Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Results 141 to 147 of 147

Thread: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

  1. #141
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    41

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    I was wondering that too. Because Melissa is a big fan favorite!

    Quote Originally Posted by abbyb1;3332598;
    I think they won't address it prior to March 2nd, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if ABC opted to eliminate Melissa being dumped on camera now that they've seen the backlash (for their own sake and not for Jason's of course). If that happens, at least we'll know the backstory.

    I'm generally pretty skeptical, but this "something is rotten in the state of Denmark" rings true for me.

  2. #142
    the sweetest thing snickers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,071

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    i don't believe for one second that Reality Steve got paid off by ABC, they have been trying to keep in quiet....they pulled the plug on the chelsea interview

    and i've been reading his blog for years and i think he would rather be homeless and starving than take money from ABC lol

    i didn't even watch this season, but i may tune in just to see the after the rose just to see how this all plays out

    can't say i'm too surprised jason may go down in flames...all the repeats do, minus trista

  3. #143
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    799

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3360257;
    i don't believe for one second that Reality Steve got paid off by ABC, they have been trying to keep in quiet....they pulled the plug on the chelsea interview

    and i've been reading his blog for years and i think he would rather be homeless and starving than take money from ABC lol

    i didn't even watch this season, but i may tune in just to see the after the rose just to see how this all plays out

    can't say i'm too surprised jason may go down in flames...all the repeats do, minus trista
    Who makes a better shill than someone who has said they would never be a shill? I think with the ratings bonanza that tonight and tomorrow's shows are going to be that ABC is fully aware of the old saying "All publicity is good publicity"
    How else do you get a blurb in TVGuide, USweekly, and assundry other entertainment blogs when you have a tired old show? You either keep upping the ante or you leave the game.

  4. #144
    FORT Fogey Parasolpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taxland, Ontario
    Posts
    1,568

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3360375;
    How else do you get a blurb in TVGuide, USweekly, and assundry other entertainment blogs when you have a tired old show? You either keep upping the ante or you leave the game.
    My worst fear? He will take this dog and pony show to the Great White North.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

  5. #145
    the sweetest thing snickers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,071

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    as has been mentioned here countless times, reality steve has been around from the beginning...if they had wanted to use him they had a perfect chance a year ago when they had chelsea, whatever season that was

    some people think they will edit tonight's episode due to his allegations...now why would they do that if he was getting paid off....just got to wait and see

  6. #146
    FORT Fanatic cfck2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    536

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3360375;
    Who makes a better shill than someone who has said they would never be a shill? I think with the ratings bonanza that tonight and tomorrow's shows are going to be that ABC is fully aware of the old saying "All publicity is good publicity"
    How else do you get a blurb in TVGuide, USweekly, and assundry other entertainment blogs when you have a tired old show? You either keep upping the ante or you leave the game.
    That's a valid point. But IMO the missing element here is competition between the tabloid magazines. People is the one that's had the regular Bachelor coverage and Jason's blogs. Entertainment Weekly which is owned by the same parent company as People has had Chris Harrison's blogs.

    US Weekly is a competitor to People. So they'd only be too happy to carry a story that makes their competitor look out of touch. It's also their way of "punishing" a show that didn't cooperate with them. Yes in this case the punishment set the buzz aflame but the tabloids are a 'you scratch my back I'll scratch yours' world.

    IMO US Weekly saw an opportunity for a scandal and ran with it. Even if the Bachelor was considered washed up the idea of a scandal sells copies. That's what explains the coverage scandals of has been celebrities get too!

    So IMHO the fact that RS got attention in the tabloids is not an indication of him being paid off by ABC. It's not that I think it's impossible he's a shill or that he was leaked stuff to get more buzz going and was an unwitting pawn. IMO the 2nd of those is more likely than RS being a shill.

  7. #147
    FORT Regular ducwidow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    mid Michigan
    Age
    54
    Posts
    120

    Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3360108;
    Now there would be the ultimate coup for Fleiss-make Steve the next Bachelor!
    Posters on his i love rs facebook site have actually discussed this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.