Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3373578;
    I don't understand...is everyone saying that the girls that were the most popular with the other girls is supposed to be the one Jason picks?

If that were the case there are alot of girls rooming together whether in college or in roommates to share costs who shouldn't be getting the guy either.

Molly was a different personality than Melissa and Jillian. Molly even stated the high engery Melissa had the people gravitate toward her.

Molly though very self confident didn't seem to be focusing on being with the girls and being popular..seems she had that in her college days. I really feel she was focused on Jason...she was really attracted to him.
    No, not saying that at all, if that were the case he'd probably have ended up with Stephanie as everyone seemed to adore her. I was responding to the post where someone said that:

To me Molly knew the real Melissa remember she lived in that house with those girls day and night. The Melissa that Molly knew was not the Melissa that Jason knew.

To me that made it sound like Molly saw some evil "real" side of Melissa that Jason didn't see because she lived in the house with her. It just didn't add up with what all the other girls said about Melissa and they lived with her too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3373516;
    Molly didn't want him to get hurt again because she felt either Jason or Melissa would break up because they simply weren't at the same point in life.
    I don't think she thought badly of Melissa at all, she just felt Melissa was too much into her life in Dallas, and not ready for an instant family.
    I am most of all a student of the edit. I can theorize like everyone else, but what I know is that what is put in the edit is used to point to a pre-determined end. Therefore, it does no good at all to say "I think so and so because...."
    What posters who seriously study the edit have also found over the seasons is that sometimes things in the edit are put in or left in to point back as a reference or even as a commentary.
    On the Editing Thread we discussed how remarks like Meredith's "Ian is like every guy who has ever broken my heart" was left in the edit because it points back to the fact that in retrospect he did become one of those guys ( and the editors figured he would )
    There are many examples like this...

Now when the edit showed Molly saying that Melissa was going to hurt Jason, I prepared to see some evidence (not "I think") to back up that edit. When I didn't see that evidence, I began to look at the edit as a commentary.
    What I see is editorial irony. Who got hurt? Jason? Or did Jason and Molly hurt Melissa?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3373580;
    I asked in another thread but it never got answered, so, I'll try here. In an interview Jason did before the show ended he made a statement something to the effect of "she's the same off the camera as on" and I wondered if he said that when he was with Molly or Melissa. It could be very telling depending on whom he was with.
    Well he said that once they got back from NZ and there were no cameras around that Melissa and him didn't communicate very well. Would say someone was a little different than they portrayed on the show...just saying.

My personal opinion is what you see with Molly is what you get...she wasn't over the top emotional, confident, laid back, and just a girl-next-door type individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3373588;
    What I see is editorial irony. Who got hurt? Jason? Or did Jason and Molly hurt Melissa?
    Some think Molly may have said that to put doubt in Jason's mind about Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3373590;
    Well he said that once they got back from NZ and there were no cameras around that Melissa and him didn't communicate very well. Would say someone was a little different than they portrayed on the show...just saying.

My personal opinion is what you see with Molly is what you get...she wasn't over the top emotional, confident, laid back, and just a girl-next-door type individual.
    I don't think that it was necessarily that Melissa "changed" when it was over per se, but that their relationship changed and that could also be due to the fact that Jason had realized immediately that he was truly in love with Molly and his heart wasn't in it in the relationship with Melissa.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3373594;
    I think this is exactly why she did it. She knows how easily led he is.

Have we ever had a F2 be so adamant about this before?

FORT Regular

Zula: You are right..We have never heard, "What if you choose the wrong one...or she's not right for you.." I'm sure
    Molly was using every trick in the book to get Jason back. Oh well..

You know, I think that Melissa needed a really strong emotional guy. While Molly may end up being "the boss" in Jason's life (not matter how short the relationship is). Maybe Jason/Melissa weren't a match, but the way it all played out was wrong.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3373594;
    Again, that's conjecture, and everybody's having a blast with it.

But, what does the editing say or point to? Does the editing or anything since show that Melissa hurt Jason in any way?

We know that the editing as shown was completed after the ATFR was filmed, and as such would have reflected anything said or done at the ATFR that indicated that Melissa had hurt Jason.

Therefore, the editing is either reflecting the knowledge that Melissa is going to hurt Jason in some way, or it is making some sort of ironical commentary.
    Since I can cite many examples of edited ironical commentary over the Bachelor seasons, it is not unbelievable to consider that given the circumstances this is another example of edited ironical commentary.

BTW, again the whole deal with Jillian and the best friends edit was another example of edited ironical commentary.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3373588;
    I am most of all a student of the edit. I can theorize like everyone else, but what I know is that what is put in the edit is used to point to a pre-determined end. Therefore, it does no good at all to say "I think so and so because...."
    What posters who seriously study the edit have also found over the seasons is that sometimes things in the edit are put in or left in to point back as a reference or even as a commentary.
    On the Editing Thread we discussed how remarks like Meredith's "Ian is like every guy who has ever broken my heart" was left in the edit because it points back to the fact that in retrospect he did become one of those guys ( and the editors figured he would )
    There are many examples like this...

Now when the edit showed Molly saying that Melissa was going to hurt Jason, I prepared to see some evidence (not "I think") to back up that edit. When I didn't see that evidence, I began to look at the edit as a commentary.
    Bloomers ~ excellent descriptive post!! Especially for those of us who are rookies!
    I never thought I'd have a need to do so much analysis of a show ~ until this season!!
    I'm learning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3373611;
    Again, that's conjecture, and everybody's having a blast with it.

But, what does the editing say or point to? Does the editing or anything since show that Melissa hurt Jason in any way?

We know that the editing as shown was completed after the ATFR was filmed, and as such would have reflected anything said or done at the ATFR that indicated that Melissa had hurt Jason.

Therefore, the editing is either reflecting the knowledge that Melissa is going to hurt Jason in some way, or it is making some sort of ironical commentary.
    Since I can cite many examples of edited ironical commentary over the Bachelor seasons, it is not unbelievable to consider that given the circumstances this is another example of edited ironical commentary.

BTW, again the whole deal with Jillian and the best friends edit was another example of edited ironical commentary.
    It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall when they do all this editing...thanks for your analysis.