Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

He told her she wasn't on the chopping block but he didn't tell her she was the frontrunner. If he had told her that, I think Ali may have stayed.
    I wonder too. However, I don't think they would've let her stay. Maybe they purposely broke them up for all we know. They saw Ali was the frontrunner, needed drama, wouldn't talk to her work to get more time, and needed her for the Bachelorette.

I think Jake hasn't exactly closed the door on things with Ali. I think he is purposefully trying to keep the door open "just in case" he and Vienna don't work out.
    I hate that Jake is doing this. This is not good for either parties involved. I'm curious to see his interaction with V and Tenley at ATFR and how Jake reacts to Ali being the bachelorette. Perhaps that will finally close the door for her, but might not for him.

And let's face it, the one who gets all the crap is V. Not that I really like her but this girl is putting up with so much right now. Tsk tsk, all those tabloids and also from us sleuthers who keeps up with what Jake has said. Jake went above and beyond to let everyone know that he loved Ali, maybe to lead us astray but seriously I don't recall Jillian doing that at all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sungelly87;3839123;
    I agree with you. I think Jake saw something special in Vienna. But Jake did love other girls, the fan favorite actually, I think that's why I'm so over it this season. If he didn't want to let Ali back, then why say all the "she was the frontrunner the night she left", "I'll always love her", and "there was no closure". It lessens Jake and Vienna's story and romance.
    In my opinion, SPIN plain and simple. They needed Ali heartbroken to be the next 'ette. and who knows maybe they will break up and Jake will show up on Ali's season...please no!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sungelly87;3839188;
    And let's face it, the one who gets all the crap is V. Not that I really like her but this girl is putting up with so much right now. Tsk tsk, all those tabloids and also from us sleuthers who keeps up with what Jake has said. Jake went above and beyond to let everyone know that he loved Ali, maybe to lead us astray but seriously I don't recall Jillian doing that at all.
    I agree, but I don't think Jillian let Fleiss pull her strings quite as much as I think Jake has. JMO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by onlyme;3839258;
    In my opinion, SPIN plain and simple. They needed Ali heartbroken to be the next 'ette. and who knows maybe they will break up and Jake will show up on Ali's season...please no!!!
    Objectively? I have said several times that I think this is the answer. When Ali as the Bachelorette was still speculation based on RS's reveal, I said then that Jake would not take her back. Because it is the mode of operation for the the lead Bachelorette to be a rejected-heartbroken bachelorette from a previous season, it would be necessary somehow for Jake to reject her instead of just having her leave on her own as happened after the hometowns.
    When we heard that she was going to call him in St Lucia, I knew he was going to say "No" to her coming back.

Now, all of this other Jake loves Ali and star crossed lover stuff is pre-promotion and is being used to prepare the way for her announcement at the ATFR.

Listen! If he loved her as in I love you (like a husband), and she lovedhim as in I love you (like a wife), there was still time at the WTA to have called off the Vienna thing and to have shown Ali as the swapped F1 at the ATFR taping.

The truth is that Ali wants to be the Bachelorette.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839302;
    The truth is that Ali wants to be the Bachelorette.
    The whole faked and forced phone call to Jake on St. Lucia showed that Ali wasn't into Jake at all at that point. She'd moved on, as soon as she signed the dotted line to become the lead. Personally I didn't see her as that into him to begin with. I wonder if someone put the word in her ear very early on that she could be up for the starring role, so she was just going through the motions a lot of the time.

And the whole "I love her" thing with Ali....all of the Bachelors and Bachelorettes talk about being in love with more than one person, falling for more than one person. It's not new, and it's not real, it's just "bachelor-speak."

FORT Regular

I just wish Steve is wrong. Just this one time, I wish he was given a completely wrong information and he will be wrong in his conclusion.

For one, I just think he really believes he's the rockstar of bachelor spoilers and that people hangs on his every word. I just want him to be humbled and fall from his hgh horse.

Secondly, I really don't like Vienna. Not because of the tabloids but how she handled herself in this show. She came off a little crass based on what I watched throughout this season. I kind of did like Jake from Jillian's season so I wanted him to end up with a nice girl. I guess he didn't....Now, I think of him a little differently because of his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3839293;
    I agree, but I don't think Jillian let Fleiss pull her strings quite as much as I think Jake has. JMO
    I agree. I think Jake did everything TPTB wanted him to do in the post season interviews. I also think he is a lot better actor than we thought he was. He did a great job of hiding that he had an F1 and that they are still together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3839451;
    I agree. I think Jake did everything TPTB wanted him to do in the post season interviews. I also think he is a lot better actor than we thought he was. He did a great job of hiding that he had an F1 and that they are still together.
    Yes, he surely did! Its funny how so very few of us saw it and others couldn't, but Jake has had subtle signs all along that everything he was saying in the interviews just wasn't jiving with the final outcome. Some of the denials (his in interviews, not anyone on here) were making me almost mad at some points during the season. Oh well, at least I think its funny.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyme;3839258;
    Well, we've seen the "replay" almost every season, i.e some aspect of the previous season replayed for a different ending. This season we had two replays: the warning of the "bad guy/girl," and the "work/love dilemma." Last season, Jake warned Jill about Wes, who Jill eventually dumped, but this season, Jake will not heed the warnings about "bad girl" Vienna taking her to the F1 AND getting engaged! Last season, Ed left for work only to return for love and be welcomed back by Jill. This season, Ali leaves for work and is denied another chance.

Deanna came back to warn Jason about making the right choice. Not that that maneuver was ever to attempt a Jason/Deanna reunion, but I could see them trying that out on Ali. It fits with real-life dating situations in which an old flame somehow pops back into life. Also, what a crazy ending that would be!

Somehow, though, I doubt it. For some reason, despite all we know about the show, I wonder if they might actually try to find some matches for Ali. That depends on what matters more to Ali, finding a break into the entertainment industry or finding a relationship. I think it's the first, but there is a chance for some kinda "connection."

FORT Fan

I don't care so much about Jake anymore... let him learn the hard way about Vienna. I feel sorry for Tenley getting heartbroken ..
    And Ali is too good for Jake, I'm glad she gets her own season