Page 52 of 1826 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061621021525521052 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

I am wondering if they are trying to make us think that Jason doesn't meet Melissa's parents, but then something happens to change that. There was one season where the family refused to meet the bachelor and then an aunt showed up. I just can't imagine that no one from her family would come and support her on this.

The other issue I was thinking about was the big bombshell at the final RS; what if it has something to do with Ty. Does anyone remember the previews from the 1st episode, they showed Ty in a tux. Maybe Jason brings Ty out to help him propose tp the F1, that would get a different reactions from people.

I came away from the episode feeling maybe Melissa was a plant of sorts. I have long believed that Fleiss has his plants - to both get the show moving along, make it easier for the bachelor to start kissing -- and get a "romance" started. Melissa - much as I love her - seems to always be the perfect answer. Wants to teach first grade, wants to spend the summers with her children - now has been semi stood up - and arrives all sexy and cute - cleans up the kitchen - waits patiently while Jason spends all the time in the world getting Ty to settle down - then understands completely that these kind of things will happen. I don't get it - not to say I would personally pull a hissy fit but it seems like she is very scripted to just be miss perfect ! Where is her vulnerability - the camera shows her "nervous" or worried when she listens to the radio show - is she really upset ? If my intended had said that the most amazing date he had was with someone else, I would be upset. Now the best kisser question could be - best kisser of the 3 on that date... Now it is possible that Jason has said things to Melissa off camera - but I am wondering -- has she fallen for Jason - really ? Is that the big thing - Melissa is the plant - and Jason has fallen in love with the plant ? This is ok - as long as it is reciprocal ! Is this why the parents don't want to meet him - because they know their daughter (the black sheep of the family) did this whole thing for a lark....

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3300680;
    Here's what I am thinking:

Here are the clues (paraphrasing): ABC finally gets smart, they pull a fast stunt, things are not what they look like to us, we will be shocked at what we find out.

It has been suggested that we will be shocked, annoyed, disappointed, excited, depressed, elated, or pissed ( one or maybe more) by the ending.

If we found out the answer last week before we became jaded with this, what situation could cause such a diversity of feelings among posters?

I think we are on the right track when we think that somehow in some capacity Melissa was known to Jason before the Meet and Greet.

Melissa was recruited. Did his buddies in Texas show him pictures of her?

Did he meet her?

Did one of the Bachette 4 Texas Bachelors contact ABC with the suggestion of Melissa for one of the Bachelorettes?

Was she supposed to be a plant ( a safety valve) who Jason just happened to fall for instead?

Whatever, Jason is aware of Melissa and approves of what he sees/knows before the Meet and Greet. [ ABC grows a brain - they hire someone that they know appeals to him.]
    [ABC pulls a fast one - she is put in as a safety valve as insurance to make sure that there is somebody there for him at the end]

[Things are not what they look like to us] - we think she is a straight up F1 contestant he falls for whereas she has been a deliberate plant that he fell for inspite of all else]

[It will be jaw dropping] Since we have never heard of such deliberate manipulations made known, it will be jaw dropping.

Now as to feelings when the news is revealed - will some be shocked? disappointed? annoyed? ( at the manipulation) excited? ( over Melissa and Jason finding each other) depressed? (It may not seem as real) elated? (What a finale!) pissed ( That was a crock!)

Would this scenario evoke all of these various feelings?

Would this work?
    I was thinking along the same lines Bloomers. To those in Melissa's corner, elation and excitement whatever the circumstances. To Molly/Jillian fans, pissed that it wasn't a level playing field to begin with. Jaw-dropping and the allusion to a "behind-the-scenes" affair... well, although some had suspicions about Matt/Shayne's season, maybe this time there is actual confirmation of some sort.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3301297;
    I'll bet there are some card-carrying PETA members who'd love to throw some blood on Stephanie's vest too.

P.S. I may just have to change my avatar to a dove.
    I'm not usually this snarky, but I now have this pic in my head of Molly (or whomever in the white tub in one of the FD screen caps) and the Prince song 'When Doves Cry' ...

FORT Fanatic

I think I figured out the jaw dropping part of the riddle. It's the dead bird that Naomi's mom springs them! The Save the cheerleader save the world is now that Mel's parents won't be meeting J, we've got to save her!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3301319;
    I came away from the episode feeling maybe Melissa was a plant of sorts. I have long believed that Fleiss has his plants - to both get the show moving along, make it easier for the bachelor to start kissing -- and get a "romance" started. Melissa - much as I love her - seems to always be the perfect answer. Wants to teach first grade, wants to spend the summers with her children - now has been semi stood up - and arrives all sexy and cute - cleans up the kitchen - waits patiently while Jason spends all the time in the world getting Ty to settle down - then understands completely that these kind of things will happen. I don't get it - not to say I would personally pull a hissy fit but it seems like she is very scripted to just be miss perfect ! Where is her vulnerability - the camera shows her "nervous" or worried when she listens to the radio show - is she really upset ? If my intended had said that the most amazing date he had was with someone else, I would be upset. Now the best kisser question could be - best kisser of the 3 on that date... Now it is possible that Jason has said things to Melissa off camera - but I am wondering -- has she fallen for Jason - really ? Is that the big thing - Melissa is the plant - and Jason has fallen in love with the plant ? This is ok - as long as it is reciprocal ! Is this why the parents don't want to meet him - because they know their daughter (the black sheep of the family) did this whole thing for a lark....
    I've heard from a variety of reliable sources that those who go 'far' are "cast" at the beginning of the show. I've also heard that they are given some 'guidance' on what their respective roles will be. (I don't think this is explicitly scripted, but with prompts and questions during ITMs and PIs from production, the smart cookies figure out their roles and either play them or rebel against them.) Some are what Noelle called the "matter of time girls," who may also coincide with the F4, but others are predetermined to be the final 6 or so (the order of which is presumably subject to change with the star's approval). Remember in Shayne's season that one of those women cast to go far (can't remember her name) sinned against Fleiss by mentioning Matt's 'film' career and she was promptly cut. That's one reason why we had so many leaks that season. Participants and others around them were also mad that the F1 was predetermined. Your scenario would certainly be a twist on that, if she was planted as an F1 decoy or to play the role of The One even if she weren't feeling it. What you're defining as "planting," I'd call "casting." And as you define planting, there would be more than one woman planted in that capacity, as someone to try to start some romantic sparks. In fact, Fleiss hopes that at least two take seed, as it were, so that the finale will be dramatic.
    Last edited by bamabrain; 02-03-2009 at 12:34 AM.

OK, so I posted something similar to this in Melissa's thread but.....
    Right now, it looks like Molly is getting edited as assured, confident in herself, open, blah, blah, blah. Melissa is shown as weepy, needy, insecure. Tonight, Molly drives home how much her family HAS to approve. No ifs, ands or buts about it. We're entering the homestretch and suddenly Melissa has red flags popping up all over the place...to the average viewer. But, we know the crew saw F1 plain as day. If the edit allowed us to see it that clearly, then Jason just looks like a heel playing games (llike tonsil hockey) with everyone else. BOOOOO ABC. BUT! They edit it to even the playing field. RS's comment....."don't believe everything you see"
    Then he quoted "save the cheerleader, save the world". Jason has said he wants to be someone's Kinght in shining armor. There you have it. Melissa needs rescued and he's the guy to do it. She stays in spite of her family, essentially telling him, you're worth it (something Molly said she couldn't do for him if she was in that situation).
    Then, the F4 becomes F3 but not F2.....I think Naomi was supposed to go home after the HTD but Jillian takes herself out. He pushed her hard about how she feels and although she sold it in Seattle, I think a couple more days make her realize she may not be ready for the whole ball of wax. She as much said she came into this for the adventure. I think she wonders what will be left when the adventure part is over. I think she takes one for the team and lets Naomi stay. F4 becomes F3.
    I think this happens last minute and because he already broke the rules and sent 3 home last week, they don't let him send Naomi home yet. But, before the F3 RC, he levels with Naomi and gives her a private send off so as not to torture her with a RC she wasn't intended to be at....."but not F2" meaning that she wasn't even there for the F2 RC.
    I think Deanna shows up for advice and she sees his attraction to Melissa written all over his face but he is torn because of her family. Deanna tells him he has to be true to himself and if Melissa is here for him, that's all that should matter. I think she tells him she regrets not fighting for Graham and if he lets Melissa go, he'll regret it.....her comment about regretting it or don't make the same mistakes or whatever.
    Jason agonizing over the railing is truly just reaction to having to let Molly go because he realizes its been Melissa all along but there was a point when he thought he couldn't choose her so he said things to Molly giving her false hope which he now regrets knowing he is about to send her home.
    I think RS's big scoop is what the family conflict is all about. I think he knows they will have to address this in the show, but if ABC sugar coats it then he will give us the full scoop the next day.
    Sorry, I know this was long.

Quote Originally Posted by janda;3301369;
    Right now, it looks like Molly is getting edited as assured, confident in herself, open, blah, blah, blah. Melissa is shown as weepy, needy, insecure. Tonight, Molly drives home how much her family HAS to approve. No ifs, ands or buts about it. We're entering the homestretch and suddenly Melissa has red flags popping up all over the place...to the average viewer. But, we know the crew saw F1 plain as day. If the edit allowed us to see it that clearly, then Jason just looks like a heel playing games (llike tonsil hockey) with everyone else. BOOOOO ABC. BUT! They edit it to even the playing field. RS's comment....."don't believe everything you see"
    Then he quoted "save the cheerleader, save the world". Jason has said he wants to be someone's Kinght in shining armor. There you have it. Melissa needs rescued and he's the guy to do it. She stays in spite of her family, essentially telling him, you're worth it (something Molly said she couldn't do for him if she was in that situation).
    Then, the F4 becomes F3 but not F2.....I think Naomi was supposed to go home after the HTD but Jillian takes herself out. He pushed her hard about how she feels and although she sold it in Seattle, I think a couple more days make her realize she may not be ready for the whole ball of wax. She as much said she came into this for the adventure. I think she wonders what will be left when the adventure part is over. I think she takes one for the team and lets Naomi stay. F4 becomes F3.
    I think this happens last minute and because he already broke the rules and sent 3 home last week, they don't let him send Naomi home yet. But, before the F3 RC, he levels with Naomi and gives her a private send off so as not to torture her with a RC she wasn't intended to be at....."but not F2" meaning that she wasn't even there for the F2 RC.
    I think Deanna shows up for advice and she sees his attraction to Melissa written all over his face but he is torn because of her family. Deanna tells him he has to be true to himself and if Melissa is here for him, that's all that should matter. I think she tells him she regrets not fighting for Graham and if he lets Melissa go, he'll regret it.....her comment about regretting it or don't make the same mistakes or whatever.
    Jason agonizing over the railing is truly just reaction to having to let Molly go because he realizes its been Melissa all along but there was a point when he thought he couldn't choose her so he said things to Molly giving her false hope which he now regrets knowing he is about to send her home.
    I think RS's big scoop is what the family conflict is all about. I think he knows they will have to address this in the show, but if ABC sugar coats it then he will give us the full scoop the next day.
    But Jillian is in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by janda;3301369;
    You could be right..your theory is plausible. I especially agree that De probably told Jason that she regrets not trying harder to get Graham to stay, but I will be really surprised if the show allows the word, Graham, to be heard in the final edit.

I think there is going to be some kind of internal strife showed on Jason's part between Molly and Melissa, but I think the end result may be the other way around..he ends up with Molly somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3301383;
    You could be right..your theory is plausible. I especially agree that De probably told Jason that she regrets not trying harder to get Graham to stay, but I will be really surprised if the show allows the word, Graham, to be heard in the final edit.

I think there is going to be some kind of internal strife showed on Jason's part between Molly and Melissa, but I think the end result may be the other way around..he ends up with Molly somehow.
    Impossible - Jillian is in NZ....