Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

has the possibility of melissa having dated Brad been explored yet? since they're both from Texas? Maybe that's what Deanna is telling him....I dunno....maybe that's why her parents didn't want to meet him? their experience with her ex who was also from this show?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3321747;
    I think that that is a very plausible explanation. That's why I wanted to look at that early Fleiss article again. RS says that we already know the WHO--but I suspect that the Fleiss phrase "Happy Couple" is a blanket term to cover whomever at whatever time. A kind of you-fill-in-the-blank generic term. Third time's the charm. Maybe. One would hope. So maybe we'll see an ATFR 3: The After After After. Pure speculation on my part. As I've said repeatedly, I've not consulted the Oracle. Some posters with--according to them--rock-solid insider information are certain that Jason has been with Melissa from the beginning and that they are rock-solid. Going on Fleiss's show's track record alone, though, and what he's said most recently about the finale, and what RS has already spilled, I find it very doubtful that Happy Couple = Melissa + Jason FOREVER.

P.S. Happy V-Day, y'all. Don't you just love a good Romance--I mean Mystery--Story? This one, I suspect, has still not achieved resolution.

It would appear that there could have been some shakiness in the relationship. Whatever the cause (and TPTB's manipulations being a possible culprit), the editors have perhaps been scrambling to keep pace with events on the ground. I do think it's plausible that the "happy couple" had some serious problems between the publicity jaunt in early January and the January 27th date that RS posted. Maybe those issues have been worked out for now.....if only for the sake of reality romance convenience.

So according to Freedom's theory, Mel left at F5 and then was brought back for F2? But how would that explain the F4 RC that we just saw....when Naomi left? Did they film several different RCs for F5 and F4? RS said no re-shoots.....does not exclude the possibility of multiple shoots?

Possible?
    Last edited by ZulaMay; 02-14-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3321824;
    has the possibility of melissa having dated Brad been explored yet? since they're both from Texas? Maybe that's what Deanna is telling him....I dunno....maybe that's why her parents didn't want to meet him? their experience with her ex who was also from this show?
    HAHAH I did try to google their names together to see if anything popped up and no it didn't but... Jeremy does know Brad I thought that was funny

Also in RS Feb 3 recap at the very bottom he makes a comment about the girls reactions when they get eliminated and how they are "interesting" then he give a link to watch the ones from weeks prior... Would it be safe to assume some of them were scripted or that some of the girls were not really into Jason Or they were in on something planned from the beginning hmmm

I love a good mystery and when reading a mystery book if it's well written and well edited I will read page by page. If it is not well written I will skip to the end to see if I actually figured it out. I would really like RS to tell us now. Ready to skip to the end of the book - so to speak

Support our Troops

Did anyone think that the 2/3 was 2 girls left but now add in ty = 3????

Quote Originally Posted by jonsmom98;3321833;
    but how would that be jaw-dropping or hard to get our head around?

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3321712;
    I think we are reading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into all these stupid RS clues. He has shown that he over exaggerates, goes off on a tangent, but then admits that it may not be that earth shattering.

Here are the parts of the puzzle, Jason does propose to Mel but not in NZ. At first TPTB were going to edit everything together all nice and tidy so that we never know that it didn't happen in NZ. But, in comes RS. He finds out the backstory of the proposal and how it was shot at a later date. He is going to blow their nice and tidy story, so they decide to go back and tell the story as it happened.

What would be shocking to the typical viewing audience? Nice guy J turns both girls away at FRC like Brad. Jaws drop. Not Jason!!! It ends with J telling Mel that he cannot propose to her, editing gets choppy and we see his breakdown on the balcony. With Brad we saw him being at peace with his decision to turn both away, but with Jason we see he is a mess.

Then the first ATFR beginning. We see J and Mel talking in the sunset and we see that J wants to move forward with her, but wants to meet her parents. We then see this meeting and everyone as one big happy family. We get to see the proposal, which is where the "FAKE" and "SCRIPTED" comes in because at that point Mel knows she is going to be proposed to, in fact the real proposal already happened they are just doing this one for the cameras. We will get to see the happy conclusion that we did not get with Brad. The 2nd ATFR will be the more traditional show--speaking with F2 and the happy celebration of the couple.
    As much as I prefer the other scenarios in which he ulitmately hooks up with Jillian (my fav), I do think you are on the right track.

Melissa is the F1. He doesnt want to propose to Melissa (hence the anguish)without the blessing of her parents and is in fact thinking of not picking her. He knows he is obligated to pick someone (contract, scripting) so he decides he has to pick Molly. However, with input from Deanna(or others- secretly i.e. the other 2 candidates) he then decides to go with Melissa. He tells Melissa that he would love to marry her, but they need time to privately meet her parents and for her to firm up her relationship with Ty. Melissa is happy that she and Jason have the opportunity to make the relationship grow. Perhaps some of the odd scenes with Melissa and comments about timelines Seattle did take place after NZ?

The producers could have known from day 1 that Melissa's parents would not agree to be filmed and used this as part of the scripting/editing process. So as not to hedge their bets on Melissa, they did some good editing and scripting of Jillian and Molly. (By scripting, I mean generally directions/instructions).

The jaw dropping, growing a brain, Jason had guts comment may be related
    to Jason telling the 2 of the final 3 (2/3) of his struggle with Melissa. Jillian reportedly commented that Jason didnt lead anyone on... so perhaps at least she knew (and quite frankly, from the way Jillian in particular presented herself I really think she earned the respect to know the truth - Molly too). It would be jaw dropping for Jason to reveal the truth to the women involved - especially if he risked something based on his contract. For me, this would symbolize ABC growing a brain, I always thought it tacky the way the bachelor or bachlorette had to act like they were going to pick one, when they were clearly planning to pick the other.

Whether she becomes the F1 in NZ or elsewhere, she is still the F1. Whether that relationship is in tact now or not - who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by jonsmom98;3321833;
    almost positive that's been guessed

Support our Troops

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3321837;
    but how would that be jaw-dropping or hard to get our head around?
    Maybe Ty didn't like either one

Quote Originally Posted by jonsmom98;3321840;
    Maybe Ty didn't like either one
    jason has said F1 was great with Ty and he knew when he saw them together, etc. Plus Jason would really need some help if he decided based on Ty not liking hi new mommy based on a 10 minute encounter. I think he just wants to see how the girls act around kids but that's about it