Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

Re: Has or will ABC address RS's allegations?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3345617;
    ABC has been playing the "poor Melissa" card for several episodes...how "poor Melissa" just keeps getting "dumped" by all these guys....sounds to me like ABC is trying really hard to set up a PITY PARTY for her so they can have her as the "next bachelorette"....the ONLY one to be picked and then dumped so he could chose the F2 girl instead
    As the bachelorette, Melissa's parents would have to be part of the show. Good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3356096;
    Call me a skeptic, but I have weird feeling that RS is a well paid shill for ABC this year. Ratings will be through the roof for the season finale two night special. It's all too convenient.
    You're no sceptic - just making a logical conclusion of a possible cause. I am not certain that RS received any $$$, but I have almost no doubt his story will not hold water!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3356539;
    You're no sceptic - just making a logical conclusion of a possible cause. I am not certain that RS received any $$$, but I have almost no doubt his story will not hold water!
    Wait, you STILL don't believe RS??

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by teegoogles;3356555;
    i don't see how anyone can deny it anymore to be honest. the writing is all over the wall now. jason dumped melissa. jason is with molly. it's common knowledge at this point.
    Last edited by sunchaserr; 03-01-2009 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teegoogles;3356555;

Hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by sunchaserr;3356560;
    i don't see how anyone can deny it anymore to be honest. i think people who still believe jason is with melissa are going to be very disappointed monday night. it's pretty much common knowledge at this point. sorry.
    I think hes with Molly now but how he got there may be different than what BS is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3355289;
    In spite of everything that is being discussed after the ATFR2, I remain a sceptic that we are getting a true story yet. I am posting this here since in a way I think all this may be partially ABCs reaction to RS allegations. There are many things that still seem considerably out of place, inconsistent and that are bugging me:

1. First of all, I am still waiting for a credible source to confirm or deny RSs newest version of events. IMHO, this can only be someone who was at the ATFR2 (or a close confidante they trust if confidentiality clause is an issue), not someone with secondhand or thirdhand info or one of RSs disciples!

We know that at least 2 FORT-ers were there and I am still puzzled that there is no additional info trickling through! Do they totally agree with RSs version of events and don't feel the need to contribute? Or are their versions sufficiently different that they are concerned if they talk they could get a lawsuit slapped?

Some of you may bring up confidentiality issues, but my take is, if their versions are essentially the same as RSs, they could leak any details (through friends or confidantes), knowing RS's "source" would get blamed! If, OTOH their stories are substantially different, they may be inclined to keep quiet!

2. Even if RSs story has some truth, could important elements still be hidden in the parts of the FRC and ATFR1 they didn't show the audience? I said a few days ago that I don't necessarily disbelieve that some of the story elements have happened, but that the devil was and still is in the details and how they are presented!

3. Another thing that I question is why did they open up ATFR2 to the public, after closing ATFR1? With Melissa absent (as per RS), why didn't they just run a live ATFR2 on Tuesday? Could there be another "real" ATFR2 or an ATFR3 to come?

4. This last one is a big one IMHO, and talks directly to ABCs reaction. If what we are hearing now from RS is a true, accurate and complete version of how this will be presented on Monday and Tuesday, it seems like TPTB are imbeciles who can't "hide" their own manipulation, even though they have had weeks to think of a way. This is from people who seem clinically precise in their manipulation when they want to be! Something just doesn't smell right! If things play out this way, it would give an in to the mainstream media to begin questioning the premise of the show and opens up some potential legal problems (not to mention future ratings issues) for ABC.

Put very simply, I just don't believe that on Monday and Tuesday we will see the RS version of events unfold!

So I have taken my position, I have prepared my crow which I promise to eat if I am wrong or, to quote some posters, which I intend to force feed to some others if I am not!
    Hey teegoogles and sunchaserr, read my lips

Actually you just need to read my post above. The issue with RS has always been that he is trying to spin a story that is helping only Fleiss. I don't necessarily disagree with some of the info but that does not exonerate him!

BTW, common knowledge seems to be an euphemism for propaganda!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3356615;
    Hey teegoogles and sunchaserr, read my lips

Actually you just need to read my post above. The issue with RS has always been that he is trying to spin a story that is helping only Fleiss. I don't necessarily disagree with some of the info but that does not exonerate him!

BTW, common knowledge seems to be an euphemism for propaganda!
    Yes, I read your post the *first* time.

I simply do not see how one can look at everything that has been presented - not only by RS but several other sources in the last week - and think that there is any connection between his blogging and any attempt, unintended or otherwise, to "spin a story that is helping only Fleiss." At this point, nothing is going to hurt Fleiss - anything leaked, in a positive or negative light, is only going to add to the hype of Monday night. To me, that's like the control group - that's a given, a constant, and doesn't factor in as a consideration for me. So that leaves the reporting of leaks and inside information as just that. Not about spinning a story for Fleiss, but just about sharing information and speculating about what that information means.

At the very least, for me, all of the rumor-mongering this season has been an awesome social experiment! The writing does seem to be all over every wall, every where I look, but I am repeatedly amused by the ways people try to re-spin the information, create holes where none existed before, or find some "out" so one can still look at RS on Tuesday night and say, "ha! you at least got THIS wrong!" I'm usually at the Survivor boards because I love the psychological aspect of that show, but the craze over here the last few weeks has certainly been a good fix.

And of COURSE, I say this all tongue-in-cheek. Can't wait for Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by teegoogles;3356706;
    Yes, I read your post the *first* time.

I simply do not see how one can look at everything that has been presented - not only by RS but several other sources in the last week - and think that there is any connection between his blogging and any attempt, unintended or otherwise, to "spin a story that is helping only Fleiss." At this point, nothing is going to hurt Fleiss - anything leaked, in a positive or negative light, is only going to add to the hype of Monday night. To me, that's like the control group - that's a given, a constant, and doesn't factor in as a consideration for me. So that leaves the reporting of leaks and inside information as just that. Not about spinning a story for Fleiss, but just about sharing information and speculating about what that information means.

At the very least, for me, all of the rumor-mongering this season has been an awesome social experiment! The writing does seem to be all over every wall, every where I look, but I am repeatedly amused by the ways people try to re-spin the information, create holes where none existed before, or find some "out" so one can still look at RS on Tuesday night and say, "ha! you at least got THIS wrong!" I'm usually at the Survivor boards because I love the psychological aspect of that show, but the craze over here the last few weeks has certainly been a good fix.

And of COURSE, I say this all tongue-in-cheek. Can't wait for Monday!
    And Tuesday - don't forget Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3356539;
    Count me in as one of the Jason and Melissa supporters. I cannot wrap my brain around the allegations that have swung at Jason in all this, by RS and all the others. I don't think Jason is capable of doing it.

I think there will be a shock alright and it will be everyone who has believed these enormous lies when they see Jason and Melissa at the end.