Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by amy4bama;3334285;
    OK here is why I think I don't care for Molly (probably not the place for it but putting it here anyway). I can't relate to her I don't think because she does not seem like an "emotional" type person - just like the thing about her parents not sitting close to each other. I am very emotional sometimes too emotional. I think we all connect with people that are similar to us.

Also I think the fact that I am from the south the way she talks gets on my nerves (as I would probably get on her nerves).

And her eyes that Jason keeps talking about well I personally think her eyes are kinda "buggy". Now I'm not picking on her because I'm sure she is a nice person but that is just why I don't click with her.
    ITA with your whole post. And for what it's worth, I'm from the north and the way she talks gets on my nerves too!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;3334149;
    That's why I am so puzzled. If they wanted to play out this little drama, why not make Molly nice. Why give her the snooty, overly confident edit? If Melissa was the snooty one and Molly nice, wouldn't that make more sense?

They purposely showed us a personality for Molly that isn't appealing. (May be the real Molly!)

They showed us sweet Melissa and wonderful Jillian and then give us a happy ending with the mean girl?

They are clever with their editing and can paint people any old way.

Why?
    I'm bothered at times by the edits given to certain people, and why they don't seem at first blush to fit the end result, but we have to remember that editing can do many things but it can't change the basic appearance, personality or mannerisms of that person. They haven't been able to make Jason a brilliant conversationalist, so they just show him kissing when he runs out of things to say.
    Another case in point...ABC worked hard to make Jesse a fast living, daring choice for DeAnna but people were still disappointed because we can't get past the fact that "professional snowboarder" isn't a serious job, the guy is short, and he's kind of a dull squish (apologies to all 3 of Jesse's fans - honestly I think he's a great guy but NOT leading man material).
    Fast forward to B13: there's not much warm or particularly likable about Molly except she's good looking, confident, and well, Jason definitely likes her. Who knows why, how many times have we anguished over our best friends falling for someone when we just couldn't see the attraction? But ABC is stuck because he digs her.
    Marrying him off to the cold fish would be the worst story ever - boring guy picks boring girl. So they do two things:
    Have him choose the ultra-sweet Melissa, perennial dumpee, and then dump her on national TV.
    Paint Molly in the best light possible - cool, confident, easy to bag but harder to get....the right kind of villianess to steal the affections of the naive former boy next door Bachelor.
    It's great theater, or at least the best they could do with what they had to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by G.G.;3334280;
    I do have a step-brother who is in the biz...but would never ask him anything (or at the very least, would never post anything he told me.)
    But G.G.! You have a responsibility to ask and to post! That is a sleuther's mission in life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3334262;
    No, it doesn't seem normal to me. Neither did her list. Everything that girl says sounds scripted to me. For so much of that date they sat there awkwardly, and then out pops this ominous question. It was ridiculous.
    I thought the list of questions was very normal. She asked questions that normally come up through the course of dating. In this situation, however, they don't have all of the normal circumstances that people who date in the real world have. So are you saying that it isn't normal to know someone's favorite food, ice cream, what time they wake up in the morning, etc?
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3334314;
    I thought the list of questions was very normal. She asked questions that normally come up through the course of dating. In this situation, however, they don't have all of the normal circumstances that people who date in the real world have. So are you saying that it isn't normal to know someone's favorite food, ice cream, what time they wake up in the morning, etc?

I thought that was an odd scene. I now think was scripted to stop casual conversation that might require a bit of acting.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3334310;
    I'm bothered at times by the edits given to certain people, and why they don't seem at first blush to fit the end result, but we have to remember that editing can do many things but it can't change the basic appearance, personality or mannerisms of that person. They haven't been able to make Jason a brilliant conversationalist, so they just show him kissing when he runs out of things to say.
    Another case in point...ABC worked hard to make Jesse a fast living, daring choice for DeAnna but people were still disappointed because we can't get past the fact that "professional snowboarder" isn't a serious job, the guy is short, and he's kind of a dull squish (apologies to all 3 of Jesse's fans - honestly I think he's a great guy but NOT leading man material).
    Fast forward to B13: there's not much warm or particularly likable about Molly except she's good looking, confident, and well, Jason definitely likes her. Who knows why, how many times have we anguished over our best friends falling for someone when we just couldn't see the attraction? But ABC is stuck because he digs her.
    Marrying him off to the cold fish would be the worst story ever - boring guy picks boring girl. So they do two things:
    Have him choose the ultra-sweet Melissa, perennial dumpee, and then dump her on national TV.
    Paint Molly in the best light possible - cool, confident, easy to bag but harder to get....the right kind of villianess to steal the affections of the naive former boy next door Bachelor.
    It's great theater, or at least the best they could do with what they had to work with.
    Great theater, but Jason is left with egg on his face and the viewers seething he rejected sweet Melissa.....in the worst way possible. He could have let her go and kept someone tough around as F2. Like, maybe Lauren? But nooooooo....they had to make it as shocking and offensive as possible.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3334314;
    Okay, so never mind the list. The what if you choose the wrong girl? [/I]was odd. Because obviously she doesn't think she's the wrong girl. It was almost a way of saying wink wink.....if you don't choose me you can give it a try later, because you know it's me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3334311;
    But G.G.! You have a responsibility to ask and to post! That is a sleuther's mission in life!!!
    Hahahahahaha...I prefer to save my favors. Like maybe for an introduction to Matt Damon when his marriage goes belly-up.

(And no, I don't really wish for his marriage to go belly-up...but if it did, I could help pick up the pieces!)

Quote Originally Posted by G.G.;3334322;
    Hahahahahaha...I prefer to save my favors. Like maybe for an introduction to Matt Damon when his marriage goes belly-up.

(And no, I don't really wish for his marriage to go belly-up...but if it did, I could help pick up the pieces!)

“When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3334310;
    I had been trying to give Molly the benefit of the doubt and blame her lack of appeal to me on her edit, but you are probably correct. And I have long felt that Jesse was edited poorly because they felt his appearance (dull squish indeed) wouldn't appeal to the largely female audience. I wonder if they are prepared for the backlash or even care.