Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by beaches61;3345704;
    My thoughts on the shocker:

Molly has nothing to do with it and it is about Mel's parents.

I think Jason picked Mel, she was and still is the ONE and the private show is about her weird, unsupportive parents repairing their relationships and mending their public reputation that may get further trashed at the FRC. I am sure they are not happy Mel dragged them into the public eye. They have a pretty bad rep right now for not ever going to even one of her DCC games in 2 years, never meeting her friends or supporting her by meeting Jason. They appear to be pretty self-centered rigid parents, she called herself the blacksheep and has low self esteem. I was shocked when she said her father was adventurous and her mother was loving. REALLY, I think not. They could have gone to a restaurant to meet Jason and avoid camera's at their house. The public would not have attacked them on the street. They must have allusions of grandeur and papparazzi or something.

I remember Naomi said Mel was devastated when she called her parents from Seattle and they refused to meet Jason the next week and she had still not talked to them when she was in NZ a week later, so there is some hurt feelings there.

I originally thought Jason may have got the guts to call her dad prior to the FRC and may have been denied their blessing because they do not know him. He told Mel at the FRC, she did not care and he proposed. The private show is for repairing the rift with her phobic unsupportive parents.

BUT maybe after talking with De Jason decided to choose Mel regardless of the parents and proposes to Mel at FRC. And Mel tells him she loves him and wants to marry him but SHE has spoken to her parents from NZ and they do not support her accepting a proposal. Maybe she asks does he still want to marry her with that between them since parents are so important to him? He says she is perfect for him so they will just have to win them over together. The private show is still about repairing her parental relationship.

Or maybe Jason's parents do not want him to propose to Mel but he and Mel go forth with neither set of parents approval. Private show to mend all parental relationships.

Welcome to the board!

Your ending sounds great and if we are very lucky, maybe it will be something like this rather than the rumored train wreck. Still, I wouldn't get my hopes up that the happy ending, will be truly happy for Melissa. Sounds like this guy has labeled her as the dumpee like the ones before him.

A real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTaleLove;3345703;
    IMO, unless you were there witnessing the events first hand, you don't know anything. You can be told, you can believe, you can hear about it, but unless you witnessed it yourself, it's still a little like the game of Telephone.
    Well, of course. Which is why we'll probably never know the truth. All I'm saying is that his answers lead me to believe he either knows ABC's version of what happened or Jason's version of what happened. He definitely knows something.

FORT Newbie

I have an issue with reality steves opinions. When did the taping finally wrap up? Im talking the FRC?

Quote Originally Posted by flushindiamonds;3345726;
    I have an issue with reality steves opinions. When did the taping finally wrap up? Im talking the FRC?
    There is a whole thread about timing.

But to respond quickly, the photo data with the FRC shots released by ABC today on their medianet website show it was (as we'd all said all along) Nov 25.

FORT Newbie

maybe im waaaaaay off here. I dont know who he picks either way. I just dont see the whole cheating seeing the two girls at the same time. Not because it doesnt happen but Seattle and the snoqualamie area were flooded in December through most of January and at times there were no flights in or out and people were evacuating their homes with the help of police and such. The whole dramatic thing at the end i personally dont believe it has to do with "cheating" since the atfr was taped jan 18.

Quote Originally Posted by hom;3345705;
    I believe it was a closed set because they needed to keep the taping secret a while longer. But they couldn't wait until now to tape it and have a happy ending with he and Melissa without allowing some time between ATFR1 and 2. It had nothing to do with making it intimate for Melissa, if they wanted that he could break up with her OFF CAMERA.

Yall are way ahead of me in your knowledge of sc's and past seasons and theories, etc. I have always watched the showing thinking it truly was about a person trying to find true love and honestly, at my age, I should really know better. My elementary thought on the 'intimate' setting is simply this: TPTB suspected an audience's reaction to someone (especially Mel) being dumped in front of them and then Jason taking up with F2, would be hysterical verging on violent. Keep in mind that I'm a believer in RS's scenario. I believe that if events play out differently and there's a solid couple intact from FRC thru ATFR2 and beyond, it's not because Steve is lying but that he got really bad info from sources he absolutely trusts.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;3345570;
    He did NOT break up with her on national TV.. he broke up with her ALMOST 6 weeks ago on a closed set. Yes, it was going to be televised, but EVERY OTHER GIRL Jason didn't choose gets broken up with on TV, too... It's not in front of a national audience. Melissa will have had over 6 weeks to get over this "ambush" by the time it airs.. and has OBVIOUSLY moved on, since there is now speculation she's with her ex again. He didnt' break up with her in front of a national TV audience... He DIDN'T.
    True, I am not sure that Jason breaking up with Melissa on the ATFR set, is that much different from lets say Jason being rejected by Deanna on the FRC set. Both difficult and arguable humiliating experiences, both ultimately seen by millions of viewers.

I have to admit, at first I was outraged that Melissa was getting blindsided on TV. Now that I have reflected on it, while it is definately crappy, it is not much different than what the whole show is predictated upon and what contestants sign up for... at lot of bachelors and bachelorettes have felt blindsided at the FRC. I personally dont care who Jason picks ( I am a Jillian fan) - I wish him and whomever all the best.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 02-25-2009 at 08:50 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;3345570;
    He did NOT break up with her on national TV.. he broke up with her ALMOST 6 weeks ago on a closed set. Yes, it was going to be televised, but EVERY OTHER GIRL Jason didn't choose gets broken up with on TV, too... It's not in front of a national audience. Melissa will have had over 6 weeks to get over this "ambush" by the time it airs.. and has OBVIOUSLY moved on, since there is now speculation she's with her ex again. He didnt' break up with her in front of a national TV audience... He DIDN'T.
    sorry, I am behind reading all the posts, but I have to disagree. I think there is a big difference. Melissa was offered a ring, which she accepted. She went to the ATRC engaged to a guy she thought would be her husband (perhaps not very realistic) and she was (if rumors are true)basically blindsided. All the other girls prepared themselves before every RC, that this could be the night they were let go - Melissa would not be expecting this and I think that is what makes this so disgusting and again if it is true, Jason is no where near the man or human being I thought he was.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 02-25-2009 at 08:51 AM.

[QUOTE=justsaying;3345672;]My question is not about whether the event is filmed or not filmed. Do you find any difference between a humiliating event being taped on a closed set to be broadcast at a later date and it being broadcast live in front of an audience?[/QUOTE]

My answer is no. The result is the same either way, imo.
    Last edited by 2observe; 02-24-2009 at 08:38 PM.

BUT maybe after talking with De Jason decided to choose Mel regardless of the parents and proposes to Mel at FRC.
    When was DeAnna in New Zealand? Early in the season there was a video clip showing some girls reacting to her arrival. When was that? Does anyone have the screen caps? ABC now is presenting DeAnna as arriving just before the finale. That may not be when she was there. In which case DeAnna has no relevance to the outcome by last-minute advice/comments/whatever.