Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom;3332168;
    Exactly, I really had no negative opinion of Molly throughout the show. I was hoping for Melissa, but if that's who Jason wanted, fine. It's how it was done.
    And I think that goes to the heart of RS's entire theme of "It's not the who, it's the how."

Look, none of us know with 100% certainty what happened. We weren't there, we weren't at ABC meetings, etc. It's quite possible RS was fed bad info for some nutty reason. But it all fits, IMO. The problem is it'd be insane to actually expect the "true story" from ABC or the show. Chris H. feeds us what the network and producers want us to believe. As others have said, he's a company man through and through. So unless people start copping to this or some rag gets digging and turns up hard evidence, we won't know for sure the timeline and all details.

The main questions in my mind are which of the girls, if any, knew of it. I'd be wondering about Melissa if she turns out to be Bachelorette 5, so I hope if she wasn't in the know, she runs from that "opportunity." I know some people are upset about the bad comments about Jason and how people are quick to turn on him, but you have to remember that there were some people who didn't like Jason from the get go and sensed something very fake and insincere about him dating back to last year. That doesn't yet mean those of us who thought that were/are necessarily right, but not everyone thought he was a "good guy."

Beyond that, as others mentioned, if he does get engaged to Molly in the end, regardless of whether any of the sordid parts of RS's info is true, what exactly does that say about a man who proposes to three different women in the span of roughly 9 months? Does that not send up red flags that something isn't exactly "right" there?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3332158;
    I don't know that. I am sorry.

RS revealed that Jason was seeing both of them (with the help of ABC). I knew about the long visit between Melissa and Jason, so when the post came out suggesting that they had only seen each other a couple of days, I felt like I needed to correct that assumption by showing that he did have time with her to get to know her and for them to bond.
    Just because he was seeing both of them doesn't mean each girl wasn't aware of the situation. They may have all agreed to a "Charlie" arrangement after the FRC when Jason started having second thoughts about his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip00;3332272;
    Just because he was seeing both of them doesn't mean each girl wasn't aware of the situation. They may have all agreed to a "Charlie" arrangement after the FRC when Jason started having second thoughts about his choice.
    If that is truly the case, then he shouldn't have proposed to anyone to begin with!

FORT Newbie

Hi all,

I've watched RS videos and read hundreds of posts,as Im sure you all have,so i wont reiterate the opinions I have of the show right now.

Be that as it may,I think that this finale(if it plays out as such) symbolizes something thats been coming for awhile...the beginning of the end of reality TV.Lets face it,most of the "star" shows are in double digit seasons and are waning. Im not saying that the basic talent type show will cease to exist,but the majority of the finding love/winning fame/etc shows have grown stale,and I think that the "reality craze" of this decade is coming to an end.

Case in point,this season's finale...producers of these shows are going back to "scriptwriting" and "sweeps moves" that exist in fictional drama,because after all,REAL people dont always put on the DRAMA that they want! The downfall of this is that these PTB ARE using "real people" and its not going to go over as well with the audience as it would on say,Friends/Greys Anatomy/etc etc etc.

I remember a few years ago when there was a reality show(cant remember the station or name,sorry) in which an idividuals parents matched them up with someone,nd then the couple spent time getting to know each other,then being engaged,etc. Well,at the finale,both of the final couples ended up jilted at the alter on national TV.Im sure the network thought it would bring great ratings,but I remember the outrage online was palpable.There's only so much you can jerk with human emotion.

I'm not saying that Melissa may or may not be a part of this latest ploy-what I am saying is that if this type of mnipultion continues,one day,someone's going to be driven too far,and they're going to have a mess on there hands.

Reality TV was funny and fresh when it came out,but I think the time has come for the big wage earners in Hollywood to earn their paychecks nd start writing new fictional dramas to engage people in.

This is my two cents,for what its worth.

FORT Regular

IF RS has it right and there was collusion between TPTB and Jason, I will seriously have to rethink my judgment of other Bachelor's -- mainly Brad. It seems to me that Brad came to his decision honestly and was demonized for it.

If Jason got engaged to Melissa and dated Molly simultaneously, that alone is enough for me to say that he's the worst bachelor ever. In my book, being engaged means being monogamous -- not, I want to marry you but I'm still going to date around in case someone better comes along. If there was a scheme behind it (between Jason and TPTB) that just makes it worse. And for him to then humiliate Melissa in a very public way makes him lower than whatever pond scum feeds off of.

My question is about Jason's motivation. What does he get from it other than being forever known as a low-down dirty b@$TURD? Why would he set this example for his child that he is so concerned about? Could ABC really pay enough money to buy his dignity?

IF the info from RS is correct, I hope Jason ends up old and alone with an STD for which there is no cure. That's how mad I am!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3332269;
    If he can see Molly secretly and privately he could have had the decency to let Melissa know privately before it happened.
    Of course he could have let her know privately. The idea that he couldn't is ridiculous. He could have bluffed his way throught the ATFR and done it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3332266;
    No! But let's think about this with a little common sense. They are under contract, and they are both highly recognizable. Other Bach/ettes have said how they looked forward to being able to go out in public together (after the airing of the FRC).
    The Bach/ette meet and stay somewhere in California (I know that one - at least this time).
    Somebody pays for their traveling expenses and for where they stay during their visits. Somebody also has to help them get there w/o people recognizing them.
    Who does this? The answer has to be people from ABC.

Now, if Jason has taken back up with Molly, are we to assume that he broke off with Melissa (on Jan. 18th) without seeing Molly at all since the filming of the FRC on Novemberf 25th? Does that seem plausible?

RS says he was meeting with Molly on some of the weekends. If he did, he had to have the help of ABC.
    If what RS says is true, then yes, it would make sense that ABC helped.

It is plausible that he waited to break up with Melissa then, say, texted or called Molly. Maybe he even got permission. It could be that he wanted to get back in contact with her, and the show saw that as a grand opportunity for a ratings bonus and second ATFR. How do we know (other than RS info) that the 2d ATFR isn't the first time he's seen Molly since the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3330895;
    Agreeed, but maybe she fell in love and he told her it was over between him and Mel??

This could be. It would make sense but how will she feel when she finds out that wasn't the case(if it wasn't)?

Megan said:

"We were used and abused"
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by partypunch;3332227;
    Did anyone see Megan's comments on myspace. Further confirmation...not that we needed any
    Not all of us can get to her myspace...can you post the update for us???