Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3838282;
    yep....but that song played on Gia and Vienna's dates as well didn't it?
    What's more interesting to me is that the F1 song plays during Tenley's dates.

Quote Originally Posted by LS0919;3838848;
    I agree, and I think Jake is showing an example of this. He loves Vienna, faults and all. Everyone's past makes them who they are today. You live and you learn, and I don't think anyone should be looked down upon or labeled a certain way for mistakes they've made in the past. If Jake and Vienna make each other a better person, then great! Everyone's been asking for a happy ending (regardless of whether you like the person/s or not, an engagement and being happily in love is a happy ending) and people are upset that there is a happy ending. Go figure!
    I don't get it either. I was a huge Reid fan last season but I knew Ed was the one Jillian wanted. I was concerned for Jill because of all the stories about Ed but I'm very happy things seem to be working out for them. I think they're a much better match than she and Reid. I felt that way during the season as well although I loved Reid. And I felt Jason made the right decision in finally chosing Molly. I felt terrible for Melissa who was sooo sweet, but I was very happy for Jason and Molly. I felt they were a much better fit.

The ending of this show doesn't affect my life at all. If the couple are happy, I'm happy. That's why I tune in. I want to see whether the lead is able to negotiate their way through this situation and find the one that makes them happy. Sometimes they pull it off, sometimes they don't. If they do -
    Last edited by C4Real; 02-24-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3838851;

If he loves this girl, then those friends - like his family - will truly try to accept her into their midst because that is what friends and family do when they care.
    Not to be insulting but in some cases it is just not possible to accept your friend's chosen mate. My best friend has been with her bf for nearly a year and I really don't like him. He gives me the creeps whenever I am around him and she will not go anywhere without him.So needless to say I have not seen her in awhile.

So accepting a friend's mate is a nice thought in theory but sometimes it is gennuinely impossible.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by mhp601;3838175;
    Very disappointed I stayed up for that, to me that is not huge news. RS needed to tone down his promotion of that bit a little. Too much hype for such a news item. We knew he picked V so not much of a leap that they got engaged. Maybe a little leap that they are still together....but do I call that huge news, no way.
    You make my earlier point that RS has become like MF. He has learned to put out a word -Huge- that blows up expectations just like MF does in his edit. These two are the same coin in my opnion. RS plays on us.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3838867;
    Not to be insulting but in some cases it is just not possible to accept your friend's chosen mate. My best friend has been with her bf for nearly a year and I really don't like him. He gives me the creeps whenever I am around him and she will not go anywhere without him.So needless to say I have not seen her in awhile.

So accepting a friend's mate is a nice thought in theory but sometimes it is gennuinely impossible.
    Often intuitions about such situations are right on. How Jake's family may react to all these stories out there will influence how they relate to Vienna if and when she moves to Dallas? The bigger question is has Vienna matured overnight since filming ended and has learned how to navigate her way with the women she encounters in life. At the first sign of a comment from any woman in Jake's family will she put Jake in a predicament of having to choose between those that have known him forever and someone he knew for a few weeks while dating other women? Jake is the one who will have a lot on his plate with all the explaining and convincing he has to do with his family about his final choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3838851;
    I love your posts, and see you as one of our most astute posters, but I thought I would maybe point out my perspective on a couple of things to go along with yours. What is "huge" in terms of news? Did we think that Jake was going to be engaged to Vienna at the ATFR?

Here is our FORT poll:

View Poll Results: What Do You Think Happened?
    Proposal, currently engaged 57 11.66%
    Proposal, engagement ended 106 21.68%
    Proposal, never engaged, not dating 47 9.61%
    Proposal, never engaged, currently dating 11 2.25%
    No proposal, currently dating 32 6.54%
    No proposal, dated but no longer together 143 29.24%
    No proposal, never dated 93 19.02%

Obviously, with only rounded 12% of thinking they are currently engaged, it is a very large surprise!

Somebody up above mentioned that if Jake's FRIENDS are calling Vienna "swamp girl", and they won't accept her, then he needs to re-consider his friends. I think I have to agree with this. I have had friends that I wondered about their choice of mate, but I learned to accept their choice rather than to lose their friendship.

If he loves this girl, then those friends - like his family - will truly try to accept her into their midst because that is what friends and family do when they care.

Bloomers, this is the reason I felt it amounted to 'huge' news as well. I was surprised when everyone said what is huge about that? I was expecting everyone to say 'Wow, I was sure there wasn't a proposal, I was sure he wasn't with her, I was sure he went back after Ali - I'm shocked'. I think it was big news just not the news most were hoping for.

I also agree that his friends, if they're truly his friends, will do their best to accept Vienna. That's just life. You either find a way to live with it or you lose a friend.

I've seen a lot of comments asking why Jake looked so sad in interviews, why he said the things he did about Ali, shouldn't Vienna be hurt and insulted he left her under the bus, etc.

I think it's clear TPTB sat down with Jake, and Vienna too probably, and explained how they would trick the media and help the ratings. Jake was given the role to play of the sad and lonely bachelor. He was given specific lines to say, such as "I didn't have to pick anybody" and "I haven't been allowed to see or talk to anyone since the show ended."

If TPTB didn't discuss this with Vienna directly then Jake passed on the info to her. She knew he'd be acting. She knew he'd say stuff that would make people think he wanted Ali to come back. They were probably laughing it up on the phone after every interview. "Do you think they bought it? Did I look sad enough? Did I take it too far?"

I don't expect the Jake/Vienna relationship to last, for reasons already detailed extensively, BUT I also thought Jason and Molly wouldn't make it beyond the 3 month mark and they're getting married within the next week or so.

I also think RS's was huge news, especially since only 12% of Forters in that poll thought Jake had proposed and was still engaged (and how many of those 12% thought he was engaged to Ali or Tenley instead of Vienna?). Jake played his role very well, he fooled a lot of us.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3838897;
    Bloomers, this is the reason I felt it amounted to 'huge' news as well. I was surprised when everyone said what is huge about that? I was expecting everyone to say 'Wow, I was sure there wasn't a proposal, I was sure he wasn't with her, I was sure he went back after Ali - I'm shocked'. I think it was big news just not the news most were hoping for.

I also agree that his friends, if they're truly his friends, will do their best to accept Vienna. That's just life. You either find a way to live with it or you lose a friend.
    IMO, You hit the nail on the head. So many people were coming out of the woodwork saying there's no way that V and J are together. Granted, around here we have had our fair share of crazy, fantasy scenarios go around so nothing should really come as a huge shock to us FORTers.
    Oh, and let's remember, none of his friends have officially met Vienna, they have just been judging a book by its rather exploited cover like the rest of us. What all we know, for the most part, is all that they know.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3838903;
    I've seen a lot of comments asking why Jake looked so sad in interviews, why he said the things he did about Ali, shouldn't Vienna be hurt and insulted he left her under the bus, etc.

I think it's clear TPTB sat down with Jake, and Vienna too probably, and explained how they would trick the media and help the ratings. Jake was given the role to play of the sad and lonely bachelor. He was given specific lines to say, such as "I didn't have to pick anybody" and "I haven't been allowed to see or talk to anyone since the show ended."

If TPTB didn't discuss this with Vienna directly then Jake passed on the info to her. She knew he'd be acting. She knew he'd say stuff that would make people think he wanted Ali to come back. They were probably laughing it up on the phone after every interview. "Do you think they bought it? Did I look sad enough? Did I take it too far?"

I don't expect the Jake/Vienna relationship to last, for reasons already detailed extensively, BUT I also thought Jason and Molly wouldn't make it beyond the 3 month mark and they're getting married within the next week or so.

I also think RS's was huge news, especially since only 12% of Forters in that poll thought Jake had proposed and was still engaged (and how many of those 12% thought he was engaged to Ali or Tenley instead of Vienna?). Jake played his role very well, he fooled a lot of us.

Well said Terabithia, I've been thinking the same thing. Why I didn't post that, I don't know! , but I'm glad you did. If there's so much scripting during the filming of the show there's no doubt scripting for the interviews during the airing of the season and I'm sure Vienna was in on it too. Not that she was happy with what they were doing but she signed away her rights in the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3838332;
    I know Vienna is the F1 and per RS and CH they are enganged and happy, but I still must have missed something this season. I just don't see thier connection.
    She makes googly eyes at him.
    She is very active which he loves.
    He said they are the same in many ways.
    She smiles and laughs a lot.
    He wants fun, she is fun.
    He hates games and she just puts it out there with no filter.
    She can be strong when he is weak.
    And lastly there is the mystery we call chemistry.