Page 56 of 1826 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859606162636465661061565561056 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

I'll read the blogs but am not going to get bent out of shape in sleuthing these clues. As jlccaz says, this is not LOST. I'm just sending an open invitation to all leakers to PM me. Oh wait, I need to clean out my mailbox from the previous two seasons.
    Last edited by bamabrain; 02-03-2009 at 10:30 AM.

FORT Newbie

I have been trying to come up with a solution to RS's column and the F4 to F3 but not F2.

Last night Jason told Chris that he couldn't believe Melissa was really as perfect as she seemed and he kept waiting for something to happen. Chris supplied the cliche, "the shoe to fall". In the upcoming previews, when Mel told Jason about her parents, his face truly told all. The shoe fell so to speak.

Here's a possibility (at least in my mind):[LIST][*]Naomi goes home next week.[*]F4 becomes F3 - Melissa, Jillian & Molly[*]Jason can't get past the family thing with Melissa so he sends her home F3[*]Jason is in anguish and knows he's made a horrible mistake which is when we see him in the crying balcony scene[*]On day of FRC, he tells Jillian & Molly it's Melissa he loves and brings her back as F1 (F4 become F3, but not F2) so we don't have a traditional F2 & F1FRC, but wonder if Melissa will come back and if she will accept. "Save the cheerleader, save the world".

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3301569;
    Well the clue seems to lead us to a book - it's called Killing Moon and the front you see a girl sitting and hugging her knees, blended with a wolf in the forest. (a synopsis of book has been given upthread) Adding that to what he's said about don't believe everything you see etc. I think the clue is "don't judge a book by it 's cover". That would also tie into my theory about how they've manipulated the footage to show us something that isn't quite "what it is". I still say that the F1's dress isn't blue but goldie/beigey and they've digitally changed it
    A poster at JU suggested Rebecca by Daphne duMaurier as an alternate or additional route of investigation and I agree. It's a great book, if you haven't read it, and it has closer thematic parallels to the current situation than Killing Moon. It's about a young wife freshly married to a man whose wife has died (as opposed to divorced); there is mystery surrounding what happened in that first marriage and the first wife is ever-present though absent. There are lots of synopses and analyses of this classic you can find through google if you think it might be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Artsey;3301617;
    Here's a possibility (at least in my mind):[LIST][*]Naomi goes home next week.[*]F4 becomes F3 - Melissa, Jillian & Molly[*]Jason can't get past the family thing with Melissa so he sends her home F3[*]Jason is in anguish and knows he's made a horrible mistake which is when we see him in the crying balcony scene[*]On day of FRC, he tells Jillian & Molly it's Melissa he loves and brings her back as F1 (F4 become F3, but not F2) so we don't have a traditional F2 & F1FRC, but wonder if Melissa will come back and if she will accept. "Save the cheerleader, save the world".
    I think he stands his ground and doesn't get rid of someone at F3. I think he brings them all to the end and the F4 become F3 but not F2.

Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3301620;
    A poster at JU suggested Rebecca by Daphne duMaurier as an alternate or additional route of investigation and I agree.
    I really doubt that RS is that culturally literate. (P.S. to Steve, please use apostrophes for possessive case and with contractions.) He's not even all that well-versed in popular culture (didn't know about Asleep at the Wheel).

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMondello;3301613;
    I actually think it's kind of fun.
    So do I, besids this board was deader than a doornail until RS livened up
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3301620;
    A poster at JU suggested Rebecca by Daphne duMaurier as an alternate or additional route of investigation and I agree. It's a great book, if you haven't read it, and it has closer thematic parallels to the current situation than Killing Moon. It's about a young wife freshly married to a man whose wife has died (as opposed to divorced); there is mystery surrounding what happened in that first marriage and the first wife is ever-present though absent. There are lots of synopses and analyses of this classic you can find through google if you think it might be worth checking out.
    The thing i think we need to remember is that RSteve makes a point of saying that 'the clue is in the clue" which I take to mean that it's not in the book/books associated with the clue but in the words of the clue themselves.jmo

Quote Originally Posted by miccisue;3301583;
    What about the book "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier? A young woman is moved into her new husband's estate after their marriage. He's been married before (although his wife died rather than there being a divorce), and his insane housekeeper (who adored the previous wife) is determined to drive the new Mrs. DeWinter away.
    When I saw the clue that is the first thing that came to mind. "Rebecca" is a classic and was a classic movie as well. (Even RS would know it) The new love is haunted by the old love. She believes that her husband adored his first wife and could never love her in the same way. Already Melissa is feeling "insecure" about Jason's feelings. Perhaps when Deanna comes back to "haunt" her she can't get past that Jason was in love with her. I really think Melissa either turns him down, or is too afraid to come to the FRC. It takes a lot of convincing - at the end of Rebecca, Mr. DeWinter finally tells his new wife that he hated his first wife - and finally Melissa accepts his proposal.

Now if someone can relate that to KMoon as well?

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3301643;
    So do I, besids this board was deader than a doornail until RS livened up
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree that at least this boring season is waking up.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMondello;3301628;
    I think he stands his ground and doesn't get rid of someone at F3. I think he brings them all to the end and the F4 become F3 but not F2.
    Oooh. I like that possibility too.