Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: RS Predictions **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Love Kaysar;3344425;
    I think where RS went wrong is he throws too much of his opinion and what he thinks happened in with the only 3 facts he knows and people run with every word he says as fact. It would've taken 3 sentences and a 1 minute video (no video necessary but I digress) for him to say the things he knows for a fact: 1. Jason picked Mel in NZ. 2. The ATFR was filmed Jan 18th and Mel and Jason broke up. 3. Jason and Molly are now dating. People need to remember that's all really knows and the rest are no better than the speculation and comments by people on his site and all the others. Honestly he doesn't seem that smart to me (KMoon/Rebecca/Bird Flower anyone?) so I don't think much of what he "thinks" or "guesses" to be true, especially since I think Megan is the one who fed him this info and she is friends with Mel so she's getting her slant of the story...

How do we know that Megan who he is getting his info from? I totally missed that.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. -- Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3345643;
    You see no difference between taped footage being rebroadcast and a live show with an audience?
    If someone agrees to to end an engagement on camera, and the person being dumped is not expecting it, then I don't see the difference between doing it in front of a live studio audience or taped on a closed set. The humiliation would be off the charts either way, you know millions are going to see it!

I'll go even further and say I think it's an awful thing to do even if the couple isn't engaged and they're just dating. I've been dumped and I'd want to die if cameras had been there to film it for the consumption of millions. I would feel extremely violated and tricked, even if we weren't engaged.

This isn't the same as the rose ceremonies, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3345656;
    If someone agrees to to end an engagement on camera, and the person being dumped is not expecting it, then I don't see the difference between doing it in front of a live studio audience or taped on a closed set. The humiliation would be off the charts either way, you know millions are going to see it!

I'll go even further and say I think it's an awful thing to do even if the couple isn't engaged and they're just dating. I've been dumped and I'd want to die if cameras had been there to film it for the consumption of millions. I would feel extremely violated and tricked, even if we weren't engaged.

I had a horrible trip and fell on the streets of Manhattan Saturday night. The two people I was with witnessed it and I was horribly embarrassed. These were friends, and were sincerely concerned, but I felt like an idiot all night. Forget the fact, I could have truly hurt myself, I felt like an uncoordinated dunce!
    I guess the point being, I can not imagine being humiliated in front of millions. I guess you just have to say to yourself, "To heck with everyone else, I have to move on." Not easy to do, but the only option.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3345646;
    I think the point is that during all of the RCs, the women go in knowing that they can be let go. They are as prepared as they can be under the circumstances. Mel went to the ATFR believing that she and Jason were a couple.....that even though Molly might be there, she was only there as F2 and not as a rival. So she was blindsided. They did it to capture her shock and her raw emotions. She was not able to prepare for rejection because that has never been done on an ATFR show and she had absolutely no reason to expect it.
    While you are presenting a very valid and logical point, it is not my point. My question is whether you see any difference between this being filmed on a closed set to be broadcast at a later date and broadcasting live in front of an audience?

FORT Fogey

I've posted my doubts about the accuracy of RS's info a few times. But, on his side perhaps, is this from today's ABC press release:

For the finale, which it specifies as being 2 hours, it says:

In one of the most romantic and dramatic moments in “Bachelor” history, Jason makes a decision that will change his life forever, on the season finale of “The Bachelor,” MONDAY, MARCH 2 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET)....
    It then acknowledges the proposal:

Jason’s proposal to the love of his life was one of the most romantic moments in Bachelor history....

For the ATFR, which it specifies as 1 hour (thus being clear about what the statement pertains to):

Emotions run high at the unexpected and shocking ending of Jason’s journey to find true love, on the one-hour special, “ (my emphasis)
    That doesn't sound like Molly b*tching about Jason's choice, it sounds like a changed ending. Maybe Jason does change his mind.

I may be back on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3345662;
    While you are presenting a very valid and logical point, it is not my point. My question is whether you see any difference between this being filmed on a closed set to be broadcast at a later date and broadcasting live in front of an audience?
    I'm not really sure it matters what we think on this topic. We could examine this technically and emotional. And if it happend it's a mute point anyway.

Technically speaking they are different. When you record things in a studio there is a different element then when there is an audience. Taping in front of a live audience requires more equipment, different lighting, microphones and retakes for audience reaction.

Is it right to do either way...that's really up to everyone to decide on their own.
    Last edited by FARAWAYFAN25; 02-24-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. -- Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3345656;

My question is not about whether the event is filmed or not filmed. Do you find any difference between a humiliating event being taped on a closed set to be broadcast at a later date and it being broadcast live in front of an audience?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3345624;
    Amen, and no amount of semantic dancing on the head of a pin changes that one basic and defining fact.
    That happens to everyone that is let go by Jason.

If Mel knows going into the AFR taping that Jason is choosing between her and Molly on that show then I do not think it is any different than what happens to anyone else.

I do not think as many people have suggested that Jason and Mel should have faked it for 3 months.

I think RS had info that many othes had but dressed it up in two timings and conspiracies to get his 15 minutes of fame.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3344762;
    Since neither of us has seen the contract--we're both speculating on its terms.

But I suspect that it is a little broader and more generic than specifing each appearance.

What do you think?
    Unless they have come up with a new contract, there is nothing about an ATFRpart2 mentioned in it. There is mention of an ATFR, though.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3345662;
    No taping it is worse. If it was live at least everyone can see that your reaction is the jerk dumping you, what if they leave that out and only show your reaction?

Also knowing it's taped means you have to dread it being seen for over a month. At least if it was live, it was over and done with and she can begin the process of moving on.