. I'd like to hear something similar to the truth.

  4. #14
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,152

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Locarber;3334538;
    Let's hope ABC/Fleiss learned his lesson bigtime. The Bachelor is a show for romance....not tragedy.
    Fleiss learn a lesson!!!! No, all that Fleiss sees or cares about is ratings which he has big time this season. (Hasn't been this good in a long time.) No, team Fleiss will just come up with something even more astounding next time.

    It might be better if viewers learned a lesson and stop watching this show!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

  5. #15
    FORT Regular amrie81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    132

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3335405;
    I can't believe that TBTB would honestly think anyone would like this story. They couldn't be that dumb! Sure it may get ratings this time around, but what about the next show? Could be that they let RS release his scoop as a test balloon, although somehow I feel they don't care that much.
    Those who like Melissa absolutely hate the thought of what's coming, and I can't help but think that Jason going back with Molly shows a man who is in serious need of help. As far as Molly, what the heck was she thinking, surely she can't be that desperate.
    I don't think anyone is saying that people will [I]like[I] this ending just that people will watch. I think I learned about this in psychology or something about people watching and being drawn to tragedy (not their own of course) it's like when people try to see a car wreck (ever heard of rubber-neckin'?). People may not enjoy it but they will watch to see how it plays out therefore Fleiss will get his ratings...and yes that's all he cares about. People still watch Springer and Maury right? Because you are guaranteed a trainwreck...side note...I do not watch Springer or Maury but my dad used to be a big Springer fan As for the next season weren't they planning on ending this show at sometime anyway...might as well go out with a bang and ride the ratings wave while it's there. I'm not saying I agree with what they've done...I'm apalled and disgusted (not that he switches because it is only 6 weeks and not even just with one girl so he could very well change his mind but if it was premeditated as suggested) especially because he could have ended thing privately.

  6. #16
    FORT Regular Pete B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    139

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by amrie81;3335435;
    I don't think anyone is saying that people will [I]like[I] this ending just that people will watch. I think I learned about this in psychology or something about people watching and being drawn to tragedy (not their own of course) it's like when people try to see a car wreck (ever heard of rubber-neckin'?). People may not enjoy it but they will watch to see how it plays out therefore Fleiss will get his ratings...and yes that's all he cares about. People still watch Springer and Maury right? Because you are guaranteed a trainwreck...side note...I do not watch Springer or Maury but my dad used to be a big Springer fan As for the next season weren't they planning on ending this show at sometime anyway...might as well go out with a bang and ride the ratings wave while it's there. I'm not saying I agree with what they've done...I'm apalled and disgusted (not that he switches because it is only 6 weeks and not even just with one girl so he could very well change his mind but if it was premeditated as suggested) especially because he could have ended thing privately.
    Unfortunately that is exactly what is happening - human behavior is sometimes strange and this show has the ethics of a snake. Since the RS allegations surfaced, the interest in the Bachelor topped all charts. As I posted on another thread I am not entirely sold that the allegations are either accurate or complete but from ABCs point who cares - their ratings go up. If I was advising the producers (will work for money - pls contact me ) I would not say a word - just let the interest build and the story unfold. The crazier the assumptions become, the better!

    Of course this assumes that they have a bona fide conclusion to tell which will have an overall happy ending.

  7. #17
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    I think that if ABC is mucking around with people's hearts like that, they will pay for it in ratings....What is worse is that they are playing around with a young boy's life - Ty! How could ABC and Jason go along with that? It's one thing to break someone's heart, but to break a child's heart is akin to child abuse. I'm hating ABC and the Bachelor more and more....now.

  8. #18
    FORT Regular Pete B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    139

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by medavinci;3338341;
    I think that if ABC is mucking around with people's hearts like that, they will pay for it in ratings....What is worse is that they are playing around with a young boy's life - Ty! How could ABC and Jason go along with that? It's one thing to break someone's heart, but to break a child's heart is akin to child abuse. I'm hating ABC and the Bachelor more and more....now.
    How - let me be Fleiss for a minute () and show you how:

    Step 1:
    Spread rumours through RS (whether RS realized it and or willingly participated is irrelevant) driving up excitement and frenzy. Make sure rumours go for the jugular (poor little Ty, jilted Melissa, doublefaced Bachelor, etc)

    Step 2:
    Prepare an airtight finale with a romatic happy ending (easily done as I pointed out in an earlier post - see below). Ensure that at least part of the leaked info is proven wrong. BTW, this is why I do not believe RSs info to be complete and accurate.

    End Result:
    ABC ratings up, Producers with $$$$$, Jason happily engaged, Ty has caring stepmom, 99% of the audience happy (the other 1% always complains and believes in UFOs anyway )



    Originally Posted by Pete B
    ....

    Let me show you what I mean! Even if some of the leaked info on RS is true, how about a few other possible scenarios:

    1. Jason proposes to Melissa at the FRC. She decides to go back to her ex shortly after (even her friends mentioned her insecurities) and Jason picks up with Molly. ABC milks it for all it can!

    2. After 2 months of dating, Jason and Melissa mutually decide to break up. They are persuaded by ABC to do this on the air at the ATFR - nobody is “hurt” - just good TV. Molly is brought in to provide drama and Jason will break up quietly with her in a month!

    3. Even though Jason chooses Melissa, Molly shows up pregnant - Jason does the “honorable” thing and changes his choice, even if it means letting go of “his true love”!

    4. Jason chooses Melissa only to find out she was the producer’s plant all along. Brokenhearted he goes back to Molly and tries to start a new relationship!

    5. Everything RS leaked has been a “sham” (possibly because someone leaked it that way to him) and the real ending is nowhere close to this. Jason regrets his decision on Jillian and decides to go after her after the FRC. Since the ATFR set is closed, ABC can do anything they want and leak any rumours they want!

  9. #19
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    58

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    I seriously doubt that Fleiss & co. gives a rats ass about an expose from an online blogger. Sure it’s a big deal in The Bachelor online community, but let’s put things in perspective; we only represents a teeny tiny fraction (maybe less than ˝ %) of the show’s total audience who number in millions (over 10 million?). Believe me, if they cared about online community's criticisms and desires, they’d be listening and taking action on our collective advice (i.e. show us a love story, stop with the cat fights, and so on). I doubt that this scoop is even a blip in the world of entertainment news.

  10. #20
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    80

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by moreChocolate;3338418;
    I seriously doubt that Fleiss & co. gives a rats ass about an expose from an online blogger. Sure it’s a big deal in The Bachelor online community, but let’s put things in perspective; we only represents a teeny tiny fraction (maybe less than ˝ %) of the show’s total audience who number in millions (over 10 million?). Believe me, if they cared about online community's criticisms and desires, they’d be listening and taking action on our collective advice (i.e. show us a love story, stop with the cat fights, and so on). I doubt that this scoop is even a blip in the world of entertainment news.
    I am seriously playing devil's advocate here, because I don't believe the whole "scripted" fluff, but I think, with the bolder actions and contestants they've been seeking out, that they are trying their best to be more than just a "blip" in he world of entertainment news. This, if it plays out as we have heard, could do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.