Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

As far as all of the comments and interviews with Jake saying 'I fell for more than woman', or 'I loved more than one woman' blah blah blah, of course its not true!! Thats the kind of stuff MF and producers tell Jake to say to mislead viewers. Of course Jake has to act 'heartbroken' when letting women go. Would you want your bachelor standing at the podium to send girls home with a big smile on his face, knowing he was all that much closer to being with the one he truly loves???

I'm sure that Vienna is well aware of how it works and why he is saying the things he is saying. I also am quite confident that Jake and Vienna have seen each other all throughout the final process. The network helps them out, for sure. I'm sure he has to say " I havent seen anyone..." to mislead everyone. Kinda like Mesnick did when he was seeing Molly behind Melissa's back.

FORT Fan

I think this is the most boring season... we'll have to wait for the ATFR to start a new thread for Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Teamkip;3840081;
    I think this is the most boring season... we'll have to wait for the ATFR to start a new thread for Ali
    I know it is very boring though I still appreciated the adult conversations. (home with two little ones all day) Thank goodness the ATFR is on Monday so Tuesday morning hopefully something will be started.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by quietlurker;3840037;
    Thank you sweetpea!! For a while now I couldnt put words to what it was Ali was doing with that whole 'should I stay or should I go' nonsense about going back to work. You are right, it was a passive-aggressive attempt to get Jake to tell her to stay - to give her some 'sign' that he was choosing her. It wasnt about work at all, she wanted Jake to tell her to stay. He didnt. If backfire in her face.

I do not believe that MF had already signed her on to be the next b'ette by that time, but I do believe it crossed his mind. Any of the contestants that make it to the last 3-4 MF is considering as the next b'ette.

IF Ali is the next b'ette, MF didnt sign her up because he was so enamored with Ali, or because he felt she'd really pull in an audience and help boost his ratings, its because she was one final gals. Nothing more. Unfortunately, MF probably realizes now he made a mistake. Ali is just not that newsworthy other than negative newsworthy, and she's just not that personable, likeable, compassionate, or even really that 'hot'. Ali is not the girl next door. Ali is more like the bully down the street.

Jake and Vienna are doing fine I'm sure. If Jake were to make an appearance on the Ali show, its to wish her good luck as a friend only and nothing more. Thats assuming that A) Ali is the next b'ette, B) That Vienna is going to agree to let Jake around Ali after all the smack talking she did about Vienna or C) That Jake would want anything to do with Ali after all the smack talking she did it about Vienna.

btw - I believe Vienna is very pretty, with or without make up. Her eyes, and the shape of her eyes are very unusual and they are exceptionally pretty. Vienna is a very exotic looking woman. I cant blame Jake for falling for her.

I am looking forward to the next season, but more so for the sleuthing part of it. Ok ok.. I'll admit it.. I'm looking forward to the crazy temper tantrums, the men's reactions to her and her antics, potentially the highest number of contestants to voluntarily leave on their own, or the chance of the last guy standing rejecting her and deciding to come out of the closet instead.
    But, but, but, quietlurker, tell us how you really feel about Ali ! KIDDING!!

Seriously, everything you describe is practicallly a recommendation for Ali as the next B'ette. TPTB want someone to elicit strong emotions from viewers, whether favorable or unfavorable. Doesn't matter which. Best case would be a lead that has contestants split practically 50-50. Bring in the most viewers possible. What they don't want is a lead that everyone is neutral about, or has no feelings for whatsoever. That would be Jake. In that scenario, they have to fill up the roster with crazies for drama.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3840098;
    But, but, but, quietlurker, tell us how you really feel about Ali ! KIDDING!!

Seriously, everything you describe is practicallly a recommendation for Ali as the next B'ette. TPTB want someone to elicit strong emotions from viewers, whether favorable or unfavorable. Doesn't matter which. Best case would be a lead that has contestants split practically 50-50. Bring in the most viewers possible. What they don't want is a lead that everyone is neutral about, or has no feelings for whatsoever. That would be Jake. In that scenario, they have to fill up the roster with crazies for drama.
    LMAO.. Did you mean to say TPTB want someone to elicit STRANGE emotions or STRONG emotions from viewers?? LOL.. And, for the record, I think they did fill Jake's boring season with crazies. We got Elizabeth, Michelle, Horsewoman, Ali, Roz, and a few others out of the deal. Really, when I think about it, I should be thanking MF for the quality comic relief he provides.

You are right though Alexxxxxxxx, best case scenario is to have someone who's popularity is split between those that love em, and those that hate em.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to come up with a catchy slogan for Ali's season. Jake has "On the wings of love" for his special 'journey.' What could Ali's be?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by quietlurker;3840115;
    LMAO.. Did you mean to say TPTB want someone to elicit STRANGE emotions or STRONG emotions from viewers?? LOL.. And, for the record, I think they did fill Jake's boring season with crazies. We got Elizabeth, Michelle, Horsewoman, Ali, Roz, and a few others out of the deal. Really, when I think about it, I should be thanking MF for the quality comic relief he provides.

You are right though Alexxxxxxxx, best case scenario is to have someone who's popularity is split between those that love em, and those that hate em.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to come up with a catchy slogan for Ali's season. Jake has "On the wings of love" for his special 'journey.' What could Ali's be?
    Calgon, take me away (from my job) . . . .

OK, that's lame, lol, give me some more time . . .

Quote Originally Posted by quietlurker;3840037;
    Thank you sweetpea!! For a while now I couldnt put words to what it was Ali was doing with that whole 'should I stay or should I go' nonsense about going back to work. You are right, it was a passive-aggressive attempt to get Jake to tell her to stay - to give her some 'sign' that he was choosing her. It wasnt about work at all, she wanted Jake to tell her to stay. He didnt. If backfire in her face.
    If we go with the belief that the work situation was actually true, that she was told she had to choose between staying and keeping her job, then why WOULDN'T she want Jake to verbalize a reason to stay? To tell her to stay?

In today's world, giving up a job for a man who may or may not choose you is beyond risky. I didn't blame her one bit for searching for answers from him on where she stood, given the situation.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Is RS our only source regarding Ali being signed on as the next Bachelorette? I mean, it seems logical, but I wondered if there was official word.

Maybe Ali’s season theme should be “Take this Job and Shove It.”

FORT Fogey

RS seems VERY confident Ali is the next B'ette and also appears to think she's an okay choice.

Similar to Jill, I think TPTB have the advantage of Ali's big personality to work with. In comparing Jill and Jake as leads, Jill instigated way more dialogue than with her suitors than Jake; and I think Ali would be similar to Jill in this way. She was portrayed as harsh at times and whiny at others, but it suited the storyline purposes. I think we'll see a much stronger Ali as the lead and given her "Ivory Girl" appearance, I think many of the men in her season will be attracted to her.

We need a lead that can carry the show or else we have a show like Jake's where the suitors overtake the lead as the main character(s). Physically, Gia (or Tenley to a lesser extent) could have pulled off the B'ette, but not in personality. We simply don't know enough about the other women, other than Vienna, because we hardly saw them. We could have had alot worse next season than Ali and I am actually looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3840007;
    Frankly - does it really matter who the next bachelorette is?? Is anyone really going to be dead set against watching it if it's Ali? So she's not perfect - thank heavens for that!! After the transformation we saw of Jake's personality from Jill's to his own season it's safe to say the Ali we saw this season will be nothing like the Ali we will see next season.....just like a whole 'nother person.
    Interesting, because I thought, on the level most fundamental to the show that Jake was *exactly* the same guy on both shows: boldly going straight after something totally wrong for him...the bull's in the china shop and everything else be doomed.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.