Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Regarding the degrees of separation ... bachelor's/bachelorettes have in the past gone on the show because of a previous friend having gone on.

This is true with Jason, he knew Bevin, saw her on the show, and later auditioned.

Bettina was approached because she was friends with Tessa, and apparently Tessa let TPTB know about her.

Jason is connected to DeAnna as well as all the bachelors on her season. Jeremy is connected to the DCC, as well as RS. How many connections come out of Texas? Brad, Jeremy, Melissa.

Melissa and Molly have a connection through their father's ... both working for the same company.

Are there any other connections with respect to Jason, Melissa, Molly and Jillian?

Is the dirty with a capital D referencing Dallas? DeAnna? So many connections to Texas in this season.

so, Jason knows Bettina - Bettina knows Tessa - Tessa knows ?. Anyone know where Tessa lives/works/grew up.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3321958;
    Regarding the degrees of separation ... bachelor's/bachelorettes have in the past gone on the show because of a previous friend having gone on.

This is true with Jason, he knew Bevin, saw her on the show, and later auditioned.

Bettina was approached because she was friends with Tessa, and apparently Tessa let TPTB know about her.

Jason is connected to DeAnna as well as all the bachelors on her season. Jeremy is connected to the DCC, as well as RS. How many connections come out of Texas? Brad, Jeremy, Melissa.

Melissa and Molly have a connection through their father's ... both working for the same company.

Are there any other connections with respect to Jason, Melissa, Molly and Jillian?

Is the dirty with a capital D referencing Dallas? DeAnna? So many connections to Texas in this season.
    That's why I need help from people like you to think this through. Maybe it's not relevant, but RS does keep saying we are missing a BIG something from what he has written, and there's not much else that hasn't been discussed from his posts.

And he does mention 2 to 3 degrees separation, so I think it might be a pretty close connection.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Spence;3321911;
    Honest opinion...if it was obvious to everyone after the hometown dates, I sincerely think it's Melissa. Even without all the caps and other theories. Even though he didn't meet her family, he still seemed most relaxed on her date, and talked easily with her friends and showed the utmost concern about her family situation. Afterwards with the little fireside chat, he still voiced his thoughts about her being too perfect, voiced his doubts about Jillian (and I agree with them), and seemed distant from Molly. We all knew Naomi was a goner so I didn't really pay much attention to all of that. I honestly think the line about being in love with two women is a bunch of hooey, because if he fell in love with Molly he hides it well and we all know Jason cannot do that at all.
    I agree, Spence. I don't see any kind of interest in Molly at all. I think he has genuine feelings for Jillian and Melissa, but it goes deeper with Melissa. Also, Melissa is the only one who got alone time with Jason in a suite after the family/friends visit. Once I saw that, I thought Melissa was pretty much a lock. The other people on the show who have gotten that extra time are Tessa, and Ian - both were the F1 picks early on, and both were wavering about even being and/or staying on the show. We haven't seen Melissa wavering about being there, but we've heard some stories about it behind the scenes.

RS has said that Stephanie is not involved in anyway, but I too wondered about that screencap that shows her dressed casually and hugging Jason in the way all the HTDs hug the Bachelor when he first arrives in their hometown. Things that make you go hmmmm....

However, if there were timeline shenanigans behind the scenes, and Melissa left, and then came back at F4 - that would require reshoots, it would involve Stephanie, both things RS has stated clearly are not a part of the shocking ending. And if the viewers are just shown that Melissa had a HTD, Stephanie left, the process continues on and Melissa is F1 in the end - how would the viewers think "I didn't see that coming!" during the finale? It's a good story, but it still doesn't add up with what RS has said.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3321842;
    jason has said F1 was great with Ty and he knew when he saw them together, etc. Plus Jason would really need some help if he decided based on Ty not liking hi new mommy based on a 10 minute encounter. I think he just wants to see how the girls act around kids but that's about it
    Can anyone judge how a person is going to be with their child after a few minutes or even a few hours. How about when the child has a tantrum or meltdown (even the best of them have a few, it's par for the course of being a child and growing)? It's more important to see the person in different and challenging situations before one can say for sure they are great with their kids. Maybe the "melting Melissa" watching sleeping TY at the staged "cancelled space needle" date was what the reference is to. In the finale it's all going to feel flat for most viewers after all this hype.
    Last edited by seeker; 02-14-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Actually, it was feeling kind of flat to me before all of this. Everyone thought it was a lock and we knew exactly the order of everyone leaving and who got picked. Almost stopped watching. This has sparked my interest and will keep me watching to see what I can pick up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3321958;

Bottom line there's is if D = Dirty Dallas then T = Trouble in Texas

If someone was in on it, my guess is Molly. Her storyline has been suspect since the beginning. The tent episode, in particular. She's the Jesse of this season, there to step in if a "real love" can't be had. DeAnna's man was Graham and when he left, we got Jesse. There's always a stand in on every show, most notably Travis and Sarah Stone, P-Lo and Jennifer.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by nonobadfish;3321944;
    And as long as I'm posting (and before I have to go actually be a wife and have a Valentine's Day date with the sweet husband), I might as well point out a couple of things I picked up again while re-reading Reality Steve's posts: He mentions several times that Jason is probably the first Bachelor to be honest and not interested in Hollywood. He never comes back and says he has changed his mind about that. (At least not yet).

He does, on the other hand, mention several times that there is much that is fake (nothing is as seems), and most of the time in his recaps the "fake" comments revolve around Melissa's dates and storyline. I don't think, again, that this means Melissa is not F1, but I do think something to do with Melissa (perhaps The How of her) is a major part of his scoop.

And I think those of you who are better at this than I can focus on one of the last things he says because it appears to really be important.

He says that the story goes much deeper than what we have been shown on television and a lot of people have been in on it. On March 3 he is going to answer these questions about that:

1. He will tell us who has been in on what's really been going on.
    2. He will tell us how long these people have been in on it.
    3. He will tell us exactly what has been scripted.
    4. He will tell us what the final resolution really is.
    5. He will tell us who is to blame.
    6. He will tell us if any of the girls were in on it.
    7. And he will tell us what's Jason's role has been in all of it.

Once again, I am absolutely a novice at all of this. The only thing I bring to the table is that I have been reading both FORT and Reality Steve's recaps for a long time. I know that there are great sleuthers out there who will be able to figure all of this out...and I can't wait!

I'm editing to add that RS does point out that the fact that the show is scripted is NOT the shocker...so there is definitely something that will make us say "I didn't see that coming" if we don't figure it out beforehand. I just think the questions listed above might help us figure out the jawdropper.
    Excellent post, nonobadfish! I had gone back and read the RS posts and did pick up on the fact that he emphasizes how FAKE things were, but I hadn't noticed that Melissa's storyline was always involved when he comments on how fake the dialogue is, or whatever the case may be. Good catch!

The casually dressed Stephanie, was that not the time that she and Jason went to the beach and then legoland? If I recall correctly Stephanie has on the same outfit, as does Jason, for that SC of her getting out of the limo that they both wore on that beach/legoland date.

Also concerning the 2/3 or 2 or 3 or 4 degrees of separation, could it be that Fleiss knows someone who was on staff of Making The Team and THAT was how Melissa was picked to do the show and ultimately be the "F1"? Remember in Matt's season we had Shayne that was hand picked to be the "F1" and it was arranged neatly because Shayne's dad and Fleiss knew each other and had worked on projects together before.