Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3331000;
    RS only says this about Molly because he apparently likes her better. Well, baloney. The girl is no innocent bystander. She knew that Jason had proposed to Melissa in front of the cameras, and she continued to see him anyway. She disrespected herself and betrayed another woman....a friend. The girl is a cold skank and she and Jason deserve each other.

Personally, I want to see Mel as the next Bach'ette. If it's something she wants to do, even just for fun, she has more than earned it.
    Again this could well be the case. But, I don't know the state of Jason and Mel's relationship before Molly and Jason got together. I also do not know what Jason told Molly about the situation so I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgment.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by harrodsfan;3330929;
    Beginning to believe this...
    The tabloids haven't picked this up at all.
    Why wouldn't they if it is true?
    They certainly are the first to print even hints of gossip
    me thinks something is "rotten in the state of Denmark."
    ITA

. . . and on the honeymoon registry, since Jason's favorite country is GREECE, as we know from his varied experiences there, the Janus package for which he has registered includes a "side" trip to the Augean Stables Augeas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as well as the "main" trip to the Janus Temple in Rome. Two trips for The Happy Couple--which we know now is a blanket term covering Janus Jason and whomever he is engaged to at the time of departure.

Quote Originally Posted by nlbress;3331006;
    So if they broke up and then he calls Molly and says, "Hey, you were #2 but let's give it a try?" And she is ok with that? Weird. This whole thing sucks.
    This is what I don't like. As someone who actually likes Molly on this board, I don't think she should have to be #2 but if he presents it as though he's truly made a mistake, I can see a girl having been in love with him, wanting to try to make it work.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;3330993;
    Nah, probably not. There won't be any suggestion of ANYONE knowing what was going on. They will make it seem that Jason tried to make it work with Melissa but she was just too clingy/emotional/young/not ready/not accessible/whatever to make it work and he had second thoughts, so he begged Molly to give him a chance.

Melissa will be shown as hurting, but somehow edited to "deserve it" IMO.

Molly will be shown as a saint who has to swallow her pride "for love," in order to fulfill her destiny with Jason or some crap like that.

And Jason will be shown as the anguished sensitive guy who tried so hard to make it work with Melissa but couldn't.

But don't they think that the audience will be upset that he dumped Melissa on National Television. Nobody deserves that. It's what I don't get, why they think Jason will "come up smelling roses" dumping someone on National television.

And the whole it's the woman's fault is crap. As Naomi told Jason, make it about you feeling something more for someone else.

FORT Newbie

I do think that this will be difficult for Melissa and it is a horrible way to be dumped. Two things to keep in mind. Not many Bachelors last past the ATFR so really the only big surprise is that he does it on TV instead of through the media, which is the norm. The fact that he goes back to Molly has been done before, just not before the season ended. Usually we get our usual media tour with the Bachelor and his lady love followed by a carefully worded press release announcing their breakup. Followed by gossip of our beloved Bachelor dating women he had rejected. So is this new? not entirely.

The other thing is that we became attached to Melissa as F1 based on the screen caps released in the first show. If the screencaps showed Molly as F1 we would be loving her more right now. Our perception of who Melissa and Molly are only based on the information that we saw in the edit. We rooted for Melissa mostly because we knew from the very start that she was the F1. So I don't think we really ever looked at Molly or Melissa objectively through the season. The slant towards Melissa began based on screencaps.

I will continue to watch the Bachelor, even though I swear every season that I will not. Why, because I love the drama. It is TV entertainment. Does it mess with their lives, maybe, but they did sign up for a TV show that does not historically have a good track record for portraying people at their best. I don't think that Melissa or Jill should do the Bachelorette. I would hope that they run as fast as they can from that offer. No one comes out smelling like a rose the second time around.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

It just struck me, and I realize how EASY it would be for TPTB to script this from the beginning, and how believable it is that they would do so.

With this franchise's poor track record of successful relationships, the TPTB can pretty much bank on a break-up even before the season's filming begins. I mean, WE bank on it, don't we? Even before anybody knows who the F1 is, including the producers.

I guess it would be so easy (and they'd think they were so brilliant) to just plan for the break-up from the get-go, and plan to make that part of the season's drama.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

I hope Melissa is not the next bachelorette. She seems too nice though I'm sure when we see tonight's edit we won't be so sure about her. I'm sure Fleiss has prepared us for the big breakup and Jason's new relationship with Molly.

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=nutty1;3329479;]What a fool Melissa or Jillian would be to even consider being The Bachelorette.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. If Melissa agrees to do The Bachelorette, then she will be selling her soul to the devil just like Jason. She can do so much better, without becoming The Bachelorette.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3331014;
    This is what I don't like. As someone who actually likes Molly on this board, I don't think she should have to be #2 but if he presents it as though he's truly made a mistake, I can see a girl having been in love with him, wanting to try to make it work.
    She'd actually be #4

1 - ex-wife
    2 - Deanne
    3 - Mel
    4 - Molly