Page 61 of 1826 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970711111615611061 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMondello;3301993;
    He doesn't have to read romance novels though. Most people know that romance novels have a happy ending. The hero and heroine end up together. It's a given. Most romance novels have a do or die moment when the hero and heroine think all is lost. It's the pulling apart along the way that makes the story, which is what I think he's referring to. The happy ending is the payoff for all that they endured to get there. And Chris Harrison's blog post stated that the Big D was going to have a lot of drama. So I think we're going to start seeing, hopefully, the drama that gives the payoff at the end.

I have no idea why Killing Moon or Rebecca York is part of this clue other than in an abstract way because it's a romantic suspense.

As a person that has read thousands of romance novels, from classic to trashy, I totally agree with you Lisa. They are all pretty much the same. It is never an easy path to the happy ending whether it be Jane Austen or the paper back novelists.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

I doubt he know who she is. Maybe he is talking about that, but I just doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3302003;
    As a person that has read thousands of romance novels, from classic to trashy, I totally agree with you Lisa. They are all pretty much the same. It is never an easy path to the happy ending whether it be Jane Austen or the paper back novelists.
    I didn't say they are pretty much the same. The fact that each book is so different is why I have so many favorite authors. They offer a different kind of read to get that happy ending. And I think this is what he may be elluding to. Of course, I could be stretching and giving RS too much credit. But who knows.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3301777;
    Anders, I so agree. And I am afraid someone will be hurt beyond the normal that comes with signing a contract with Fleiss.
    The rumor that I heard is, to me, shocking. That is that Jason knew all along he wanted Mel for F1 but kept her in the dark. That may have happened in past seasons. But perhaps it caused more drama and emotional heartache with this particular couple, because the feelings are real. How will she feel when she knows Jason has worked with the producers to set up these "tests" for her to pass? That he let her - or made her -put her heart at risk while keeping his own safe? You can say that she knew what she was getting into, but it's got to be tough.

I just read my own post, and I think all of this talk of romance novels has made me rather dramatic!

Quote Originally Posted by addictedtwinmom;3301741;
    BINGO!
    This would explain RS's comments about "maybe it wont be shown in the finale"... I think he brings her parents to NZ, before proposing, because he knows how important it is to Melissa, he does so off camera, since he wants to respect them.. not putting them "out there", but obviously Fleiss will find some way to make sure we all know what is going on.

Then he proposes to Mel, with her parents there...perhaps they say NO at first... causing major drama... but in the end allow her to follow her heart. This could be why Jason is so torn up too... that her parents refuse to accept it...which breaks his heart.

They could be who he is looking at to the side, where we have the SC that looks like he is looking off to the side of Mel in the proposal shot... perhaps after she is in place, they slide the family in behind her, to surprise her when it's over... and to be there when their daughter says yes!
    But would bringing her parents to NZ to be jaw-dropping? I mean we already had the whole Brad flying DeAnna's dad in, and even if her parents were reluctant - it's not really jaw-dropping. I'm also not sure how that would make some people angry, in fact I'm not sure how even non-Melissa fans would be "angry" in any scenario that has her advancing to the F1 position except by some sort of manipulative efforts.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

What about the Daphne Du Maurier book and Hitchcock movie, Rebecca? It has a number of similarities - she agrees to marry the guy after a 1 week courtship and then is plagued by doubts and insecurities about herself and his former wife. It's a thrilling mystery.

Not sure about how K Moon fits into this though.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3301765;
    The thing about Reality Steve is that he is jaded. Jaded about the show, jaded about the contestants, jaded about the entire thing. I keep going back to whatever information he has is shocking enough for him to put it in the same realm as Brad Womack's FRC no choice choice. So to me, I don't think it's going to be something overly romantic or sappy, more shock and awe. In my mind this rules out any scenario where Jason would fly in anyones parents (this isn't shocking), or any scenario where Jason doesn't go through with an FRC (again not shocking). It's something bigger. Something that we can't even imagine happening.
    I did want to point out that in his recent blog, RS says "I watch to see the love story". Not sure if it was sarcasm or truly what he wants to see, but if true - then we have a basis for perspective, which could be a hint at the way he sees his claims.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

FORT Regular

From RS's Blog: "Melissa tells Jason he’ll be meeting her friends now because her parents are a bit uncomfortable with the publicness of the show. I’ll have more on that next week."

If RS does have insider info., which he implies here, there is obviously more to the story of Melissa's parents. It has been suggested that her parents could be very conservative. Maybe there are religious differences that they are not willing to accept?

Also, just a thought. Could the werewolf from Killing Moon be a reference to some kind of animal that attacked Jason and one of the girls on one of the HTD or in NZ? Several of the dates are in animal territory. Aren't there VO's about Jason being terrified? About him being a hero? That would be jaw dropping!

FORT Regular

I'm not so sure now that the book is the answer to the clue. Remember, Steve is a big LOST fan and said the clues would be like the show. Someone on his site posted this:

From David: On Lost they will sometimes use the name of a character (i.e. John Locke) as a reference to someone famous. The names are often quirky and tied to science, and the work that scientist did is supposed to provide clues to the property of the island. The other main way on the show is through anagrams. On one episode they used the name Mittelos Laboratories to refer to Lost Time which is a direct reference to the time travel properties of the island.

I honed in on anagrams. They can be made up of more than one word. Just take out all the spaces and punctuation, rearrange the letters without losing any in the shuffle, and insert new punctuation to taste.

Could K. Moon/Rebecca be an anagram?

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3302014;
    The rumor that I heard is, to me, shocking. That is that Jason knew all along he wanted Mel for F1 but kept her in the dark. That may have happened in past seasons. But perhaps it caused more drama and emotional heartache with this particular couple, because the feelings are real. How will she feel when she knows Jason has worked with the producers to set up these "tests" for her to pass? That he let her - or made her -put her heart at risk while keeping his own safe? You can say that she knew what she was getting into, but it's got to be tough.

I just read my own post, and I think all of this talk of romance novels has made me rather dramatic!
    LOL Although I do find this theory interesting. How would she feel knowing that all along her emotions were played with. It'd be even worse if the other girls knew they weren't the one. All the kissing and bonding the girls did would seem artificial. If this is true, I can understand why Jason would have to keep it in the dark. Don't they pretty much sign their life away for months when they sign up for this show?