Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: POST FRC - Comings and Goings

Re: POST FRC - Comings and Goings

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3324060;
    Sorry, probably should place this in the RS thread - but, what if the unprecedented event at the FRC is Jason rescinding his proposal. They could have since worked out their problems, discovered they really do love each other enough to become "engaged" again; or not.
    Yes, thank you Arielflies....the RS theories should go over to that thread..... to keep this thread organized on 'Post Events, Dates and Sources Only'.

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3324011;
    UPDATES FROM OUR CURRENT POSTS SO FAR:

Jan 5-12: Jason does round of interviews with media: Interesting "glitches" on Kimmel, Ellen, and Bonnie Hunt - SOURCE:
    Stupid question, but what does the bolded mean?? Something wrong with the interview?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

Quote Originally Posted by mommadeb;3324256;
    Stupid question, but what does the bolded mean?? Something wrong with the interview?
    It was pretty much Jason's body language, facial expressions, and responses to their questions in these interviews.
    He basically gave away that Melissa was the one he chose (at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3324269;
    It was pretty much Jason's body language, facial expressions, and responses to their questions in these interviews.
    He basically gave away that Melissa was the one he chose (at the time).
    Thanks Ryvetted. That's what I thought, but wanted to be certain. I did catch, on Bonnie I believe, when she mentioned Jason, he had to pause and I noticed he looked over to the right of him before he answered. Was that in Bonnie's interview??

FORT Fogey

Bachelor With Tyke Appeal Restores Show’s Luster
    A few television seasons ago Mike Fleiss, creator and producer of “The Bachelor,” believed the show was “winding down.” No more magazine covers on the bachelor and his rose-draped choices, very little buzz except among the dwindling number of rabid fans.

The numbers are no longer dwindling; the magazines are hungry again for “Bachelor” news; and in its 17th iteration (counting “Bachelorette” editions) ABC’s longest-running reality series is an indisputable hit again.

The show is up about 2.5 million viewers from last season, and with more than 11 million viewers a week, it is reaching its biggest audience in five years.

The reason for the surge is surely this edition’s bachelor, Jason Mesnick. What’s he got that some previous hunky heroes (a football player, an actor, a doctor, a “global financier”) didn’t? A little boy. (Ty is 3 years old.)

The single-dad factor has made the divorced Mr. Mesnick appealing on a different level — the nurturing level. “He seems more mature, ready for a real relationship,” Mr. Fleiss said in a telephone interview. Maybe he will actually marry the woman to whom he hands the final rose, which would complete the show’s implied promise of perfect romantic fantasy.

But the other reason Mr. Mesnick, described on the show as an account executive for an estate-planning business, seems to have clicked is that the show’s fans are familiar with him. He wound up the hard-luck loser in the show’s last “Bachelorette” edition, when, after he got down on a knee to propose, he was thrown over in favor of Jesse Csincsak, a professional snowboarder.

Mr. Fleiss noted that the show had developed a kind of “ongoing thread” beginning with “Bachelor” 11, when a bar owner, Brad Womack, violated the rules by winnowing the field to the final two contestants (“F2” in fan parlance) — and then rejecting both.

One of the jilted women, DeAnna Pappas, became the next “Bachelorette” and made what most fans considered a monumental blunder by choosing Mr. Csincsak over Mr. Mesnick. Now Mr. Mesnick is back to stitch up his wounded heart with Molly, Jillian or Melissa. One of them will be dumped Monday night, and the remaining two will appear in a three-hour finale (including the traditional “After the Final Rose” recap) next week.

Mr. Fleiss promises that the finale will leave fans hyperventilating. “It’s insane, honestly,” he said. “It’s Chayefsky-esque,” he added, referring to the screenwriter Paddy Chayefsky. “The last hour is pure ‘Network.’ ”

As in the movie “Network,” written by Chayefsky, in which an anchorman loses his mind and viewers start screaming out their windows?

“I don’t mean it’s like his writing,” Mr. Fleiss said. “I mean in the freakishness of it.”

This will be welcome news to ardent followers of “The Bachelor.” Internet boards devoted to the show are filled with intricate analyses of every kiss, touch and longing glance.

One poster, with the tag “hooked on absurdity,” put it this way: “The sad but very pathetic fact of the matter is that I haven’t even seen an entire episode this season (I usually just tune into the last few minutes to see who stays) and I can NOT, NOT, NOT tear myself away from this crack!”

Mr. Mesnick seems to have had a similar effect on many viewers. The strength of “The Bachelor” this season is even more impressive because it had been surviving for a couple of years only as a satellite of the far more successful ABC reality competition “Dancing With the Stars.”

This season ABC sent “The Bachelor” out on its own, and into the most competitive night on television, against hits like “House,” “Two and a Half Men” and “Heroes.” While it has yet to top the first two in viewers, the audience for “The Bachelor” has grown almost every week. ABC is so encouraged by the show’s performance that it has scheduled a second “After the Final Rose” special for Feb. 24, the better to cover all the late-breaking developments, Mr. Fleiss said.
    And there will be more. “We’re working on picking the ‘Bachelorette’ for this summer’s series,” he said.

Bet on whoever goes roseless on the next two episodes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry to jump in late, but just what kind of post FRC development are we talking about? Am I the only one that noticed this? If they are already engaged, what else do they need to do?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Sorry to double post, but I can't get the Edit to work. I meant to say when Bonnie mentioned Melissa (not Jason)

What's up with the date of February 24th?? Is that just a very bad typo???? And Bloomers, I still say that somehow, someway, there has already been a wedding. I know they aren't going to say it in their interview or that would spoil the whole outcome. But that is what I am leaning towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3324285;

ABC is so encouraged by the show’s performance that it has scheduled a second “After the Final Rose” special for Feb. 24, the better to cover all the late-breaking developments, Mr. Fleiss said.
    And there will be more. “We’re working on picking the ‘Bachelorette’ for this summer’s series,” he said.

Bet on whoever goes roseless on the next two episodes. [/I]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry to jump in late, but just what kind of post FRC development are we talking about? Am I the only one that noticed this? If they are already engaged, what else do they need to do?
    Was that a typo by them? They can't have the 2nd ATFR the day after the WTA airs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3324321;
    Was that a typo by them? They can't have the 2nd ATFR the day after the WTA airs!
    Per ABCMedianet and the press release, it will be aired March 3.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mommadeb;3324298;
    What's up with the date of February 24th?? Is that just a very bad typo???? And Bloomers, I still say that somehow, someway, there has already been a wedding. I know they aren't going to say it in their interview or that would spoil the whole outcome. But that is what I am leaning towards.

If it was just a wedding, don't you think they could have mentioned that on the first ATFR? How long would that have taken?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan