Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3816207;
    Undoubtedly this showed Ali that not only does he NOT cut Vienna this time around, he decides to not even leave ROOM to even cut Vienna by choosing to take all four.
    If Ali's expression was any indication at last night's RC she checked herself out once Vienna got the rose. His questioning and defending Vienna during their 1-1 date was the starting point for Ali starting to distance herself from the show and Jake. She went from a giggling, happy person to a "whatever" it's 100% your decision attitude in seconds. Work or not, she wasn't going to let Jake make the decision whether she stays or goes eventually, not when Vienna was still there as the edit of the storyline goes.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3815945;
    She didn't know if she would be his F1. If she left because of work issues, I can't blame her, in this economy, for choosing her job instead of a 25% chance of being Jakes' F1. All she would have when she got home would be a broken heart and no job.
    Even if she knew she was going to be F1, it would be foolish of her to give up a job/career that she likes for a man. I surely wouldn't!!! I'll die alone before giving up my job for a guy who may change his mind (or I might) in a few months and THEN where would I be?

I thought it was mighty brave of Trista to uproot herself from FL to move to CO to be with Ryan and they made it work. I am sure it wasn't easy but she also didn't have the same passion for her job (cheerleader for a basketball team?) as Ali seems to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3816023;
    This is what RS says about next week.

if it happens like this I will love Ali even more

Huh, then are we thinking that the girl with the hotel room revelation and the RC cancellation are not related? It seemed that the chronology of events was that Ali supposedly reveals something to Jake in his hotel room and this upends the rose ceremony. Now they're totally unrelated events according to RS????

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3816363;
    Me too, but that doesn't explain the 'bombshell' Jake gets before the RC.
    Remember, though, that in Bachelorland, the term "bombshell" means "bit of information."
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3816385;
    Even if she knew she was going to be F1, it would be foolish of her to give up a job/career that she likes for a man. I surely wouldn't!!! I'll die alone before giving up my job for a guy who may change his mind (or I might) in a few months and THEN where would I be?

I thought it was mighty brave of Trista to uproot herself from FL to move to CO to be with Ryan and they made it work. I am sure it wasn't easy but she also didn't have the same passion for her job (cheerleader for a basketball team?) as Ali seems to have.
    I agree. Ali, or anyone else, would be foolish to do it if they didn't see a very reasonable chance of a future with this person. Trista was actually a pediatric Physical Therapist so she did give up a promising career, or a career that she spent five or so years of college to obtain. She also had allergies to animals and took shots to tolerate Ryan's dog. She was in love no doubt and I'm happy that they've made it work. I still adore their love story... probably the only one I've seen in this franchise. I'm hoping that Ed/Jillie and Molly/Jason can find a wonderful marriage together.

This show is sleaze at its core, but once in a while something romantic comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3816406;
    This show is sleaze at its core, but once in a while something romantic comes of it.
    Almost in spite of the show, it seems

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3816023;
    This is what RS says about next week.

if it happens like this I will love Ali even more
    Well, RS says it is speculation . . .

I don't think it happens this way. If Jake was going to take all 4 to St. Lucia --

Why are there three roses on the table?

What about the pre-RC revelation in his hotel room? What's that about?

RS is pretty good about distinguishing between what he knows and what he thinks, and this one is pure speculation.

I don't think so . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3816428;

I don't think it happens this way. If Jake was going to take all 4 to St. Lucia --

RS is pretty good about distinguishing between what he knows and what he thinks, and this one is pure speculation.

I don't think so . . .
    I agree. The press release states it's before the RC that he gets a bombshell. I think the part we see in the commercial is when the lady (I think Ali) leaves his room. Ali decides to face the women about why there won't be a RC. Jake is ok with it at first, but then after she leaves he goes into his 'Jason' mode and breaks down.

Yes, I do think this really shakes Jake. I don't think that's faked. But, I don't feel squat for him. He wanted the women to open up to him and he rejected them after doing it and he just didn't like it happening to him again (like with Jillian). However, he knew going into this that could happen just like those rejected women did.

If some thought Jake seemed 'off' before, he probably will seem even more so after.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3816464;
    I'm not sure you got the point of my post. I'm not sure if you ever do, lol!

Trista gave up living in sunny Florida, moved to the cold mountains of Colorado (a lot of people speculated that it would never work), she was allergic to animal dander (she cut one guy everyone thought because of it - I think it was horses or something), she gave up her cheerleading career (it was never that, just something she did. She has a masters degree in PT), Charlie was so much more Trista's type..... you get my drift?

We have no idea why these people pick who they pick. Trista saw a future with Ryan and more power to her. She's been the only one so far who knew exactly what she wanted and she picked the ONE who could give it to her. Good choice!

eta: Charlie was NOT my pick for Trista. Ryan was. One of my few corrects.
    Yes, well I was distracted by the comments about wasting of her years of school for pediatric PT, and I know nothing about her various extra curricular activities. Added to which, I tend to pay no attention at all to geography, as long as you're near an airport, and have the means to travel I think it matters very little these days. So my point (do you get the feeling sometimes that we're just serving tennis balls at each other paying more attention to our serves while ignoring potential returns?) is that it's not so much about giving up your career for a guy, especially when you can use your hard earned degrees and professional skills anywhere. You may not do so for a boyfriend, but for a husband/fiancee it's not so difficult. This is somewhat reflective of the people in my world though, in which marriages take place quickly after meeting, not a whole lot of dating and relocating is almost always involved for one or both of the partners.

When you find someone who works on paper, or works well enough on other levels enough to make that paper moot, then moving around isn't that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3816428;

I don't think so . . .

exactly! I'd say Steve's off here.