Page 44 of 1826 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354941445441044 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

.... or one of the ladies that was let go crashes the FRC

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCity;3300347;
    .... or one of the ladies that was let go crashes the FRC
    By paraglider, no doubt, thereby solving two mysteries for us!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3300373;
    By paraglider, no doubt, thereby solving two mysteries for us!
    That might explain the SC of Jason looking up in the sky at the FRC!

.. haha... bet it is Megan or ?? the stalker...... lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hannelorea;3300302;
    The danger of RS saying something is "jaw dropping" is that it sets expectations and imaginations run wild. After reading some of the scenarios here and elsewhere, I think it's a tall order to fill. When the finale airs, some will be let down or say he scammed us because it wasn't as "jaw-dropping" as one's vivid imagination. Maybe to the average viewer, this will be jaw-dropping but I have a feeling it would take a lot to get the jaws dropped of the average poster here. I do believe him and believe that something interesting will happen. So maybe when Chris says it will be "the most shocking rose ceremony ever" he'll actually mean it this time.

When a major catastrophe first happens, we are shocked almost beyond belief as we relate first hand to the devestation and emotional trauma experienced by the victims. However, as we witness the event and hear the TV commentation over and over, day in and day out, countless times - though it is unfortunate- realistically, by a week later, we become to a certain degree desensitized to what we see and hear. While we still register it as heartbreaking, it has lost that first horrifying, "Oh my dear God in Heaven, how could something like this ever happen?" effect.

We have now had almost a week to constantly ponder "jaw-dropping" news. We have adjusted to the idea, and we have come up with at least 50 worthy scenarios that could fit the description of "jaw-dropping."

In actuality, the majority of them are most likely over-kill.

However, many people are already feeling jaded by the concept. By the time we have mulled this over for a month, the shock value when we finally get it, may surely be there, but it most likely is going to be greatly reduced in value.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3300395;
    When a major catastrophe first happens, we are shocked almost beyond belief as we relate first hand to the devestation and emotional trauma experienced by the victims. However, as we witness the event and hear the TV commentation over and over, day in and day out, countless times - though it is unfortunate- realistically, by a week later, we become to a certain degree desensitized to what we see and hear. While we still register it as heartbreaking, it has lost that first horrifying, "Oh my dear God in Heaven, how could something like this ever happen?" effect.

We have now had almost a week to constantly ponder "jaw-dropping" news. We have adjusted to the idea, and we have come up with at least 50 worthy scenarios that could fit the description of "jaw-dropping."

In actuality, the majority of them are most likely over-kill.

However, many people are already feeling jaded by the concept. By the time we have mulled this over for a month, the shock value when we finally get it, may surely be there, but it most likely is going to be greatly reduced in value.
    You're absolutely dead-on in your analysis. Which begs the question: why would Sir Steve hold on to it for a month? There are only a couple of possibilities--one is that he has to protect a source who could be in legal/financial jeopardy AND/OR he's worried about his own liability.

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3300410;
    You're absolutely dead-on in your analysis. Which begs the question: why would Sir Steve hold on to it for a month? There are only a couple of possibilities--one is that he has to protect a source who could be in legal/financial jeopardy AND/OR he's worried about his own liability.
    I think both could be true, and he may well get bullied out of ever posting it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3300410;
    I am not legally-oriented, so it may be that I simply don't know how to address your post; however, I wonder if it is simply that he got hold of what he thought was a juicy scoop. If he waited too long, it would leak out somehow, somewhere else, and he would lose his chance of controlling the scoop. Maybe it was just too good to pass up?
    As it is, he taunted the FORT which may not have been such a wise thing to do on his part.
    Also, although he did not point his javelin in the direction of the Jokers's site, they took him and his challenge personally and with a venegeance. They were all over him from the first word out of his mouth.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

... or he is fabricating the entire thing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCity;3300426;
    ... or he is fabricating the entire thing.
    I don't think he is. He has come across a scoop. Our legal eagles may discover some things for us, and it may be that what he knows, he has to dole out earlier than he had wished and in what I would call "controlled" manners. By that I mean he may have to carefully pick and choose from his information what he can actually dissiminate, and then he has to word it in an extremely careful manner.