Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3839784;
    I've got high hopes for Ali too, I think she has the shrewdness to keep MF on his toes and not cave in when pressured.
    If she truly signed on the dotted line of the contract then she has sold her soul to the Devil.

She's already shown us that she has handed MF control of herself by going through with that "call and beg to come back" stunt. I didn't see anything that resembled someone that was full of regret or anything that came remotely close begging on that now infamously fake and set up phone call. She didn't even cry while talking to Jake.

Add to that this continuing to act as if there's unfinished business between the two of them. If there is really that real unfinished, unrequitted love then don't doubt for one minute that TPTB would not have capitalized off of that and Jake would have moved heaven and earth (like Andy Baldwin) to make her stay. Or the producers forcing a AFTR2 just like the Melissa/Molly/Jasson B.S, that would have been another ratings goldmine. Not to mention, for someone who is still so in love with Jake she moved on pretty quick to take on the bachelorette lead..

Her season will end up resembling DeAnna's. Bitochiness is not a sign of intelligence but a sign of high maintenance. Hopefully the men will be SMOKING HOTT, otherwise the season will be a bust.
    Last edited by one71721; 02-25-2010 at 10:35 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3839815;
    If she truly signed on the dotted line of the contract then she has sold her soul to the Devil.

She's already shown us that she has handed MF control of herself by going through with that "call and beg to come back" stunt. I didn't see anything that resembled someone that was full of regret or anything that came remotely close begging on that now infamously fake and set up phone call. She didn't even cry while talking to Jake.

Add to that this continuing to act as if there's unfinished business between the two of them. If there is really that real unfinished, unrequitted love then don't doubt for one minute that TPTB would not have capitalized off of that and Jake would have moved heaven and earth (like Andy Baldwin) to make her stay. Or the producers forcing a AFTR2 just like the Melissa/Molly/Jasson B.S, that would have been another ratings goldmine. Not to mention, for someone who is still so in love with Jake she moved on pretty quick to take on the bachelorette lead..

Her season will end up resembling DeAnna's. Bitochiness is not a sign of intelligence but a sign of high maintenance. Hopefully the men will be SMOKING HOTT, otherwise the season will be a bust.
    I think this is KEY! These are the precedences. The leads made clearly known who they wanted, and the producers responded to make it happen. Although it is not anywhere near as clear, I think we can add Ed to that mix as well. Whatever was happening, Jillian was pining, and they threw in extra episodes that only happened in her season to get Ed back in place for contention.

If Jake had said to the producers, "I want Ali. I can't see it with anybody else;" I think that somebody high up would have used his/her influence with someone at Facebook to get Ali another couple of weeks ( with her job intact) to finish out the season.
    At the time that we saw the episode, between Jake and Chris we heard them say that Ali was ONE of the frontrunners, but she wasn't the one.
    It was only by the WTA and Ali was nearing the time of being announced the new Bachelorette that we heard she was the frontrunner. This makes Ali look more rejected and heartbroken, and her story more tragic.

We have to be astute about the edit and look at all of it, I think.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

RS' speculation is that if J&V break up before filming starts, then we could see Jake on Ali's season. That just leaves 2-3 weeks in real time.

I do not doubt for one moment that TPTB would love to have Jake on Ali's season. That would take this show to another new level; one season does not conclude until the end of the next season. I am sure they would make Ali keep him until quite late in the process so that viewers would stay tuned to see how it all ends. And you know what, I think Jake would be a willing participant.

Let's just see how the next couple of weeks plays out for J&V...
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-26-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Ali is nowhere near the bitch that DeAnna was. That being said, I strongly believe that DeAnna's season was a bust b/c people had this pure impression of her and she isn't at all like her edit portrayed her to be in Brad's season, whereas Ali's edit was not perfect at all. People's expectations of her are not going in any one direction. People couldn't see Jesse as the man for DeAnna based on what we thought she wanted. Ali hasn't been set up to fall from grace, so to speak.
    As far as being high maintenance, Ali was probably one of the lowest maintenance girls there, less superficial certainly than a lot of them imo. Going by the way she kept her hair and how she dresses I think she's more tom-boyish. That was my impression.
    Last edited by Luvvy; 02-25-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

I'm just afraid we'll have to listen to Ali's irritating whiney-groan-moan thing for an entire season....

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3839852;
    RS' speculation is that if J&V break up before filming starts, then we could see Jake on Ali's season. That just leaves 2-3 weeks in real time.

I do not doubt for one moment that TPTB would love to have Jake on Ali's season. That would take this show to another new level; one season does not conclude until the end of the next season. I am sure they would make Ali keep him until quite late in the process so that viewers would stay tuned to see how it all ends. And you know what, I think Jake would be a willing participant.

Yeah but don't forget the whole DRAMATIC build up that really amounted to NOT A DAY-UM thing when DeAnna returned on Jasson's season...

Yes, I can see Jake being a willing participant, if he truly has the itch to be an actor....

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3839857;
    Yeah but don't forget the whole DRAMATIC build up that really amounted to NOT A DAY-UM thing when DeAnna returned on Jasson's season...

Yes, I can see Jake being a willing participant, if he truly has the itch to be an actor....
    Nope, it sure didn't. It was just another ploy. I don't think Jake will show up on Ali's season. I don't think she would want to open that door again, given Jake wanted to come back and had cut ties with V.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3839852;

I think it would be really interesting if Jake goes on Ali's season....seriously!! It would be good only because the guys will just beat him up LOL!
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

I hope Jake has the dignity to Just Say No if this idea grows legs. Aren't most people over watching him?? He needs to go to Church, find a pretty, sweet girl and have a good life.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3839868;
    I hope Jake has the dignity to Just Say No if this idea grows legs. Aren't most people over watching him?? He needs to go to Church, find a pretty, sweet girl and have a good life.
    OMG YES! But you know TPTB left that door opened with all these statements alluding to unfinished business...
    How low will Mike Fliess go for ratings? Lower than ever thought possible.