Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to watch the finale and ATR..and AATR?

FORT Fanatic

Re: Are you going to watch the finale and ATR..and AATR?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3355721;
    I've never taken this show as seriously as many of you. It's been crystal clear since Bob's season that it isn't about love, romance or finding a "soulmate". It's about drama, characters, shock & ratings.
    I admit, I watch it to laugh & shake my head at the behavior of the "characters". Wake UP! Most of them aren't there to find love. They are there to be on TV. Some are hoping for entertainment exposure, or to promote their business ventures (like Brad). I figure they are setting themselves up to be used & laughed at, so why not? We all know & expect them to not really be together by the time the show finishes airing. Come on now, admit it.
    But this season, it went a little too far. Setting that poor girl up from the beginning to be humiliated on National TV (in a "special", no less) is just a little to rancid for me. I just don't care to watch it this time.
    I'm with you, Scarlet, but what if she wasn't set up? As despicable as the premise to this show is ( 25 women fawning over some guy they all supposedly want to marry), it's entirely possible that the characters are cast along those lines and allow themselves to be used. I hope it all comes out some day.

Reader more than poster Kacey253's Avatar

This season is done for me. I won't be watching Monday or Tuesday night. I have believed RS all along plus the other credible posters with similar info. I didn't want it to be true but it made too much sense. I don't need to see Melissa's humilation 'with my own eyes'. I'm disgusted.

I taped the View and couldn't even get through more than the first minute with Jason. So...I'm done with Jason's 'journey' and I'm done with the francise. As much as I liked what I saw of Jillian, its not enough to get me to ever watch again.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
    Dalai Lama

IF I WATCH... IT WILL BE using online TV ... I REFUSE to give MoFo his ratings !!!

FORT Fanatic

I am going to go out on a limb here and venture to say that Monday and Tuesdays shows will be the highest rated Bachelor shows ever. Everyone saying they wont watch those two shows are kidding themselves. Admit it, you just have to watch. It's like not turning your head as you pass the crashsite. You dont want to look, but you have to. It is human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3356016;
    I am going to go out on a limb here and venture to say that Monday and Tuesdays shows will be the highest rated Bachelor shows ever. Everyone saying they wont watch those two shows are kidding themselves. Admit it, you just have to watch. It's like not turning your head as you pass the crashsite. You dont want to look, but you have to. It is human nature.
    Sadly, that's true. I'm at least going to DVR it so I don't see the commercials (the litttle way of making myself feel better.) I hope against hope that something is wrong with all the reporting and I've been punked and Jason and Mel's wedding will air at the AFR2. LOL
    However, I almost didn't watch this season (my husband laughed at me because I broke my vow and watched anyway) but next season? I am done. And this time, I mean it. Hey I could've been watching "House Hunters" on HGTV instead!

FORT Fan

I will watch because I have invested so much this season. I have not watched as many as a lot of you---Andrew Firestone & Andy Baldwin. Those 2 Bachelor's picked my favorite. But even then, I disliked the editing---making us think it could be either of two girls. I wanted to see more with "the one". Then I watched The Bachelorette with Deanna. I had never heard of Fliess until then. I never knew there was scripting until then. I did not know that being tricked was something some viewers enjoyed. I vowed never to watch again.

I only watched this time because it was Jason (would have watched it it was Jeremy). I have never heard of Reality Steve until a few weeks ago. I REALLY wish I had not wasted that much time.

Even though I adore Jillian (as well as most of the girls on this season), I will not watch again. Now I know that it's not real!

I'm so disappointed and so sad for Mel. I wish there were a way to know how she is. Hope she gets a great guy who treats her fabulously

Quote Originally Posted by MissiS;3331548;
    I never see "love story in the making" when watching this show. It's pure mindless entertainment.
    I second that. I never watch for the "love story" (the last one I remember was Byron & Mary)...it's to see who is F1 and then to see if they make it in the real world.

I just hope they quit picking Bach's like Deanna & Jason. These two never impressed me when they were contestants and both seemed to disappoint on their own shows.

If Jillian is truly the next Bachelorette then I will definitely watch b/c she rocks. I would not like to see Melissa as the Bachelorette...I loved her on the DCC show & wanted her to go far in this show but hate the fact that she will be humiliated. I hope she will be OK though; she is a great person who deserves better than "damaged goods" (Jason).

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3356016;
    Not this time. What they did was foul. Even too foul for a cynic & Bachelor laugher like me. I know what happens & suspect what their spin will be. I just don't care to witness it.

As to the next time ... you're probably right. By that time I'll be ready to make fun of what a fool & media whore Jillian is to be getting involved with this show again, & I'll be waiting for the tools & fools.

Yes Im going to watch. So when it doesnt go down exactly as BS says I can nail him for it. Deanna asks for a second chance? Im doubting that. And when has the other girls besides the F1 and F2 been on the atfr? And if Melissa was upset when she first came out then I quess she wasnt blindsided. She knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresaterri;3356327;
    Yes Im going to watch. So when it doesnt go down exactly as BS says I can nail him for it. Deanna asks for a second chance? Im doubting that. And when has the other girls besides the F1 and F2 been on the atfr? And if Melissa was upset when she first came out then I quess she wasnt blindsided. She knew.
    The other ladies were at the ATFR2, not ATFR. There was no audience at all for that one.