Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

  1. #13341
    FORT Fanatic mommyluvsnoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    702

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3345672;
    My question is not about whether the event is filmed or not filmed. Do you find any difference between a humiliating event being taped on a closed set to be broadcast at a later date and it being broadcast live in front of an audience?
    I don't know. I know I would probably respond differently. If there was an audience present I may tend to hide my emotions more- keep it inside for later. If no audience and just cameras, I would probably forget to do that and my reaction would be more natural. In other words they would get a more emotional response from me without the audience.

    How I felt after the fact would depend upon how it was edited. One thing about a live audience is they back up what really happened. No audience and it can be edited however. So yes I find a difference but not sure which is preferable.

  2. #13342
    FORT Fogey glowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,271

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by mommyluvsnoah;3345685;
    I don't know. I know I would probably respond differently. If there was an audience present I may tend to hide my emotions more- keep it inside for later. If no audience and just cameras, I would probably forget to do that and my reaction would be more natural. In other words they would get a more emotional response from me without the audience.

    How I felt after the fact would depend upon how it was edited. One thing about a live audience is they back up what really happened. No audience and it can be edited however. So yes I find a difference but not sure which is preferable.

    We are going to see a version that is edited to be the story they want to show and nothing else.

  3. #13343
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    182

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3345672;
    My question is not about whether the event is filmed or not filmed. Do you find any difference between a humiliating event being taped on a closed set to be broadcast at a later date and it being broadcast live in front of an audience?
    If I'm reading your question correcly, justsaying, I don't really think there is a big difference. The humiliation is so huge when you are caught that off guard with a camera in your face just to ensure that your deepest hurt is a huge ratings bonanza. I've always thought the "closed set" is only being mentioned to add to the drama and make more viewers turn in.

  4. #13344
    FORT Fanatic mommyluvsnoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    702

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by nonobadfish;3345692;
    If I'm reading your question correcly, justsaying, I don't really think there is a big difference. The humiliation is so huge when you are caught that off guard with a camera in your face just to ensure that your deepest hurt is a huge ratings bonanza. I've always thought the "closed set" is only being mentioned to add to the drama and make more viewers turn in.
    I think it is so they can spin it without any witnesses.

  5. #13345
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    460

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3344735;
    Just to be fair, Jason didn't change his mind about his ex or DeAnna. They made those changes for him.
    But I don't excuse his behavior if he was indeed with Molly behind Melissa's back.
    I agree, Ryvetted, this is why getting the time line straight is so important before being so judgmental on a message board. If he proposed in all sincerity, to Mel, and then ended it (for whatever reason) and then went on to Molly then that's one thing. If he began seeing Molly before he let Mel know that his feelings had changed that is unacceptable in the real world. If that is the case, how will he live this down? Why would he subject himself to judgment and ridicule for the sake of a reality show? This is what I'm not getting!! Do we know for a fact that Melissa is outraged and angry or is that an assumption based on people's reaction to the above scenario?

  6. #13346
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    16

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    My thoughts on the shocker:

    Molly has nothing to do with it and it is about Mel's parents.

    I think Jason picked Mel, she was and still is the ONE and the private show is about her weird, unsupportive parents repairing their relationships and mending their public reputation that may get further trashed at the FRC. I am sure they are not happy Mel dragged them into the public eye. They have a pretty bad rep right now for not ever going to even one of her DCC games in 2 years, never meeting her friends or supporting her by meeting Jason. They appear to be pretty self-centered rigid parents, she called herself the blacksheep and has low self esteem. I was shocked when she said her father was adventurous and her mother was loving. REALLY, I think not. They could have gone to a restaurant to meet Jason and avoid camera's at their house. The public would not have attacked them on the street. They must have allusions of grandeur and papparazzi or something.

    I remember Naomi said Mel was devastated when she called her parents from Seattle and they refused to meet Jason the next week and she had still not talked to them when she was in NZ a week later, so there is some hurt feelings there.

    I originally thought Jason may have got the guts to call her dad prior to the FRC and may have been denied their blessing because they do not know him. He told Mel at the FRC, she did not care and he proposed. The private show is for repairing the rift with her phobic unsupportive parents.

    BUT maybe after talking with De Jason decided to choose Mel regardless of the parents and proposes to Mel at FRC. And Mel tells him she loves him and wants to marry him but SHE has spoken to her parents from NZ and they do not support her accepting a proposal. Maybe she asks does he still want to marry her with that between them since parents are so important to him? He says she is perfect for him so they will just have to win them over together. The private show is still about repairing her parental relationship.

    Or maybe Jason's parents do not want him to propose to Mel but he and Mel go forth with neither set of parents approval. Private show to mend all parental relationships.

  7. #13347
    hom
    hom is offline
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    126

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    I believe it was a closed set because they needed to keep the taping secret a while longer. But they couldn't wait until now to tape it and have a happy ending with he and Melissa without allowing some time between ATFR1 and 2. It had nothing to do with making it intimate for Melissa, if they wanted that he could break up with her OFF CAMERA.

  8. #13348
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,035

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3345661;
    I had a horrible trip and fell on the streets of Manhattan Saturday night. The two people I was with witnessed it and I was horribly embarrassed. These were friends, and were sincerely concerned, but I felt like an idiot all night. Forget the fact, I could have truly hurt myself, I felt like an uncoordinated dunce!
    I guess the point being, I can not imagine being humiliated in front of millions. I guess you just have to say to yourself, "To heck with everyone else, I have to move on." Not easy to do, but the only option.
    I am sorry for your fall. I know that was embarrassing, but I am glad you weren't hurt.

    Now, I asked someone why in the world if what was being said was true would Melissa ever want to appear in the After The Final Rose Part2 segment in such a humiliating position. I was told that they would tell her that it would show that she was ready to move on.

    I call baloney on that! They could have that kind of show perfectly well without her. They would want to exploit her for the drama which might even slow down how quickly she was able "to move on."

    Phooey on that!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  9. #13349
    hom
    hom is offline
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    126

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3345699;
    I agree, Ryvetted, this is why getting the time line straight is so important before being so judgmental on a message board. If he proposed in all sincerity, to Mel, and then ended it (for whatever reason) and then went on to Molly then that's one thing. If he began seeing Molly before he let Mel know that his feelings had changed that is unacceptable in the real world. If that is the case, how will he live this down? Why would he subject himself to judgment and ridicule for the sake of a reality show? This is what I'm not getting!! Do we know for a fact that Melissa is outraged and angry or is that an assumption based on people's reaction to the above scenario?
    We don't know much of anything for a fact, but I did enjoy this portion of RS's latest blog:

    The other major point Chris makes is that he wrote his blog on Saturday night, and at that point, the ATFR 2 had not even taped yet, so, they couldnít possibly be screwing with the editing of a show that hasnít been filmed yet. Ah ha! Well, I was told this past Saturday as well that the ATFR 2 hadnít been taped yet either, but didnít have enough confirmation, so I decided to hold off on it. Guess my information was right yet again. And you know why I heard it hasnít been taped yet? Because ABC wants Melissa on camera talking about what happened and she wants no part of it after how badly they screwed her. Can you blame her? I hope she holds out on them so that show never airs. Once again, this is what Iíve been led to believe, but it sure makes a hell of a lot of sense. Their ATFR 2 is airing one week from tonight and they havenít taped anything yet? Melissa has them by the balls. I love it.

  10. #13350
    FORT Fan ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tavares, FL
    Posts
    361

    Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

    The thing is - no matter what...I seriously doubt whether we'll ever know the REAL story. Right now there are so many varying theories and suspicions. It's like you can't apply logic to this situation.

    I kind of agree though with a closed set allowing them to hype it more. It sounds more dramatic. And yes, it certainly does not give witnesses. :nono

    No matter how this works out or ends - I keep feeling ABC honchos must be THRILLED with the hoopla. In the ratings game - the only bad press is no press.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.