Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

  1. #9501
    FORT Regular momto4QTs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    90

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;3333276;
    But if he REALLY wanted to leave his son out of it he would have insisted that they not show his son on TV or allow him to be a part of the process. The only reason Jason was allowed to be the bachelor was under the premise that his son be a part of the show.

    When they selected Jason as the bachelor I posted on FORT that though he is probably a good guy he is only the bachelor because of his cute son. We all knew going into this that Tye was going to be a main character on this season. If Jason was considering his son first, he wouldn't have put him on prime-time, national tv in order to serve his own "quest for love". He would have protected his sons' annonymity (sp?) and found "true love" like the rest of the world does.

    BabyfaceC
    I have to disagree. I was a single parent for a while and even though in a perfect world all of us single parents leave our child out of the dating scene, it is not realistic. I am not saying that I drove around on Friday nights cruising for my next baby daddy. What I AM saying is that finding the right person involves knowing how they interact with your child. I think that the times he has had Ty on the show has been tasteful and to Ty it is probably no more than thinking they are shooting home videos. His [Ty's] mom was in a music video so I am thinking the whole television scene is not new to this family. There are tons of shows on TLC that are filming people's children constantly (ie John and Kate plus 8), but no one is reaming her out for having her children on television. She has stated that she loves the idea of their children's lives being documented for the future. If Jason ends up being the scum that RS says he is, then hey, I will be on here with the rest of ya bashing the guy. For right now, though, he has not done anything that is going to leave mental scars on Ty. In the upcoming footage, he introduces him to the two women as "My friend ______". He is not saying "heres your new step momma kid-deal with it". Parents, even single ones, should be allowed to introduce their children to people without the worry that the rest of the world will raise an eyebrow at their actions.

  2. #9502
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by partypunch;3333169;
    Didn't Melissa say on her FD with Jason while on the Catamaran that her degree was in Finance or am I imagining that? Her old job was Land and Marketing wasn't it? I'm not sure exactly what that means...but i'm not sure if she's just a "sales rep" then again who the heck knows LOL. I'm not ready to skewer Molly just yet...I mean how can we when we don't know her involvment in this whole scheme. It's shady..but you know what Jason can be probably very manipulative. I'm not saying she has no blame..but for now at least Jason is the oinker for me.
    This relates to the bolded statement, isn't that considered real estate? That sounds like to me anyway.

  3. #9503
    Reality TV doesn't exist theRealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Skeptical Island
    Posts
    506

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3333285;
    Fleiss is so stupid. Honestly -- if he wanted to present a never before seen Bachelor (most dramatic, blah, blah...all about the ratings...blah), then HE SHOULD HAVE SHOWN US THE LOVE STORY BETWEEN JASON AND MOLLY AND FOLLOWED UP WITH A PROPOSAL AND WEDDING! Oh wait, he did that with Trista and Ryan, and guess what? We still love that installment. Ugh. He just doesn't get it. How does he live with himself?

    Don't get me wrong. I know this is just a show, but if there's the slightest chance of someone actually finding love in such a weird fish bowl, then for the love of pete let 'em have it. sheesh. Now where's that bottle of wine I started last night.....
    I always enjoy readying your posts.

  4. #9504
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    21

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by G.G.;3333290;
    Thanks for keeping me honest! : ) I hadn't looked at any of the actual captured screenshots but instead was working from memory on my now-deleted Tivo'd episodes.

    I'm still thinking I remember something where Ty was running, with his tux jacket on. I could be wrong of course.

    G.G. maybe we were both watching the same thing. I swear I remember a tux...but if this is the pictures from the clip from tv, then I was wrong. At least we can admit when we are wrong.

  5. #9505
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    40

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    [QUOTE=addison h.;3333292;]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3333260;

    I'm watching it now. And I'm so torn.

    I totally buy what RS said, and it's just totally skewed me.

    Had I seen this weeks ago I would have thought "oh he's so adorable". Now I see it and think "wow he's a douchebag" and he just thinks he's soooo smooth.

    ICK.
    Can you tell me where to find it? TYIA

  6. #9506
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Even if this was not a set-up they could not make Jason go out and break up with Mel on national tv. Yes, there may be a script, and yes, a lot is scripted and they do sign, but they can't make him do something he does not want to do, especially when it could cause harm to another person. For example, they can't make Jason look in the camera and say I wish someone would kill my neighbor and bomb a building. And, if, for some crazy reason, someone drew up a crazy enough contract that did stipulate this then Jason and his lawyer are both idiots for signing.

    Regardless, the point here is that Jason went on TV and broke up with a girl he FREAKING asked to marry him. That is the low of the low. If he was seeing molly behind mel's back then jason should be shot. If this is what happens then I am beyond finished with this show and jason's fake 'oh, i care about everyone and im a great guy.'
    Done and Done.

  7. #9507
    Reformed Perfectionist G.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Lake Wildwood, CA
    Posts
    923

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MIMIforMel;3333306;
    G.G. maybe we were both watching the same thing. I swear I remember a tux...but if this is the pictures from the clip from tv, then I was wrong. At least we can admit when we are wrong.
    Heh - when you're wrong as often as I am, you become adept at the art of admitting it. Heck my name here on the FORT used to be GrammarGoddess and I made THE most embarrassing faux pas on a thread back in the same. I was so mortified (not about being wrong, but that I should have known it was wrong as I was typing it) that I voluntarily stripped myself of my goddess-ness. Hence, I am now simply...G.G.

  8. #9508
    addison h.
    Guest

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    [QUOTE=jesmecub;3333309;]
    Quote Originally Posted by addison h.;3333292;

    Can you tell me where to find it? TYIA
    youtube jason mesnick jimmy kimmel

    I'm watching the ellen interview with him now. God he's impressed with himself.

  9. #9509
    FORT Fanatic babyfaceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    750

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by momto4QTs;3333298;
    I have to disagree. I was a single parent for a while and even though in a perfect world all of us single parents leave our child out of the dating scene, it is not realistic. I am not saying that I drove around on Friday nights cruising for my next baby daddy. What I AM saying is that finding the right person involves knowing how they interact with your child. I think that the times he has had Ty on the show has been tasteful and to Ty it is probably no more than thinking they are shooting home videos. His [Ty's] mom was in a music video so I am thinking the whole television scene is not new to this family. There are tons of shows on TLC that are filming people's children constantly (ie John and Kate plus 8), but no one is reaming her out for having her children on television. She has stated that she loves the idea of their children's lives being documented for the future. If Jason ends up being the scum that RS says he is, then hey, I will be on here with the rest of ya bashing the guy. For right now, though, he has not done anything that is going to leave mental scars on Ty. In the upcoming footage, he introduces him to the two women as "My friend ______". He is not saying "heres your new step momma kid-deal with it". Parents, even single ones, should be allowed to introduce their children to people without the worry that the rest of the world will raise an eyebrow at their actions.

    That is all very true but the truth is that you are watching Jason as the bachelor every monday because he has an adorable, young son. My opinion was in response to the idea that Tye should have been left out of certain parts of this process. That wasn't going to happen because Tye is the main reason Jason is the bachelor to begin with.

    By the way you can google Jon and Kate plus 8 and find a lot of talk about the exploitation of those kids. I love that show, by the way. Alexis is my favorite

    BabyfaceC

  10. #9510
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3333187;
    *********
    I think it depends on who you talk to. Bear with me as I'm trying to recall the exact sequence of conversations.
    I spoke with someone in Seattle who said he knew Jason. He told me that things were not going well; Jason was having second thoughts because Melissa was high strung or something to that effect.
    About that time I heard from someone who knew Melissa, confirmed that the deal had gone bad, and that she was looking for an apartment (which I took to mean in Dallas, not Seattle, and the way they said it was ominous).
    A few days after that, I spoke with someone connected with the show - they confirmed the trouble in paradise rumor, and said there was much, much more going on. I then reported the quote that I'm too lazy to go back and look up, but it was something like, "depending on who you are, you will be shocked, surprised, elated, disappointed, etc. by the ending."
    Maybe a week later, I spoke with the guy in Seattle again. He told me that it was over with Melissa, and that Jason was "with the other one now."
    I guessed that "the other one" meant Molly, and took that to someone who knows everything about the show. They confirmed the breakup and that he was with Molly.
    Over the next week or so, I learned that the ATFR had already been filmed, that it's purpose was to allow Jason to break up on national TV, that the film crew had seen the chemistry with Molly from the start, that Jason had seen Molly while engaged to Melissa, and that Melissa had been seen at a party with her old boyfriend.
    Other people were on to the same basic facts, which were coming out in bits and pieces, so I retreated to the sidelines. I think RS knows more than I do so I don't doubt what he says, but he goes further with the conspiracy theory than I can because I honestly don't know anything more than what I've outlined above.
    Hope this helps...as always, don't shoot the messenger.
    Thanks for the info.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.