Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3347451;
    from the ABC press release for the finale:
    ABC Medianet

Immediately Following the Season Finale, the Story Comes to an Unexpected
    and Shocking Conclusion on "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose"

and

Jason's proposal to the love of his life was one of the most romantic moments in Bachelor history, but no one is prepared for what happens when Jason and the final two women return to the studio for "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose." Emotions run high at the unexpected and shocking ending of Jason's journey to find true love, on the one-hour special, "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose," MONDAY, MARCH 2 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET).

My question: If you don't believe RS's story that Jason dumps Mel then what do you think is the unexpected and shocking conclusion?
    Doesn't that insinuate that his F1 is still the "love of his life"?

I am going to put some words into RS' mouth here for a minute and say what I think he meant by it was scripted from the beginning.

I think that TPTB knew that this show was on it's last leg as the ratings have been going downhill for awhile. MF has said many times that he does not care about giving the viewers a love story. For some unknown reason MF thinks that we the viewers would rather see the drama. I firmly believe that TPTB decided before filming of this season that they wanted to change things up and do something that has never been done before. They wanted a switch from F1 to F2.

I do not think that TPTB picked Melissa and Molly out from the get go as the F1 and F2. I think they watched Jason, saw who he was most interested in. Proof of this is Molly getting the rose petals. Jason knew at some point before the ending that he wanted either Molly or Melissa. TPTB then planted doubt in Jason's head about Molly so that Jason would go after Melissa. Then closer to the end they started planting those doubts about Melissa. This makes Jason unsure of what to do. They urge him to pick Melissa at the end and tell him that if he wants to he can still talk to Molly and change his mind. Jason for some unknown crazy reason believes them and trusts them and does what he is told to do. He picks Melissa but she doesn't know about him wanting Molly as well. TPTB do NOT tell Melissa that Jason is talking to/seeing Molly still. Molly is told that Jason and Melissa are over and that Jason wants to talk to/see her. Jason thinks that both women know. TPTB use all three of them for their own sick twisted game and show. Jason goes to the AFTR part 1 and tells Melissa (thinking she already knows the deal) that he wants to break it off and be with Molly. Molly herself is shocked to find out that she was lied to. Jason ends up with NO ONE because both women feel that Jason was a part of it all along (even if he wasn't). TPTB don't give a rats behind who is mad at who because they have their shocking, never before been done ending.

I know I have said in the past that Jason was a jerk for doing what he did. I do think that telling Melissa he wanted it over and wanted Molly at the ATFR was wrong, he should have manned up and trusted only himself. I honestly do not see how anyone can think that TPTB really cares about any of these people. It isn't as if they will share christmas cards or go to each others house for parties and such. MF does what MF wants to and if someone gets in his way, then he runs over them with that bus.

[mod edit]
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-25-2009 at 04:53 PM.

ABC Medianet

and

Jason's proposal to the love of his life was one of the most romantic moments in Bachelor history, but no one is prepared for what happens when Jason and the final two women return to the studio for "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose." Emotions run high at the unexpected and shocking ending of Jason's journey to find true love, on the one-hour special, "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose," MONDAY, MARCH 2 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET).

My question: If you don't believe RS's story that Jason dumps Mel then what do you think is the unexpected and shocking conclusion?
    This description from ABC itself, is why I think RS has is correct about the post FRC switch. It is the conspiracy thoery I am agnostic on. I believe Jason is with Molly.... for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3347462;
    And since when is the Final Rose Ceremony not the conclusion? The After The Final Rose is supposed to be an update on the couple...
    Since MF said "Just when you think the show is going to end, it doesn't"?

Quote Originally Posted by lyzm;3347468;
    Doesn't that insinuate that his F1 is still the "love of his life"?
    nope, it could be tongue-in-cheek, it could be purposefully misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3347469;
    I am going to put some words into RS' mouth here for a minute and say what I think he meant by it was scripted from the beginning.

I think that TPTB knew that this show was on it's last leg as the ratings have been going downhill for awhile.
    But haven't the ratings been getting stronger since Brad's season? DeAnna's ratings were up, and from the get-go, Jason's ratings were high again..people were tuning in again to see the single dad find love.

I do agree that Fleiss likes his drama. I just don't necessarily think they'd go to RS' alleged extents to manufacture it. And you are right, no one really knows unless they were actually there to witness it. Everything, at this point, is alleged.

ABC Medianet

and

Jason's proposal to the love of his life was one of the most romantic moments in Bachelor history, but o one is prepared for what happens when Jason and the final two women return to the studio
    for "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose." Emotions run high at the unexpected and shocking ending of Jason's journey to find true love, on the one-hour special, "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose," MONDAY, MARCH 2 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET).

Why do they flip back and forth between the past and the present.

Reality TV doesn't exist theRealist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3347455;
    I am not sure which "side" is right in all of this and sadly doubt that the unvarnished truth will ever see the light of day. However, I am more suspicious by the TPTB's actions and inactions than the actual rumors themselves.

The fluctuations in the PR and promotion of the show - especially the finale and AFTRs - is what has me curious. The positioning is a 180 from what was promised 7 weeks ago.
    I believe that the truth will eventually come out as how everything happened, Fleiss may own these people for awhile but he certainly doesn't own them for the rest of their entire life. I think once the whole bachelor series has been scrapped, there will a lot of people (not just from this season) who will come out with the truth about this show. Who knows, Fleiss may even be the one talking; taking great pride in how these people were so easily manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by theRealist;3347489;
    I think once the whole bachelor series has been scrapped, there will a lot of people (not just from this season) who will come out with the truth about this show.
    That could be a reality show in itself. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3347488;
    Why do they flip back and forth between the past and the present.
    Because the past is prologue?