Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you going to watch the finale and ATR..and AATR?

FORT Fogey

Re: Are you going to watch the finale and ATR..and AATR?

NO! Not watching it. No way!

Can't believe they're allowing a child in on this fiasco.

Because of Ty, I will NOT watch!
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMondello;3331431;
    You can all give me the recap. There is no way I'm watching it. I'd rather read a good book.
    I totally agree. No one should watch it and then see what ABC thinks of their ratings.

FORT Fan

Nope ... although I'm TIVOing the season, so I may ff through. "House" is looking like a good alternative right now, along with some college basketball I've been neglecting ... go UCONN!!

Nope, I definitely won't watch it. I can't bear to see someone humiliated. (Even if Melissa knew - and I don't think she did, she'll still be humiliated cause that's their intent. That's what sucks so badly!!!)

I watch one episode a season, at most, so no, I won't see it. I will follow what happens, though -- I'm interested in how it plays out.

I will watch. I love this mindless garbage. I don't feel bad for the participants because they signed up for this. (Except for the kids). I thought Brad's ending was the best and this one has the potential to beat that for me if it is done correctly and not like RS says.

I really don't like people being hurt but I do love the most dramatic Rose Ceremony EVER! LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MissiS;3331687;
    But we don't know how much is true, scripted, planned, and paid for. And now that RS "spilled" almost two weeks early, TPTB have plenty of time to do damage control. The reality is, we'll never truly know how it all went down. It won't stop me from watching the end and next season, MINUS the speculation. The hate and drama about things we don't really know to be false/true is a little too much. I'm not going to focus my own energy on such things. I will keep watching... taking nothing at face value, for sure. If Melissa was an innocent victim in this whole mess, I do feel bad for her. (if she's true, she is my favorite) However, I have to question the character of anyone who still applies to be on this show, with its horrible track record and the puppet master producers, to find "love". She set herself up for the fall...
    So let me get this: TV now, in order to entertain, has to have bad or damaged people doing bad things...or we have to have gullible people set up for a fall? Not my kind of TV. Look I watch for fun, and for the dynamics and even the drama. I agree people go on and to some extent assume the risk. I never expect a love story from a 6 week lust a thon. But I don't ever want the show to be cruel, to deliberately set up hurt. Sorry I don't stop and look at car wrecks. If that's the case it's crossed the Rubicon and I won't be back.

I probably will watch the finale and the beginning of the ATFR but I probably won't watch the whole thing, kind of like last year. I watched the finale just to see if it was true that she picked that idiot over Jason and the beginning of the after show to see her explain herself to Jason and then shut it off when Jesse came out because I couldn't stand him. IF the rumors are true and Melissa is brought out on stage completely unsuspecting, like a lamb to the slaughter, I don't think that can be called "entertainment". Sadistic and cruel? Yep. Entertaining? Not for me. And I was NEVER a fan of her. I'd feel the same about any of the girls, past and present. Even Megan and Kirsten (from Andrew's season) and they were the worst of the worst in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by honeysbaby;3331479;
    I am going to watch the finale and the After's, but I will probably not watch the next season if the rumors are true. It would be a waste of my time to watch something that is "fake" when ABC is saying it is "reality". HA!
    My feelings as well. Since the show has been given the greenlight to continue producing it's romantic reality show I doubt that I will be interested in it's future. Last time Jesse, and this time Molly (doubt that will last 3 months) I have lost complete interest in watching.

Jillian is a fool if she accepts (but I doubt that she will) the Bachelorette.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fan

I'll watch. I just have to see if they are cruel and mean as RS indicates. If so, this will be my last season.

Maybe the reason they have not announced a new Bachelorette yet is that they feel that this may kill the show.
    I know that have said it will not be a recycled contestant and after this season, if RS is truly correct, there shouldn't be any girl signing up. The only ones that would sign up are those that want television exposure.