Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

  1. #9511
    Reality TV doesn't exist theRealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Skeptical Island
    Posts
    506

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3333288;
    Just wanted to add in all the hoopla that we should expect an edited ATFR1 and ATFR2.
    What this means is not every thing you see will be factual and be the way it is shown.
    They will take expressions out of context. They will take statements out of context. They will splice words into sentences that never happened.
    They may even show people in an audience that does not exist.
    Look for the man that is hiding behind the curtain here, too. He does exist and will be spinning his magic.
    If you think you are going to get the real story here--think again, there are truths that may never be told.
    No truer statement!

    After this new piece information, they are really going to chop the heck out the FRC too. Wonder if they will totally reverse the girl's edits (except the proposal, of course) now that everyone knows the backstory.

  2. #9512
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    31

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    I am not sure if you found the answer yet, but the screen cap of them in their tuxes was from the very first episode. Jason was talking to Ty about there being a couple more things that he had to do. You can see it on youtube.

  3. #9513
    FORT Regular Carefree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    117

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3330817;
    my spidey senses tell me she knew everything before she left NZ.

    So cameras roll - Jason proposes, Melissa feels like she is on top of the world, and then when the cameras are shut off he says by the way I am not really into you. I love Molly but these evil producers are standing in the way of my true love. You don't mind do you?

    Sorry grave yard humor

    I do hope that Melissa was in on it. Then I won't feel like she was hurt and betrayed. The PTB will still have no morals, but what is new about that.

  4. #9514
    FORT Fogey glowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,271

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3333300;
    This relates to the bolded statement, isn't that considered real estate? That sounds like to me anyway.
    Land sounds like real estate. Maybe she is a sales rep for something other than food and beverage. Could have sworn I read the second, but land is fine too.

    I am not sure I know what a Land and Marketing sales rep is. Oh well, I would think whether she selling to restaurants or selling to the general public, her cute personality helps make her a success.

  5. #9515
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3333288;
    Just wanted to add in all the hoopla that we should expect an edited ATFR1 and ATFR2.
    What this means is not every thing you see will be factual and be the way it is shown.
    They will take expressions out of context. They will take statements out of context. They will splice words into sentences that never happened.
    They may even show people in an audience that does not exist.
    Look for the man that is hiding behind the curtain here, too. He does exist and will be spinning his magic.
    If you think you are going to get the real story here--think again, there are truths that may never be told.
    Exactly. They already dub and place VO or PI's out of context.

    I bet they will try and do fake drama for the WTA.

  6. #9516
    ... Ryvetted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;3333318;
    That is all very true but the truth is that you are watching Jason as the bachelor every monday because he has an adorable, young son. My opinion was in response to the idea that Tye should have been left out of certain parts of this process. That wasn't going to happen because Tye is the main reason Jason is the bachelor to begin with.

    By the way you can google Jon and Kate plus 8 and find a lot of talk about the exploitation of those kids. I love that show, by the way. Alexis is my favorite

    BabyfaceC
    babyface, I always like your posts.
    And yep, Ty was the "gimmick".
    Jason wasn't even near Bachelor material without the sympathy he received for that very reason of being a single dad.

  7. #9517
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Someone who claims to know Molly (sounds like a sorority sister from college) is posting comments over in Steve's blog. This could be damage control but it's interesting. I wish I could paste them in here but you'll have to go over there and read them yourself -- and decide for yourself. Look for comments from Kate (use "control-f" to find kate with your browser, makes it much easier).

    The general idea is that Molly was told Jason ended his engagement to Melissa because he needed more time to make his decision. She knew he was still seeing Melissa. It wasn't until the ATFR taping that she learned he was ending the engagement that night. Molly and Jason are not engaged yet. For whatever reason Molly is still in love with Jason and she is very happy. Kate is surprised by this because "If you knew her ex you would think she would have nothing to do with this, but apparently she got sucked in."

  8. #9518
    addison h.
    Guest

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    in watching these interviews with Kimmel and Ellen i've come to a serious realization, and that is "talented people are better" - seriously God bless the Kimmels and Ellens of the world, and I'm all for kicking the "jasons" to the curb

  9. #9519
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    21

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by G.G.;3333316;
    Heh - when you're wrong as often as I am, you become adept at the art of admitting it. Heck my name here on the FORT used to be GrammarGoddess and I made THE most embarrassing faux pas on a thread back in the same. I was so mortified (not about being wrong, but that I should have known it was wrong as I was typing it) that I voluntarily stripped myself of my goddess-ness. Hence, I am now simply...G.G.
    Too funny G.G.

    Hey, for you sluthers. Someone said that Jason (?) has an interview tomorrow on EW or something like that. Does anyone know if he was already booked on that show or if it has come up since this story leaked out?

  10. #9520
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3333340;
    babyface, I always like your posts.
    And yep, Ty was the "gimmick".
    Jason wasn't even near Bachelor material without the sympathy he received for that very reason of being a single dad.
    There's also the fact that a lot of people thought Jason was a bit sympathetic because some chick kicked him to the curb in the middle of a nationally-televised proposal-attempt. I don't think it was JUST that he has a pretty cute kid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.