Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesies;3816620;
    What if at the last moment due to garbage coming out about one bachelorette....TPTB have the chance to fix that AND stick it to RS....what would you think then?
    Spill ... do you think they're going to reshoot the ending so Jake doesn't pick anyone?

IDK, I think to Fleiss any publicity (especially smutty) is good publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3816647;
    Spill ... do you think they're going to reshoot the ending so Jake doesn't pick anyone?

I highly doubt Fleiss would go through the expense of reshooting an FRC just to stick it to RS.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Everyone keeps saying that the bombshell occurs before the non-RC. Is there another episode description other than this?

As Jake returns to Los Angeles for the rose ceremony, he’s certain of his next decision. But nothing has prepared him for what happens next. One bachelorette makes a surprise visit to his room, disclosing a totally unexpected shocking revelation, which leaves Jake reeling. In a season filled with surprises, there is another huge one: for the first time in “Bachelor” history, there will be no rose ceremony.

Read in order, it looks like the bombshell does occur before the non-RC. However, it doesn’t specifically state that it does.

Yesterday I was wondering about the expression on Jake’s face when CH was telling the girls there wouldn’t be a RC. He looks rather tickled. I would think if the reason for there not being a RC is because one of his favorites was voluntarily leaving, he wouldn’t have that expression, even for a second. I agree with RS. I think CH is going to announce that all 4 get to go to St. Lucia. And I agree with the poster who thought maybe that decision was made after the RC was set up. Otherwise they could have made the announcement during the cocktail hour(s).

Could Ali’s reason for not going to St. Lucia be due to her fear of flying? Remember on the first episode she said she never went on vacations with others because of that fear. I think that’s a flimsy excuse though.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3816647;

I do..and not just to stick it to RS..but to distance the franchise and ABC from the nasty fall out to come. This is about money and they will spend money to save the franchise. What is coming down the pike can and will hurt the franchise if they do not work fast.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3816654;
    I highly doubt Fleiss would go through the expense of reshooting an FRC just to stick it to RS.
    I respect your right to hold that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesies;3816686;
    I do..and not just to stick it to RS..but to distance the franchise and ABC from the nasty fall out to come. This is about money and they will spend money to save the franchise. What is coming down the pike can and will hurt the franchise if they do not work fast.

This season’s type of drama is exactly what brings in the ratings dollars. How can anyone of us say how the rest of the season is going to pan out and that it will spell the end of the franchise – that’s what everyone thought would happen when Brad chose nobody, but all that did was give Fleiss an avenue to redirect his show to bring in more viewers and higher ratings and look at the ratings for this season – Jake is hauling butt.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3816692;
    This season’s type of drama is exactly what brings in the ratings dollars. How can anyone of us say how the rest of the season is going to pan out and that it will spell the end of the franchise – that’s what everyone thought would happen when Brad chose nobody, but all that did was give Fleiss an avenue to redirect his show to bring in more viewers and higher ratings and look at the ratings for this season – Jake is hauling butt.
    It is not what is happening now onscreen that could spell the end...or bring tremendously bad PR to the network...it is the surrounding atmosphere of one person...they will do whatever they can to distance themselves from that type of person and behavior...the network has viewers in huge part....housewives, middle america and they no likey the brown bag covered type of media.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3816692;
    In my opinion, when they orchestrated that whole Jason, Melissa, Molly ugliness and then absolutely rolled around in it in delight like a bee in clover when it was splashed in ignominy in every possible media outlet big and small, they not only upped the ante for the Fleissian philosphy for "trash sells", but they showed that they were going to exploit it for all that it was worth.
    Notice that they did absolutely nothing to deter any possible damage that all the Edgate might do to the franchise. In fact, there are a good many people who believe that there were actually people behind the scenes fanning the flames and milking the situation for all it was worth for the ratings.

Now, Jake is getting the highest ratings in many seasons. Is it because Jake is exciting, or is it because they are hyping trash to the max in the promos?

If it is the latter, then you can very possibly expect them to do zero to help Jake out with all the flack about Vienna....afterall, they are the ones editing her anyway!
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3816707;
    In my opinion, when they orchestrated that whole Jason, Melissa, Molly ugliness and then absolutely rolled around in it in delight like a bee in clover when it was splashed in ignominy in every possible media outlet big and small, they not only upped the ante for the Fleissian philosphy for "trash sells", but they showed that they were going to exploit it for all that it was worth.
    Notice that they did absolutely nothing to deter any possible damage that all the Edgate might do to the franchise. In fact, there are a good many people who believe that there were actually people behind the scenes fanning the flames and milking the situation for all it was worth for the ratings.

Now, Jake is getting the highest ratings in many seasons. Is it because Jake is exciting, or is it because they are hyping trash to the max in the promos?

If it is the latter, then you can very possibly expect them to do zero to help Jake out with all the flack about Vienna....afterall, they are the ones editing her anyway!
    exactly - all this drama would've/could've been avoided if they didn't want it. Sex sells - always has always will. bottom line.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3816665;
    Read in order, it looks like the bombshell does occur before the non-RC. However, it doesn’t specifically state that it does.

Yesterday I was wondering about the expression on Jake’s face when CH was telling the girls there wouldn’t be a RC. He looks rather tickled. I would think if the reason for there not being a RC is because one of his favorites was voluntarily leaving, he wouldn’t have that expression, even for a second. I agree with RS. I think CH is going to announce that all 4 get to go to St. Lucia. And I agree with the poster who thought maybe that decision was made after the RC was set up. Otherwise they could have made the announcement during the cocktail hour(s).
    I noticed how happy he looked as well. I went back to watch the previews because if there isn't a rose ceremony and no one is going home, there should be 4 roses right? But on the rose stand in the previews of when Chris H. is talking to the four girls, there are only 3 roses. So if Ali asks to leave before the RC (the RC that isn't going to happen), why is she at the RC?

The fear of flying is a good thought...I can't imagine that being the thing to keep me from fighting for a potential husband though!