Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

addison h.

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3321883;
    Fleiss also referred to Charlie's season as the low point, in terms of ratings and neglect from his oversight. This gave me a chuckle having read RS's opinion of that season as the most realistic chance for success, with him wondering why they don't try that format again. Apparently, Fleiss' plan for the series is about "creatively" shaking things up to keep interest and ratings up. Truth is, straight forward love stories, as much as people say that's all they want to see, are a tad boring and fail to generate the numbers.
    ITA!! Charlie's season did feel bizarre but it also felt the best somehow? Does anyone remember the runner-up (God help me I've forgotten her name) saying that "um... we try to talk on the phone but he's really busy - well we're both really busy"? Looking back it was like a segment out of "He's Just Not That Into You"!! Priceless. BUT I didn't go to work and talk about it nonstop for a week straight... like I did when Brad pulled the infamous double dump. So "happy heart wise" Charlie wins, but I can see how the double dump went a much longer way towards revitalizing the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3321855;
    WHAT IF...

It is possible that Fieiss had Melissa scripted to be F1. It was good when Jason fell for her and they spent alot of time together. Then the HTD took place. Jason said in an interview he fell in love on the HTD.

Now with the htd it is not only to meet your family but to see you in your natural environment where there is no competition, where you feel at home and are comfortable - your turf. This way the "one doing the choosing" gets an idea of what living with you will be like. It is a way to understand who you are and where you are coming from or going to. With three women Jason saw that but was not able to with Melissa. Not only that, but red flags came up. He still had feelings for Melissa so kept her on because he feels there is a connection and the red flags may be explained away. We know Melissa spoke to her family when there was the 3 on 1 date in Seatle so we know he could have called them later to take care of matters since she seemed to be his choice. TPTB would have worked it out.

Fliess said in an interview about a month ago that he thought this new one had a good chance of ending up married. As if they had gone with me they certainly would. It is possible tptb wanted to stay on script but at the last moment Jason had the GUTs to go against the script. It was his lfe and his future. His heart was in love with 2 women. He had definite strong feelings for Melissa but his head had all these raised flags that will not go away. Fliess is not interested in the wedding. He wants the ratings. The recent interview talks about seeing Jason's popularity he might throw in a wedding. Means that part did not concern him initially.

My feeling is Fliess realised through RS's hint how the show had suddently become hotter. But, only to the sluethers since everyone thinks the F1 is Melissa and are bored with the show. By his latetest interview he passes the frenzy of wanting to know the "shocking thing" that happens to all the viewers or pottential viewers as well, to raise the number of viewers etc.

After a couple of episodes where it showed Jason all over Melissa, Jason said he will prefer the F1 not to watch. All the women would have been concerned except Melissa (Molie's tent date can be explained as being inocent but the editing adding the moaning etc) so it is likely that it was not Melissa who will be concerned as the editing favoured her until the htd.

Also stating several times he was in love with two women covers and explains why we see him fondling, kissing and all over Melissa when he chooses someone else.

The editing has showed a number of inconsistncies in Melissa's story. Though Jilian and Mollie have not been given a perfect edit there is no question about their character by editing. I am not saying there is anything about Melissa's character but the editing has put a question on that. It is like explaining why she will not be F1.

This part is my personal thought. Usually when your head does not agree with your heart, you realise it is an indulgence in which, if you carry out you may regret. Take a man with the hots for a woman. He may pursue her, be all over her physically. Then he gets her and she may remain hot for a period of time but one day reality (head) comes in and it can not go on. On the other hand Jason is flattered that a woman like Jillian even considers him. He thinks highly of Jillian and there is a connection. The head says yes, the heart and guts say yes etc, but with Melissa maybe heart says yes but the head does not. I do not know where Mollie comes in but she may be in on the dynamics as well (though with Melissa and Jillian I am seeing it more).

So my feeling is on the last day - FRC, Jason has guts and goes against TPTB and chooses his choice who is not the one according to the script. Looks like they all thought they knew who it was going to be and were giving them the time to fall in love with each other but, on the FD/LCD some got to realize maybe Jason was more in love with someone else.

Again ... not attacks just my two cents. ...
    this is a possibility - so that means he ultimately picks Molly?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3321337;
    OKay was rewatching the ending to the season preview and Jason's exact words are, " I would love to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you" Does someone propose to him?
    This isn't a voiceover, is it? God forbid it's left over footage from the time he was left down on his knee while DeAnna savored her moment in front of the camera.

FORT Newbie

2/3....2 of the final 3 go .jason proposes when there is 3 girls left. The crying scene over the balcony is before the finale 3 rose ceremony (jason does not want to hurt anyone).
    It was mentioned earlier that people knew who he was going to chose early on. IMO when jason told Jillian he loved her in the GH script (his words were not in the script). thats how everyone knew. Jillian is the only one that wore a wig in the Gh scene. (everything is not what it seems).
    As for Melissa and Jason peeking in on Ty when he was sleeping (Ty was not there)(fake). Ty was there when Jason was getting ready.
    People knew he was falling for jillian and agreed to play along to finish the show.
    There is to much hype about it being Melissa (that was out before the show even started)

addison h.

Also one quick question - I know these are probably buried somewhere back in the media thread but where are the interviews where Jason talks about
    1. definitely being engaged
    2. the F1 not wanting to watch
    and
    3. where Fleiss says the thing about "they had a chance"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3321837;
    but how would that be jaw-dropping or hard to get our head around?
    Hard to get our head around is that he fell for someone early in the show. Jaw dropping is that everyone played along with it to finish the show.

FORT Fanatic

I emailed Reality Steve and asked him if it was true that Melissa was engaged to someone else... He said if he answered either way wouldn't it give away what he knew?

I also remember early early in the season he mentioned that some of these women might not be on there for the right reasons...

The only thing is that this was spinned as a horrible secret by Reality Steve

Something that ABC would spin to look "nicely" but isn't really nice...

IF EVERYONE knew about his feelings for Melissa and they were all made to play along, Would that really be the most horrible thing in the world? It would seem to me No.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3321890;
    this is a possibility - so that means he ultimately picks Molly?
    You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3321518;
    I am really confused with this new info as well. The FRC was film on 11/25, right? Melissa was f1, and Jason announced his engagement to media on 12/2, or 12/3, right? So, was he engaged to Melissa or another person at that time? Or, he was engaged to Melissa around 12/2, then broken up with her, and both of them got engaged to different partners within 2 months? This is why Fleiss said it's the best ending ever??? This is why ABC wants millions of viewers to see another failed relationship from this franchise????
    Does this make sense at all?
    NOPE!
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3321345;
    But how could anyone do that to someone they loved?
    The same way they can justify all the smooching, he was under contract, it was in the script.