Page 9 of 1826 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819591095091009 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3297668;
    So, if Jason didn't choose Melissa, then they had to have staged a fake proposal scene just to throw sleuthers off. Would they have gone to those lengths? Have them both dress up and go through those motions? And teasing Melissa that much? How cruel would that be to have her experience what it would feel like for this guy who she's been hoping to be engaged to, just to tell her at the REAL FRC that he's decided he doesn't want her?

In a way, I can see how this would fit in with them "growing a brain." What a way to throw off a lot of people. But it's just too cruel to do that to someone, unless she was really just acting all the way through this show. I guess considering Matt's season, it's possible.

Still hoping to see Mel as F1!

I agree, it would be so cruel to see them stoop that low just to throw people off. My heart would break for Melissa if that happened to her..I'm sure hers would too. She is easy to read like Jason, and she is really falling for Jason and for that to happen would be cruel and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3297668;
    So, if Jason didn't choose Melissa, then they had to have staged a fake proposal scene just to throw sleuthers off. Would they have gone to those lengths? Have them both dress up and go through those motions? And teasing Melissa that much? How cruel would that be to have her experience what it would feel like for this guy who she's been hoping to be engaged to, just to tell her at the REAL FRC that he's decided he doesn't want her?

In a way, I can see how this would fit in with them "growing a brain." What a way to throw off a lot of people. But it's just too cruel to do that to someone, unless she was really just acting all the way through this show. I guess considering Matt's season, it's possible.

Still hoping to see Mel as F1!
    I really don't see it as "cruel". Now what Deanna did to Jason was cruel, that was an actual event, with Jason thinking he was making a real proposal and she let him do it. If they were all aware that it was just advertising, and that the other girl was getting a mock proposal too, it wouldn't be that bad. It might sting a bit later but I'm sure lots of stuff that happens on the Bach does - it's part of the process and the nature of the beast, unfortunately.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3297615;
    There has to be a reason that there is no rose ceremony game this season. ABC does not pay a dime for the goodies or trip ~ the sponsors of those items do. Apparently no clear-cut F1? DeAnna was the F1 because she was the last to be rejected with neither she nor Jenni were selected.

Surely he would not propose to two women, but then rejects one! :nono That way the women have different rings, but one is taken back. This is under the assumption that the F2 is not reconsidered.

Couldn't the no rose ceremony game be simply because of budget? With the economy the way it is, maybe there was no sponsor willing to put up the money for a very expensive trip to NZ. I'm not clear on how it all works, but everybody seems to be scaling back. I would think that any resort/travel businesses would really be hurting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3297679;
    Couldn't the no rose ceremony game be simply because of budget? With the economy the way it is, maybe there was no sponsor willing to put up the money for a very expensive trip to NZ. I'm not clear on how it all works, but everybody seems to be scaling back. I would think that any resort/travel businesses would really be hurting right now.
    Actually ducky, donating prizes is really, really cheap advertising - any business would be crazy not to do it. Advertising on tv is very, very expensive compared to a few thousand that a plane ticket etc would cost.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3297683;
    Actually ducky, donating prizes is really, really cheap advertising - any business would be crazy not to do it. Advertising on tv is very, very expensive compared to a few thousand that a plane ticket etc would cost.
    See I told you I didn't know how it works! And my husband is even in the advertising business. Then I would think that no rose ceremony game would be because they are misleading us with the sc evidence - which worries me!

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3297687;
    See I told you I didn't know how it works! And my husband is even in the advertising business. Then I would think that no rose ceremony game would be because they are misleading us with the sc evidence - which worries me!
    I think there was no RC game because of last week and letting the extra girl go home!

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3297688;
    I think there was no RC game because of last week and letting the extra girl go home!
    That could be it too!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3297672;
    I really don't see it as "cruel". Now what Deanna did to Jason was cruel, that was an actual event, with Jason thinking he was making a real proposal and she let him do it. If they were all aware that it was just advertising, and that the other girl was getting a mock proposal too, it wouldn't be that bad. It might sting a bit later but I'm sure lots of stuff that happens on the Bach does - it's part of the process and the nature of the beast, unfortunately.
    One problem I have with the "fake" proposal is that Jason appears to have real feeling in his voice and face. Also, the hand going up to me looks like someone who is about to gasp or cry. Imo a mock proposal wouldn't do that.
    Now i do see the "abc growing a brain and pulling a fast one" as fitting with fake screen caps but would that cause RSteve to still try to wrap his mind around it? I would think he'd be laughing and think it's hilarious. There's something much more that goes on, or at least he believes went on for that statement.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-31-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;3297691;

One problem I have with the "fake" proposal is that Jason appears to have real feeling in his voice and face. Also, the hand going up to me looks like someone who is about to gasp or cry. Imo a mock proposal wouldn't do that.
    Now i do see the "abc growing a brain and pulling a fast one" as fitting with fake screen caps but would that cause RSteve to still try to wrap his mind around it? I would think he'd be laughing and think it's hilarious. There's something much more that goes on, or at least he believes went on for that statement.
    You are right about that, TNmom. If you listen closely, you can hear crying (tears of joy) and the smile on Jason's face says it all. I don't think he would be that happy if that was a fake proposal, IMO.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-31-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3297688;

That's a great theory! And maybe there will be more of that in the upcoming rose ceremonies - where Jason keeps or lets go 1 more girl than is expected.
    Too confusing for those trying to play the game?