Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3321860;
    He gave us a hard time for reading too much into that statement, so I'm not going to guess what he really meant by it. Watch the finale and read his backstory and you can make up your own mind whether or not what we saw in the finale was a real love story or scripted/manipulated by tptb.

You are wiser than Madam Hoola

FORT Fogey

But if the scenario that Mel left before F4 is true, where did they get the RC of Stephanie leaving? Mel was there for that. Did they shoot two different RCs at F5?

Did he really say he fell in love on the htd? I had forgotten that. Well, let's just look back at the htd and see who he seems closest to. I don't think that would necessarily mean the "best" hometown date, but more about the closeness we see with the couple. Maybe because Melissa handled the problem with her parents well, and he got to see her in her real life (plus the interaction with the little girls), he started falling in love?

addison h.

He gave us a hard time for reading too much into that statement, so I'm not going to guess what he really meant by it. Watch the finale and read his backstory and you can make up your own mind whether or not what we saw in the finale was a real love story or scripted/manipulated by tptb.
    upon doing a little "re-thinking" of the clues this is my last hopeful guess ...

I'm HOPING that -- "there is no love story" on the show
    meaning that Jason, for whatever reason, doubts his connection with Melissa and sends her home in favor of picking the safe, producer pick (molly, for whom "all is not as seems"). Then he and Molly plan to finish out their contractual obligations and go their seperate ways - no harm done.

BUT He just can't put it all behind him, he keeps thinking about Melissa and basically falls in love with her AFTER the show is wrapped. So he convinces the powers that be to get them back together for a new FRC in the "Montreal" Bahamas location (where TPTB already have easy connections)

WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT "2/3" of the final 3 women do get proposed to and also that "2/3" of the important story gets told once the show has wrapped

It would also mean that you were all right about the "the who" from the very beginning - it's just that no one could have anticipated "the how"

(this smiley represents me, waving goodbye to all my brain cells)

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3321865;
    But if the scenario that Mel left before F4 is true, where did they get the RC of Stephanie leaving? Mel was there for that. Did they shoot two different RCs at F5?

I'm curious about them spending 2 weeks in Seattle. How does that work within the timeline.

Mel had the houseboat date; Naomi had the helicopter date; and Stephanie, Molly and Jillian had the group date. What did they do for 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3321866;
    Did he really say he fell in love on the htd? I had forgotten that. Well, let's just look back at the htd and see who he seems closest to. I don't think that would necessarily mean the "best" hometown date, but more about the closeness we see with the couple. Maybe because Melissa handled the problem with her parents well, and he got to see her in her real life (plus the interaction with the little girls), he started falling in love?
    Ducky....I have to totally agree with you on this one....it might not have been a great HTD because of not meeting her parents, but IN my eyes it was the most REAL date in that you saw....we saw dissappointment by Jay that he was not meeting her parents, you saw tenderness in how he hugged her to reassure her it was OK, you saw raw happy emotions when they greated one another to a point they couldn't get a word out edge wise from having to stop a kiss one another after ever word, to the realness of them caressing one another at the dinner table at her friends house to the couch and sooooooo on.....I would say this was the most TRUE AND REAL date of the 4 HTD we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3321871;
    I'm curious about them spending 2 weeks in Seattle. How does that work within the timeline.

Mel had the houseboat date; Naomi had the helicopter date; and Stephanie, Molly and Jillian had the group date. What did they do for 2 weeks?

Did I read that they based there for the hometowns. So that means there was time to kill, because the above dates certainly didn't take two weeks and the hometown's were brief.

.....we actually don't know when Mel and Jason said goodbye since we last saw them in a hotel suite.

FORT Fogey

I am just going to throw out one of those common sense comments that land with a kabang.
    If this thing is totally scripted, and if Jason is not a good actor as per his words and what we saw on the GH segment, why is this man shown on the balcony to be squalling in anquish for all the world as if he has just been delivered the news that he has lost his beloved only child when it supposedly has to do with the scripted love of one of these final two contestants?

1. Either it is not scripted to the extent we are led to believe.

2. That screencap is not about the FRC

3. Jason is a much finer actor than he has led everyone to believe in which case maybe that poster who said repeatedly that what we have been missing in RS's account was that Jason's true intent in this whole thing is to somehow get into the entertainment business.

Something just doesn't add up here with what we are shown and what RS is intimating. What is it?

I don't know, and I am not ready or willing to call either man a liar, but it sounds to me like they may be standing on different ends of the spectrum here.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 02-14-2009 at 01:12 PM.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JPG;3321861;
    I thought Steph got a hometown date simply because in one of the ads I thought I saw her dressed casual, running up to his car, just like the others did on their HTD. And she didn't appear to be near or comming from the "ladies mansion". WOW!
    Listen guys.....Here is what we are missing...after many emails to RS and spending hours and hours reading and re-reading I have figured this out.....RS has basically told us what happened...how is he doing it???? by making comments under all his posts......If you can figure out which one/two/three or even four he is he tells you exactly what happens.........also 2/3 is the date he starts telling us and I believe it also means we are only seeing 2/3 of the real story....

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3321294;
    Respectfully, my view is that we are beginning to see the roll out of a PR and edit campaign to fascinate and entertain (normal) viewers, the millions, not the hundreds or dozens. Everyone was furious with Brad. Ellen jumped on board that train as well. And Fleiss attributes that "realism" as the turning point in the show's ratings and renewed popularity. Ratings success for this season, and even the next, bear no relationship to Happy Couple stuff.

My somewhat knowing prediction: Jason is going to come out of this being judged a jerk, a liar, a fraud, a patsy, all manner of Non Heroic roles, because that is what happens every season.

And then they cast new people, and the cycle starts again.
    Fleiss also referred to Charlie's season as the low point, in terms of ratings and neglect from his oversight. This gave me a chuckle having read RS's opinion of that season as the most realistic chance for success, with him wondering why they don't try that format again. Apparently, Fleiss' plan for the series is about "creatively" shaking things up to keep interest and ratings up. Truth is, straight forward love stories, as much as people say that's all they want to see, are a tad boring and fail to generate the numbers.